• Watch Out for Scammers!

We've now added a color code for all accounts. Orange accounts are new members, Blue are full members, and Green are Supporters. If you get a message about a sale from an orange account, make sure you pay attention before sending any money!

Useless great gun

Texasflyer

Koala Gladiator
Minuteman
  • Mar 3, 2021
    Texas
    So today i was in one of my local gunshops and i was buying a custom ruger 10/22, doing the paperwork on the gemtech integrally suppressed barrel and picking out the trigger group ect ect. And i spied a gun i always thought was interesting. A beretta cx4, i have no idea what im gonna do with it, but i wanted it for whatever reason.
    20210513_134602.jpg

Took it home and shot 15 for 15 at 75 yds right out of the box.... not terrible. Not sure where it fits in the collection though, its my first pcc other than a high point 9mm when i was a kid, which this really reminds me of lol. What guns do yall buy and then have no real reason to own other than just lookin at or target shooting?

I have a 1901 manufactured Winchester model 1897 in 12 guage..... I have no use for the shotgun other than its cool, something 120 years old still functions. Started as a crusty but complete project gun, reblued and furniture has been replaced because the originals were cracked and oil soaked, so little collector value ....maybe BBQ gun?
    20210328_142318.jpg
    20210328_142356.jpg

Last edited:
    My town has a water cooled machine gun like that on display in our tiny town museum nobody goes to. The water tank is all rusted out, but its cool, my grandmother used to curate it as part of eastern star and i would take her to do her thing and just look at it...
    Swap it out some night with a worn replica. (ignore the felony part)

Reactions: camocorvette
    Swap it out some night with a worn replica. (ignore the felony part)
    Dude, as a person who sees the world in exploded diagrams.... it kills me, but it is not meant to be lol. I think it was pretty far gone from rust pitting anyways. But it was neat to see it and think about it firing. Anytime sirhr wants to invite me over i will do chores for the experience just throwing that out there lol.

Last edited:
    Ummm, absolutely not. That is a definite need

I don’t have any guns that are “just because”, at least not yet. I have inherited a few that only have sentimental value though. I have an Iver Johnson .22 pistol that was my grandfather’s when he was getting a little too old to handle a 1911, and I got my grandmother’s derringer. I’m sure I’ll dust them off when my kids start shooting but until then, they’re just for decoration

I try to have one of each Colt and S&W revolver from the period of 30-60 years ago. Within reason of course...(the popular common models).

Why? Well, purely because I love shooting them, and aside from my old lady they're my second favorite thing to fondle.

@Texasflyer - put that Beretta on the wall in your bedroom. It will for sure keep you from finishing too soon, though it also might send you into battle with a wet lasagna noodle to fight too.......

The others make sense, but that thing is like bringing home Honey Booboo's mom and acting like you have Selma Hayek on your arm...

Last edited:
    Slam firing 6 rounds of 12 guage in this ancient sweeper is almost as much fun as a machine gun!
    Bull Creek arms will do a beautiful trench gun conversion if you are into that.
    It looks like yours doesn't need much of anything, but they do bore it for 2-3/4 and completely spec internals, my extractor was really tired, they replaced it, blued I even found a Remington bayonet for it, correct model.

I now have a sword connected to it. 😁

@Texasflyer - put that Beretta on the wall in your bedroom. It will for sure keep you from finishing too soon, though it also might send you into battle with a wet lasagna noodle to fight too.......

The others make sense, but that thing is like bringing home Honey Booboo's mom and acting like you have Selma Hayek on your arm...
    Had one years ago. It ran perfectly, shot pretty well, but that trigger....... And it's a plastic type of crap rather than metal.

Bought it for the boy to pack while out roaming the boonies, he preferred the mp5 lol.

I have been wanting a suppressed .357 lever action for some .38 fun
    Did that to a Marlin .357 a long time ago. Called SWR about it with a Trident 9, Henry was pretty interested in the project but stated that the mag was a lot to put through it.
    He even asked for pics and a video, which I sent after it was completed.

So, I took it to my builder, threading was perfectly centered of course, diameter is a thing, moved the band back and the sights. And voilà, a.....very quiet lever gun .

It is stupid quiet with .38 special and really a very cool project, but probably not very useful. 😁

I dont know, the military version is pretty badass. I actually had a blast shooting it yesterday. But also that was kinda the point of my post....

I picked up a PPQ simply because it had a threaded barrel to mount my can I got for free (well + stamp). I'd not been a red dot handgun guy, but threw a red dot on it because it happened to be optics ready and HOLY CRAP IS THIS THING AWESOME.

Sometimes random buys are the best buys.

Reactions: Kamerad
    This was pretty useless IMO... It did work though, pretty well in fact. I got rid of it...
    IMG_1242.JPG

But I kept this one! May be semi but it doesn't really matter with one of these --they don't fire that fast full auto anyway. The mount is a Mk93 on a Mk123 tripod. It works really well too, no felt recoil and the tripod doesn't jump.
    IMG_1020.JPG

IDK... It's sorta useless unless shit goes South.

