• Watch Out for Scammers!

We've now added a color code for all accounts. Orange accounts are new members, Blue are full members, and Green are Supporters. If you get a message about a sale from an orange account, make sure you pay attention before sending any money!

Useless great gun

Holy crap, i cant believe the little switch blade rail is actually good.... had so much fun with it today i had to slap an eotech on it tmto try and got curious, i have never seen anyone do anything but pull the little rail out and slide it back in lol.
20210514_214951.jpg

Reactions: LonewolfMcQuade
So today i was in one of my local gunshops and i was buying a custom ruger 10/22, doing the paperwork on the gemtech integrally suppressed barrel and picking out the trigger group ect ect. And i spied a gun i always thought was interesting. A beretta cx4, i have no idea what im gonna do with it, but i wanted it for whatever reason. View attachment 7624743
Took it home and shot 15 for 15 at 75 yds right out of the box.... not terrible. Not sure where it fits in the collection though, its my first pcc other than a high point 9mm when i was a kid, which this really reminds me of lol. What guns do yall buy and then have no real reason to own other than just lookin at or target shooting?
Cool, I did something similar and picked up a cz scorpion carbine on whim and it's a damn fun little blaster. Even with trash wolf ammo, it was put rounds into the size a baseball at 25 yards.

Well, i lied in saying it was useless. This is my new favorite turtle gun. Completely devasted the turtle population in both of my tanks today. No problem multiple hits on 10" steel with a steady stick at 150 yds... the eotech is a good fit on it.... just a blast. 10/10 would grab for a bump in the night scenario. Cant wait till the 30 rdrs come in

Reactions: LonewolfMcQuade
So today i was in one of my local gunshops and i was buying a custom ruger 10/22, doing the paperwork on the gemtech integrally suppressed barrel and picking out the trigger group ect ect. And i spied a gun i always thought was interesting. A beretta cx4, i have no idea what im gonna do with it, but i wanted it for whatever reason. View attachment 7624743
Took it home and shot 15 for 15 at 75 yds right out of the box.... not terrible. Not sure where it fits in the collection though, its my first pcc other than a high point 9mm when i was a kid, which this really reminds me of lol. What guns do yall buy and then have no real reason to own other than just lookin at or target shooting?
I had one when I was a kid. I always wished I had it back. I was told by a older man at that time that mine was a military surplus gun because of the steel stock plate. No doubt about that. The bluing was totally worn off. Mine was stamped 1893 on it. It looked just like a 1897 though. I guess some people remember their first girlfriend and first serious shotgun.

Its in the picture of the post you quoted

I was giving you an out man...😁

Copperheads have a much wider patten, and the usual "Hershey's kiss" design where it is wide at the belly and extremely narrow at the top of the back.

What you have there is a Great Plains Rat Snake.

Being a bit of a snake hater myself I learned which to kill and which to leave alone. I did just kill a cotton mouth two days ago in the swimming hole below the house that the girls were about to jump into...I feel you. Anything that looks like a threat...dies.

Copperhead for comparison, and 99% of them look alike:

agkcon210.jpg

A buddy of mine has a Cx 4, and simply won’t part with it. A solid blaster! Accurate, too, though I don’t have any metrics to put to that claim.
Then again, I think my Gen 4 Glock trigger is just fine, and I like the HK LEM trigger.

I recently picked a pair of Winchester 100s in .308. Have zero practical use for them, but I did sell the non-carbine one for the price that I paid for both of them. So, I have a Winchester 100 in .308 that I just replaced the firing pin due to the recall in the 70s! not sure if it's gonna shoot straight...

Copperheads have a much wider patten, and the usual "Hershey's kiss" design where it is wide at the belly and extremely narrow at the top of the back.

Being a bit of a snake hater myself I learned which to kill and which to leave alone. I did just kill a cotton mouth two days ago in the swimming hole below the house that the girls were about to jump into...I feel you. Anything that looks like a threat...dies.

View attachment 7654192
I seen a few dead ones of those a while back
AF2A33D1-380C-4ECF-BFCB-22C8172A45C8.jpeg

View attachment 7654192
Yeah i have been known to be wrong, i tend to kill em and not think about it too much, but i see the diffefernce now in the pictures. I would rather be corrected and maybe learn something than try to save face with an out. Lol, the color just looked so similar it fooled me without something to compare it to.

