• Watch Out for Scammers!

We've now added a color code for all accounts. Orange accounts are new members, Blue are full members, and Green are Supporters. If you get a message about a sale from an orange account, make sure you pay attention before sending any money!

Used Lee reloading package - a good deal?

roblewis999

Private
Minuteman
Sep 29, 2009
Beach in NC
I reside near Camp lejeune, and we have a website called LYS.

It's similar to craigslist.

Anyhow - some guy put this up - as the noobest of the noob I have never even seen a reloading setup except in the forums here.

Too much to list but includes;
1. Lee single stage press- needs cleaning
2. Lee Auto Prime II for large and small primers
3. Lyman Dial Caliper in case
4. Lee Auto Disk powder Measure Complete set
5. 950 Winchester small pistol magnum primers
6. 1000 Winchester small pistol std. primers
7. 900 large pistol primers
8. Lee Primer punch
9. 9mm, .357/38 spl, .45ACP, .44 Mag, Die sets, complete
10. 2- 50 round reloading trays
11. 3 reloading books,
12. Ultra Vibe 10 Tumbler with strainer.
13. Lots of round cases
14. Lots of brass.
15. Many more items to go with this.

Will not serarate if possible.
e-mail for pics and appointment to come see/get.
You won't be disappointed!!!!
Price: $700 OBO

I used the websites of lee and midwayusa and came up with a rough total value of about 520 at retail. This doesn’t account for items 13-15, plus whatever else he didn’t list. I emailed for pics on wens but have received nothing at the time of this posting.

I realize that in order to get an informed opinion from those more knowledgeable the more info the better. I'll update this as he dishes out the info.

I intend to reload 9mm/40sw in light, heavy, +P, subsonic.
5.56 in bulk and for precision work
Something in the 6-7mm range for precision rifle
338lm later on

Any thoughts with what we know now?

You guys making being a noob much easier.

*edited to make title more accurate

Re: Used Lee reloading package - a good deal?

Yeah thats the # I got when I priced it all - so its going to rest on items 13-15.

How many cases and/or bullets does he need to have in there to get it to being a good deal. generic rough guess?

i dont know how somone could list a item like this. there is to much room for error in the info he listed. if it comes with 10 5.56 cases that are on there 6th firing its a bad deal. if it comes with thousands of lapua unfired brass its a great deal.

id ask for specific info and see what he says

My response to his post was walking the fine line between showing interest and telling him he’s a jackass for giving the absolute minimum description possible. Of course I haven’t heard back from him in over 24 hours and I am 99% sure I was the first to respond to his ad.

I was buying a plate carrier and when I got done typing a 3 sentence email it had appeared.

If he contacts me I'll just go check it out. Not that I have any idea what I'm looking at/for, but I figured I could at least count the brass and bullets/ sort by caliber and grain weight, etc.

400 rds of Wetern Super Match IV .22 cal
300 rds of Wetsern Super Match III .22 cal
300 rds of Winchester .38 spl mid-range 148 gr. lead Super Match
100 rds of .38 spl once fired brass
200=300 rds of .45 ACP brass, once fired some deprimed, some not
box of mixed brass .38, .45, .44 mag
2000 plus rds of 9mm federal once fired brass (needs good cleaning)
2 new 50 rd. bullet cases green
2 used 100 rd bullet cases green
1 new 100 rd bullet case green
2 50 rd bullet cases red
50 +- .28 cal SWC 160 Grain bullets
400 approx. .44Cal. SWC 240 grain bullets
400 approx. .45Cal 225 Grain FP's
100-150 approx. .44Cal 240 grain Flat Base
5 Books;
Lyman Reloading Handbook 45th Edition
Lyman Reloading Handbook 46th Edition
Handloader's Guide
Winchester Ball Powder Loading Data
Hercules Reloading Guide
57 30/30 Winchester once fired rifle brass.

Also have some powder plus everything listed on Lejeune Yard sales.

As for your questions; 1.Yes this press will allow you to reload Rifle, Pistol, and even shotgun!!(although I never reloaded shotgun myself) 2. Yes I am open to trades, what do you have that I might need??

I will send pics of stuff via a separate e-mail.

Apparently it also comes with that stuff.

Really all that I am interested in is the 9mm stuff, so it looks like I'm getting some brass, everything else is pretty much useless to me.

Is this a deal I should take, knowing full well I have to sell a bunch of it?

You could just spend 80 bucks on the kit and another hundred on extras and have it new w/out the BS.

Reloading pistol in a angle stage is enough to drive you fughin insane though.

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: rrflyer</div><div class="ubbcode-body">

Reloading pistol in a angle stage is enough to drive you fughin insane though. </div></div>

i loaded 1000 rds on a single stage and swore i would never do that again

And for around $500 you could have a great new progressive set up by Dillon, Hornady or Lee with dies, powder measure, tool head and conversion plate and a couple great reloading manuals to load your 9mm cases.

The latest Dillon catalog lists the 550B for $419.00, with everything I listed but dies and manuals. It is an excellent tool and they are great to deal with for questions and advice. Hornady's Lock-n-Load is also a great set up, though not one I have used.

You can start out going slow on a progressive until you know what you are doing.

If you decide you want to sell it, no one ever questions whether a used Dillon is a good tool!

t fall for the I have lots and lots of stuff, at a great price. This is a great price for the seller only.

Just get a lee anniversary kit and your 9mm dies. You will save a ton of money if you want to go the cheaper route with a single stage.