• Watch Out for Scammers!

We've now added a color code for all accounts. Orange accounts are new members, Blue are full members, and Green are Supporters. If you get a message about a sale from an orange account, make sure you pay attention before sending any money!

using factory brass ?

Re: using factory brass ?

Both will be fine. However, I would favor the Hornady over BH.

I use once fired Hornady Match brass in my personal gun that started life as TAP ammo shot in my department gun. I have found that it is so close in performance to using Lapua brass that I have seen no difference in performance. Hornady is good brass. Especially when its free.

Win, Rem/UMC, Lapua, Hornady/Frontier, BH are all quite adequate. LC and IMI military brass is good too, and should be considered to have less internal capacity, and therefore eligible and advisible for decreasing starting charge weights. Fed/USA may also be good, but over the past few years the primer pockets have been considered rather soft, rendering excessive pocket expansion when using stiffer loads. Once fired military brass has the strong possibility of having been fired in chambers with excessive headspace (machine guns, where headspace is left deliberately sloppy to prevent case extraction problems), and must be checked for interior precursor grooves that herald impending case head separations. Any brass, commercial or military, with such grooves is good only as scrap.

Greg

I've got 20 pieces of Hornady - quite fine brass it is...nothing wrong with it at all except harder to get, for me.

I use BHA too - good brass too.....

I don't think I can outshoot the difference in brass so either is good, but the hornady is thicker so I had to reduce my load over the Winchester by about a grain.