This was pretty useless IMO... It did work though, pretty well in fact. I got rid of it...
    View attachment 7625230

But I kept this one! May be semi but it doesn't really matter with one of these --they don't fire that fast full auto anyway. The mount is a Mk93 on a Mk123 tripod. It works really well too, no felt recoil and the tripod doesn't jump.
    View attachment 7625232
    You just need to import a Hilux and add a pintle 😁

Useless bbq gun you say
    I have a 1901 manufactured Winchester model 1897 in 12 guage..... I have no use for the shotgun other than its cool, something 120 years old still functions. Started as a crusty but complete project gun, reblued and furniture has been replaced because the originals were cracked and oil soaked, so little collector value ....maybe BBQ gun?View attachment 7624744View attachment 7624745
    I went a different route with my 97, it is a solid frame though.
    971A9505-B39D-4A9C-B493-793512BC1DD0.jpeg

View attachment 7625230

View attachment 7625232
    I let my second 1919a4 sail down the river the other day. Some days, you just regret something as soon as you do it. Yet I have done it twice, maybe I’m crazy
    4721A76C-4927-435D-8C74-18562BEE10C0.jpeg

some great looking firearms here, love the Uberti!

my useless gun is a springfield xds for conceiled carry in NJ...in NJ lol never happening but a nice thought haha

Reactions: wh20crazy
    So today i was in one of my local gunshops and i was buying a custom ruger 10/22, doing the paperwork on the gemtech integrally suppressed barrel and picking out the trigger group ect ect. And i spied a gun i always thought was interesting. A beretta cx4, i have no idea what im gonna do with it, but i wanted it for whatever reason. View attachment 7624743
    Took it home and shot 15 for 15 at 75 yds right out of the box.... not terrible. Not sure where it fits in the collection though, its my first pcc other than a high point 9mm when i was a kid, which this really reminds me of lol. What guns do yall buy and then have no real reason to own other than just lookin at or target shooting?
    Do yourself a favor and pull out the trigger pack and send it to Sierra Papa so they can yank those plastic parts out and replace them with their trigger/hammer kit. I also bought their steel guide rod to go along with the ther trigger. Well worth it and makes shooting the CX4 much more pleasurable.

Reactions: Texasflyer
    I have a "useless" Model 97. The only reason I bought it is because it came from the Salt Lake City Police armory and has SLCPD stamped on the receiver.

No pics at the moment as it is buried in the back of the safe :(

Do yourself a favor and pull out the trigger pack and send it to Sierra Papa so they can yank those plastic parts out and replace them with their trigger/hammer kit. I also bought their steel guide rod to go along with the ther trigger. Well worth it and makes shooting the CX4 much more pleasurable.
    I was looking on their site last night, but it seems they are having issues due to covid crap and other stuff. I do plan on doing the all metal upgrades, did the same with my m9, im not big on plastic parts lol

I bought a CZ Scorpion purely on a whim. Granted, I got a fantastic deal on it, but I had absolutely no use for it. Ordered direct through CZ's LE sales, had it in a week, and found out its a blast to shoot!

Last edited:
    I try to have one of each Colt and S&W revolver from the period of 30-60 years ago. Within reason of course...(the popular common models).

Why? Well, purely because I love shooting them, and aside from my old lady they're my second favorite thing to fondle.
    Sir...... putting pre lock, pre MIM S&W revolvers into this category are fighting words!

Sir...... putting pre lock, pre MIM S&W revolvers into this category are fighting words!

Nope. Not at all 😀

You CAN still use an older S&W or Colt DA as a fine outdoors/defensive revolver. However I am not about to jack up the finish on any of my P&R Smiths, or any of my older Colts...or any of my three screw Blackhawks for that matter.

I've found that a $450 polymer striker fired pistol is much, much more useful. Mostly because I carry one everywhere on the ranch and it bothers me not to smack it off of something.

So today i was in one of my local gunshops and i was buying a custom ruger 10/22, doing the paperwork on the gemtech integrally suppressed barrel and picking out the trigger group ect ect. And i spied a gun i always thought was interesting. A beretta cx4, i have no idea what im gonna do with it, but i wanted it for whatever reason. View attachment 7624743
    I SBR'd mine, plus had the shit trigger worked on. It was a fun suppressed plinker back when I had plenty of cheap 147gn 9mm, LOL! Love your FDE copy.
    5E6801F6-CD35-4AD9-852B-C64E9FC33E75.jpeg
    B2D8CE4B-F58D-4D06-9E0E-9006FDD6EF41.jpeg

Yeah im considering this heavily. Pretty sure im gonna get another stamp soon lol

I honestly dont think the trigger is that bad, but i rarely mess with any trigger. I get used to shooting the stock stuff unless it breaks, i changed my m9 trigger to metal but it changed zero about it.

I think my dpms lr g2 has a guiesly trigger in it,i know i butchered that.... but i didnt put it in there and dont really notice much difference from other ar triggers that were milspec.

Nope. Not at all 😀

You CAN still use an older S&W or Colt DA as a fine outdoors/defensive revolver. However I am not about to jack up the finish on any of my P&R Smiths, or any of my older Colts...or any of my three screw Blackhawks for that matter.

I've found that a $450 polymer striker fired pistol is much, much more useful. Mostly because I carry one everywhere on the ranch and it bothers me not to smack it off of something.
    I love my revolvers but every time I carry one, I miss the other 26 rounds that I could have carried!

The CX4 is banned here in Canada... but my Ruger PC carbine 9mm isn't 🙄