• Watch Out for Scammers!

We've now added a color code for all accounts. Orange accounts are new members, Blue are full members, and Green are Supporters. If you get a message about a sale from an orange account, make sure you pay attention before sending any money!

USMC XM-3 clone

Since the FA762SS is an OTB suppressor, the alignment tab is down inside the mount cavity.

Here's another photo - of a shiny unused one .....:
IMG_9383.JPG

Reactions: shlouf
Does the pin engage anything when the suppressor is tightened down or is it loosely fitted solely for alignment?

I’m dying to know how you know this ….. is this Bill C.?
Ha sorry for the delay. Ironically been on a hiatus fishing like Bill does over the summer but no...I am not Bill.

Info came from some very knowledgeable people in the circles that count.

Salvaged this from M40rifle, @USMCSGT0331 gets credit as I’m 99% it was his original post just reposted. I added a few minor details pulled straight from the DARPA XM-3 report.

Action:
- Remington 700 short action
- Serial number prefix "S" period correct range S652xxxx-S655xxxx (courtesy of @shlouf )
- Clip slotted
- Iron Brigade Armory black Man-O-War finish
- Iron Brigade Armory Combat Bolt Handle, black anodized aluminum

Barrel:
- Hart 18.5"
- 1:10" right hand twist
- 6 grooves
- 416R stainless steel
- Titanium recoil lug, 1.070" barrel thread, .313" thickness

Flash hider:
- Surefire CA762SSAL/RE

Stock:
- McMillan A1-3
- Molded-in Olive color
- Sniper Fill
- Remington 700 short action right hand inlet
- Badger M4 bottom metal inlet
- Barrel channel was custom, McMillan will do Hart XM3 profile channel
- 13" length of pull
- Adjustable spacer system (LOP) with 1/2" Decelerator pad
- Wichita sling swivels
- Eagle Industries Shooter's Rifle Stock Pack, olive drab, P/N 350001
- 1 front [email protected]", Wichita swivels front@ 4" and rear

Bottom metal:
- Badger Ordnance M4 Remington short action, steel
- T-30 Torx trigger guard bolts
- 68 inch lbs torque
- P/N 306-02

Bipod:
- Harris S-BRM 6"-9" (notched legs), P/N SBRM
- KMW Pod-Loc, P/N 875
- Uncle Mike's Mil-Spec swivel, P/N 14023

Embedded Front Rail (EFR):
- Colorado Micro Precision made, Iron Brigade Armory branded UNS mount
- "Heavy" size
- Black anodized 6061 aluminum
- T-15 Torx screws
- P/N BCM22H

Trigger:
- Remington 700 modified by Iron Brigade Armory
- Set to 3.75 lbs, +/- .25 lbs
- 3.25 lbs minimum pull weight, 4 lbs maximum pull weight

Scope base:
- Iron Brigade Armory titanium picatinny rail (steel on prototype rifles)
- 20 MOA
- Lugged
- T-15 Torx screws

Scope rings:
- NightForce X-Treme Duty Ultralite 30mm, .885" low, 4 screw, P/N A118 (issued rifles)
- NightForce X-Treme Duty steel 30mm, .885" low, 4 screw, P/N A117 (prototype rifles)
- T-15 Torx screws
- 15 inch lbs rings to rings torque
- 68 inch lbs rings to base torque

Scope:
- NightForce Milspec NXS 3.5-15x50, illuminated Mil-Dot reticle, .25 MOA CCW elevation adjustment, .25 MOA CCW windage adjustment, zero stop (issued rifles)
- NightForce Milspec NXS 3.5-15x50, illuminated Mil-Dot reticle, 1 MOA CCW elevation adjustment, .25 MOA CCW windage adjustment, zero stop (prototype rifles)
- Butler Creek Flip-Open scope caps, #18 ocular lens and #43 objective lens,

Sling:
- Turner Saddlery AWS olive drab (52")

Suppressor:
- Surefire FA762SS

Night vision:
- FLIR AN/PVS-22 UNS

Case: pelican iM3200 storm
-Craftsman 65284 12" utility case
-38" dewey rod
-Dewey bore guide
-Seekonk 68inlb torque wrench
-9" 5/32" Allen T-tool
-SK tools T handle T-30
-Klienendorst bolt disassembly tool
-Kobalt 1/2" adapter
-3 bore brushes

Last edited:
Yep. Wasn’t cheap but I can’t swing $5k+ for the real deal

Anyone ordered one of the IBA XM3 scope bases from PTG?
I’m trying to hold out for LRIs offering, but after picking up a PVS-22 this week, I’m ready to get these parts sent off.

PTG did say for an extra $20 they would engrave the S/N of the receiver on the left side like the real XM-3s have.

I’m trying to hold out for LRIs offering, but after picking up a PVS-22 this week, I’m ready to get these parts sent off.

PTG did say for an extra $20 they would engrave the S/N of the receiver on the left side like the real XM-3s have.
Not yet but i've been keeping up with them doing all these clone parts - the dudes are super committed to getting things correct and supporting the clone community.

Can't wait for some of the other projects they have coming out

Thinking of selling a couple guns to fund an XM3 build. I've been going back and forth on a M40a1 build. I think the XM3 might be a little more exciting. Wanted to start the long haul for finding a good builder/parts. I think suppressor/flash hider will be the bitch of the build. But wanted to see about a builder. I know with m40's there are preferred guys and they seem to be disappearing... Is there a specific smith recomendation for the XM3 build?
Bill at Outback Custom Guns in Hubert, NC.
[email protected]
He has been talking about retiring.

Just a heads up. PTG will engrave the SN of your receiver on their IBA xm3 scope base for an extra $20

Real xm3 are not engraved with markings on the scope base on either side. None of the 25 issued rifles on CMP that sold are engraved.

Yeah I noticed that after taking a closer look at all the photos of the cmp guns. I had assumed the issued guns were from looking at the photos in this thread https://www.snipershide.com/shooting/threads/xm-3-on-cmp-what’s-the-story-behind-these.7114226/

I guess just the shop and civilian versions were marked that way. I like the idea of more serialized parts though so I had it done for mine.

Just a heads up. PTG will engrave the SN of your receiver on their IBA xm3 scope base for an extra $20
Unfortunately, PTG is another one of those dealers who have absolutely no idea how the original rifles were made and marked. Just because they offer a something as a service, it doesn't mean that was an actual characteristic on a real military rifle.
Yeah I noticed that after taking a closer look at all the photos of the cmp guns. I had assumed the issued guns were from looking at the photos in this thread https://www.snipershide.com/shooting/threads/xm-3-on-cmp-what’s-the-story-behind-these.7114226/

I guess just the shop and civilian versions were marked that way. I like the idea of more serialized parts though so I had it done for mine.
There's nothing wrong with you building your rifle the way you want, just as long as people are aware that's not a characteristic on the issued USMC rifles. I went back and looked at my posts in that thread, and realized that I didn't specifically say that the markings on the test rifle's scope base are unique to that test rifle. I just updated that post so people are aware that the markings on the scope base were not on the issued USMC XM3's.