• Watch Out for Scammers!

We've now added a color code for all accounts. Orange accounts are new members, Blue are full members, and Green are Supporters. If you get a message about a sale from an orange account, make sure you pay attention before sending any money!

Users of Hornady case length gauge, didn't the bullet pusher used to be made of brass?

AbitNutz

Sergeant of the Hide
Minuteman
Feb 19, 2021
SW Ohio
Not that it matters a whole lot, I guess. I bought a Hornady case length gauge and was a little surprised that the bullet pusher was made of plastic and not brass. I swear I handled one at one time that was brass. I know the curved one is a brass spring. I guess I just like nice tools and plastic kinda, you know, plastic in a tool....?

Had mine for many years, its plastic. No issues. I guess if you want you could replace it with a aluminum or brass rod if you like.

My memory must be failing me...and they say the legs are the first to go.

Was going to say the design is like ~30 years old, been through a few revisions before Hornady bought it.

Well, I guess that answers the question...does the plastic hold up?
Is it plastic. Kinda think it’s maybe nylon and will be very tough.

I found that mine bound up a bit so a spray of silicone and some normal use loosened it.
Cheers

They do have some flashing from the mold. A scrape with a razor or knife does improve the feel on them.

Reactions: Baron23