• Watch Out for Scammers!

We've now added a color code for all accounts. Orange accounts are new members, Blue are full members, and Green are Supporters. If you get a message about a sale from an orange account, make sure you pay attention before sending any money!

Using a lee collet die for a mandrel

Ok so the preferred theory here is body die and collet die. I'm tracking there now

What is the main benefit / reason for using this arrangement vs a type s die for example?

Ok so the preferred theory here is body die and collet die. I'm tracking there now

What is the main benefit / reason for using this arrangement vs a type s die for example?

No need to turn necks as the collet die sizes the neck ID based off the mandrel diameter. Bushing die sizes the neck OD so needs consistent (turned) neck wall thickness to produce consistent neck ID’s.

Reactions: Snuby642
They might be close enough to the same length that a 300WM collet die would work. If I had a piece of 300PRC brass, I would run it my collet die and see.

Thanks for the thought. I sent Lee a question and they stated I need a custom die - 8 week lead time. Guess I'll gather the cases and projectiles and send them in.