• Watch Out for Scammers!

We've now added a color code for all accounts. Orange accounts are new members, Blue are full members, and Green are Supporters. If you get a message about a sale from an orange account, make sure you pay attention before sending any money!

• Site updates coming next Wednesday at 8am CT!

The site will be down for routine maintenance on Wednesday 6/5 starting at 8am CT. If you have any questions, please PM alexj-12!

USMC Force Fitness

hunting_fishing_addict

Run. Shoot. Lift.
Minuteman
Sep 17, 2017
California
I just graduated the Marine Corps new Force Fitness Instructor school in Quantico, VA. It is a 7 week course, that in the end, makes you a personal trainer and nutritionist for the USMC. If anyone has any questions, please let me know. Have a nice day.

You had to go to school to learn how to say 'drop and give me 20'? :D

ALL PMS Returned.

Getting great activity from this post. I noticed when I joined this forum, that this portion of the forum doesn't get much love! LOL

Why all to PM?

Can't think of any particular questions now but others might have good questions I could parasite off of.

I've been doing a keto diet for about 6 weeks now.

Thinking it's a no brainer diet plan because I've cut all the crap food out of my food chain. Everything now either walked or grew at one time and carbs/processed food are minimized.

Nice thing is I eat bacon,.......bacon with a side of fat.

I've lost 5-10 pounds and two notches on my gun belt. PT has improved and energy through the day is constant rather than peaks and valleys of the standard carb diet - no shakes before lunch.

Curious what my blood numbers will be like next exam as my numbers have all been really good.

No extreme diet is good, unsure if this is extreme though.

I don't typically believe in diets thinking that good body comp is a matter of discipline and calorie intake vs expenditure but my daughter is Type 1 diabetic and by managing her diabetes I noticed something about carbs, blood sugar levels and ketosis.

When sick, without carb intake, her blood sugar levels will remain constant and usually at a great level. The downside is her ketones build up and she burns muscle (she has no fat being a healthy kid). She can quickly get in trouble with ketosis.

Fat insulin producing me though can actually benefit.

What did your program say about this?

And thank you for serving as well as offering your education to share.

Semper Fi.