• Watch Out for Scammers!

We've now added a color code for all accounts. Orange accounts are new members, Blue are full members, and Green are Supporters. If you get a message about a sale from an orange account, make sure you pay attention before sending any money!

NavyshooterM40

CAPT USN (ret)
Minuteman
Sep 19, 2010
Texas
I found a used unfired (without box) S&W 28-2 for $629.00 based on Gun Broker prices it seams like a fair price?

Re: Used S&W 28-2

Bit high, but it seems that prices on N frames keep going higher and higher. I bought my first 28-2 for 450 about 5 years ago. That's considered damn good deal now.

I don't think $629 is too high for a good Model 28 (never saw a bad one).

I don't think they are gonna get cheaper, not like they are making any more of them.

As an old cop who carried one (still have it) for 20 years I think the Model 28 is about the best LE Service pistol made.

But I'm partial.

OP: if you don't get it, the next guy will. It's at least 26 years old and unfired, box or not. Think about <span style="font-style: italic">that.</span>

I'd get it, except I am in freaking Kalifornia, and can't get these treasures anymore. I hate it here..

Thanks for the inputs. I bought it now the question do I shot it or not?

It doesn't have a box, so I wouldn't be shy about spinning that wallflower around the dance floor at least once.

Oh, and Cap, you don't dare do that without taking baby pictures and sharing same forthwith!

It's no fun if you don't shoot it. Shooting won't take away from it's value as much as carrying it. I just sold one a few months ago that didn't have the original finish on it for $585. So shoot away it will still be worth what you gave for it.