Reactions: diggler1833
Around here they are called corn snakes. They are very similar to the copperhead and are often confused with each other.
Yeah i have been known to be wrong, i tend to kill em and not think about it too much, but i see the diffefernce now in the pictures. I would rather be corrected and maybe learn something than try to save face with an out. Lol, the color just looked so similar it fooled me without something to compare it to.
Corn snakes and black snakes are good to have around. I have a 7 foot long black snake that's been living in my garage for several years. The woman has gotten accustomed to it being around. It's the only thing that the dog hasn't killed. He's put his mouth on it and decided that he didn't want to go any further.
IMG_20200612_164020.jpg

Last edited:
Since we're hijacking the shit out of this thread anyway...

...Thanks for not getting pissed at me when I busted in with my little professor hat and pinky sticking in the air.

I'm busy learning about the differences in native grasses and their ability to grow in different soils right now...can't wait until there's a moment I can interrupt a thread with that gold.

Since we're hijacking the shit out of this thread anyway...

...Thanks for not getting pissed at me when I busted in with my little professor hat and pinky sticking in the air.

I'm busy learning about the differences in native grasses and their ability to grow in different soils right now...can't wait until there's a moment I can interrupt a thread with that gold.
In recent years i have stopped trying to kill everything that looks a little creepy and try to keep it to the dangerous or food lol. But at 20 mph on a dirt road every snake looks like a copperhead lol. I wish more threads got interupted with actual information. Thank you. Never know when it may come in handy.

Reactions: roostercogburn98
Around here they are called corn snakes. They are very similar to the copperhead and are often confused with each other.

Corn snakes and black snakes are good to have around. I have a 7 foot long black snake that's been living in my garage for several years. The woman has gotten accustomed to it being around. It's the only thing that the dog hasn't killed. He's put his mouth on it and decided that he didn't want to go any further.
View attachment 7654366
Makes me wonder how many of the "moccasins" i see in ditches are actual moccasins lol... probably less than i think.

Reactions: DarnYankeeUSMC
I recently picked a pair of Winchester 100s in .308. Have zero practical use for them, but I did sell the non-carbine one for the price that I paid for both of them. So, I have a Winchester 100 in .308 that I just replaced the firing pin due to the recall in the 70s! not sure if it's gonna shoot straight...
My daughter inherited Grandpa's 100. Solid deer rifle. Brownells makes mags for it.

View attachment 7654366
When I was a lad I would take the black snakes we caught in the hen house and let them loose up the trees with starlings nesting in them, poof no more starling for a bit!

My "why?" Gun is a super redhawk in .44 mag with a 9.5 inch barrel. It does shoot pretty softly though.

Wow, Winchester 100 semi-autos...you don't see many of those around...unless you come to my house where I have two rifles and two carbines chambered in .284 Win. I guess that I have them just to keep company with my Winchester 88 in .284, my Ruger 77 in .284, my Browning BLR in .284, and my Cooper 52 in .284. Have you ever tried to buy a box of Winchester .284 ammo?? Kinda like trying to find unicorns.

I want a pre 64 model 70 in 300 Holland and Holland just because.

First year Ruger Blackhawk in .44 magnum. With original grip, its a pain to shoot (especially compared to the XR-RED grips of later models which fit my hand and Brenda Lea’s hand perfectly.)
AF543FC6-C238-41EF-B00D-091B7DF07864.jpeg
But considering how many four digit, original .44 Magnum Blackhawk’s are available in this world, who cares.

First year Ruger Blackhawk in .44 magnum. With original grip, its a pain to shoot (especially compared to the XR-RED grips of later models which fit my hand and Brenda Lea’s hand perfectly.)View attachment 7654908 But considering how many four digit, original .44 Magnum Blackhawk’s are available in this world, who cares.
I have the same gun, just 50 years younger (anniversary edition)!

Reactions: Dead Eye Dick
First year Ruger Blackhawk in .44 magnum. With original grip, its a pain to shoot (especially compared to the XR-RED grips of later models which fit my hand and Brenda Lea’s hand perfectly.)View attachment 7654908 But considering how many four digit, original .44 Magnum Blackhawk’s are available in this world, who cares.
at least it aint got the fukin squared trigger guard on it. i’ve only seen one other…as far as i know, the guy still has it. i would have bought it that day, but he already got enough of my money. someday i’ll stop by and see if he still has it.

those old models are nice guns…a slight step down from freedom arms.

Last edited: