• Watch Out for Scammers!

We've now added a color code for all accounts. Orange accounts are new members, Blue are full members, and Green are Supporters. If you get a message about a sale from an orange account, make sure you pay attention before sending any money!

Users of JP trigger spring kit?

biner626

Sergeant
Minuteman
May 26, 2010
Goodlettsville,TN
Im thinking about installing this trigger kit on my rifle. Have any of you had any problems with light primer strikes with this kit? I'm using CCI 41 primers.

Re: Users of JP trigger spring kit?

unless you are running their lightweight hammer it would be the best to just change out the trigger spring and leave the hammer spring with the factory spring.

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: Adam B</div><div class="ubbcode-body">unless you are running their lightweight hammer it would be the best to just change out the trigger spring and leave the hammer spring with the factory spring. </div></div>

I ran the lighter trigger spring without the lighter hammer spring after a bad experience hunting with the lighter hammer spring.

Try pulling the trigger multiple times on a deer in season, and trying to quietly work the bolt to re-cock the weapon to attempt to fire again.

Totally futile. It was a definite learning experience.

The funny part was that it worked fine at the range- but it was maybe 20 below when I needed it to work, and I guess the spring didn't work as well in the cold.

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: Adam B</div><div class="ubbcode-body">unless you are running their lightweight hammer it would be the best to just change out the trigger spring and leave the hammer spring with the factory spring. </div></div>Agreed.

I run their sring kit with a bobbed hammer in my 3gun rifle without problems. I wouldn't spend the cash on their hammer, just take a Dremel to yours, and it should be pretty much the same thing.

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: BigBlue&Goldie</div><div class="ubbcode-body">I run their sring kit with a bobbed hammer in my 3gun rifle without problems. I wouldn't spend the cash on their hammer, just take a Dremel to yours, and it should be pretty much the same thing.</div></div>

I did the same thing to my hammer, I recommend it

I have the JP trigger kit in an AR15, and in a DPMS LR308, no problems with either one. I have never had any difficulty with light primer strikes.

Have their trigger kits on my Ar-15 and .308 POF. Installed the one on my POF myself was pretty straight forward, worked the hammer with a dremel once and it was perfect. I also used the lighter yellow hammer spring in my .308, and have yet to experienced any light primer strikes. But I use BR-2 primers so that might be some of the reason.

I've had good luck after some filing of the original trigger/hammer, but it's not what a decent kit is. Check out Jard, they are great for the money. Or just get a full adjustable JP kit.

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: Adam B</div><div class="ubbcode-body"><div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: BigBlue&Goldie</div><div class="ubbcode-body">I run their sring kit with a bobbed hammer in my 3gun rifle without problems. I wouldn't spend the cash on their hammer, just take a Dremel to yours, and it should be pretty much the same thing.</div></div>

I did the same thing to my hammer, I recommend it </div></div>
Just so all you weekend gunsmiths know there is a place for the dremel just not as seen on shows like red jacket ect....The dremeld hammer does work just as well and if you already have the dremel and a vice, why not.

Top quality item. I stock very few parts in my side business shop but always keep 5 or so on hand it is one of the best investments for an AR. I even run the yellow spring in my Mega MA-TEN AR 10 308. Over 1k rds no issues just ignoore the legaleze red spring only disclaimer.. damn lawyers...

I have always done the work on my own triggers and springs. I slightly change the spring geometry, and cut off and grind down the rear tab of the hammer.

Light and smooth trigger pull, and super fast lock time on the lightened hammer. Really nice feel and pull to the trigger. No issues with light stikes.

It just plain works...

DK

I am running JP kits in my ar-15 and AR-10 and have had zero issues with both. I have the lighter hammer spring in my AR-10 and have had nop problems with light primer strikes.

I am running a spring and trigger kit from JP on my SPR. It breaks consistently at 3.5lbs. I have had no problems with it. For the money, it's a good kit. I'm not overly impressed with it, but it works well for what I need it for- precision long range target. I have used a Geissele in another rifle, and that's a far superior fire control setup; but it's around $100 more. So again, for the price, a good buy.

Thanks guys. I bought the kit. I'll have to wait for a better trigger on this one until the wife lets go of the purse strings a little.

I started with the yellow spring kits in mine, I got the factory trigger down to 3.5 lbs with a little stone work but it still had that little bit of creep that I dont like. I bought the JP adjustable trigger kit and there light weight hammer and adjusted that and got that to 3.5 lbs right from them no more trigger creep at all. after a little stone work my trigger is at 3 lbs now, I could probably polish it and get it lower but 3 lbs is light enough for me to be happy.