• Watch Out for Scammers!

We've now added a color code for all accounts. Orange accounts are new members, Blue are full members, and Green are Supporters. If you get a message about a sale from an orange account, make sure you pay attention before sending any money!

USMC Snipers and Hunters ID'd Kabul Suicide Bomber and BN CDR Took a Pass

Rules to live by:
If you can't stand the answer, don't ask the question.
Better to ask forgiveness than get permission.
Admit nothing, deny everything, make counter-accusations.
bart didn't do it.jpg

While that sucks to lose an arm and I sympathize there.... You source doesn't seem all that credible.
Sorry I am missing it.. Are you saying this guys word is no good (Marine)? What he says happened differed? Or the Link he left to the story isnt credible? I am confused a little.

"Pointedly, we asked him for engagement authority and permission — we asked him if we could shoot," Vargas-Andrews told lawmakers. "Our battalion commander said, and I quote, 'I don't know.'""

We can be upset, but thirteen families should be livid. Now go back to the arrangements Pedopeter made with the terrorist Taliban after he trashed Trump's plans just because they were Trump's. Pedopeter is directly responsible for those deaths, injuries, and lets not forget about those still behind enemy lines (although PedoPeter doesn't cnsider them the enemy).

Last edited:
Look at CPT Staffel and MSG Anderson who were charged with murder after shooting a "kill or capture" target!

• Wow
Reactions: NoDopes
Reactions: stefan73
People with a lack of understanding of the ROE, cowardly leadership with NO balls and a gross failure to understand mission command and disciplined disobedience in support of the intent of the mission while executing within moral and legal bounds.

That withdrawal was more screwed up than we know!

Sadly, they don't. Just following orders ma'am. In the not to far off future we will see just how right I am.

Reactions: stefan73
Sadly, they don't. Just following orders ma'am. In the not to far off future we will see just how right I am.
There are still Soldiers, leaders with the intestinal fortitude. I just wonder with all the "feel good" constraints the military is faced with, how are we breeding warfighters for a hostile non-safe space environment? How are we developing that mental resilience and have we ever, is it nature or nurture?

I would like to say we were mentally tougher but with the number of friends, Soldiers I have lost that suck started a firearm or killed themselves via other means it is hard to say, but I digress

• Sad
Reactions: Cardboard55
Of course we also have to remember COL Steele and how his comments were taken out of context in a murder trial to shift the blame from the guilty who violated the law of land warfare (knowingly because we all learned it) to try and blame him. It was absolutely sorry and Gen Oates was one of the few it seems who had the balls to back him up.

A biased read against Steele but Gen Oates who is a phenomenal CDR that I would gladly follow into battle any day says it pretty well. Of course the CGSC head in the clouds has to pile on with their slick sleeve theoretical BS without understanding or appreciation for the context to include the environment. Just my .02

Maybe that was the deal they imposed on Biden that he had to give up some troops to be blown up if they weren't allowed to kill the bomber.

Was (then) MG Donohue setting the ROE at the airport or higher up?

According to this, airport security was supposed to be his responsibility:

Milley and Austin must have thought he did a good job, he picked up his 3rd star afterwards.

Was (then) MG Donohue setting the ROE at the airport or higher up?

According to this, airport security was supposed to be his responsibility:

Milley and Austin must have thought he did a good job, he picked up his 3rd star afterwards.
State Department was the proponent for this. Military was just the tool! Blinken aka DOS is an example of DOS endemic failures/incompetency!