• Watch Out for Scammers!

We've now added a color code for all accounts. Orange accounts are new members, Blue are full members, and Green are Supporters. If you get a message about a sale from an orange account, make sure you pay attention before sending any money!

USMC XM-3 Rifle

SH members should come together, pitch in a little dough and buy Rstrick's buddy his duty rifle as a token of gratitude for his service. He's the one that put her through the gauntlet and the one who she should grow old with.

This has been discussed on the CMP Forum and guys started giving serial numbers of the fighter jets they had flown, tanks they had commanded, 5 inch guns they had captained and wondered "What about me?"

This price has been stuck at $15,500 for a bit. Ill be surprised if this doesnt go for something in the $30K range. The serious collector money is waiting till the last hour or so of the auction. They wont waste their time at this stage.

Kind of odd that one of the real reasons a collector might want this is so they can pull it out of the box and tell their buddies "Yep, this gun has bodies on it".

Wouldnt they get a bigger hard on giving a combat vet that money and he could come and talk about his experiences. If that happened I think instead of getting the erection ownership of this rifle will provide they will end up vomiting and wetting their pants.

Thinking about it this is a great retirement for this rifle.

Hopefully it will sell for beaucoup bucks. The CMP uses that money to promote the shooting sports. Hopefully the sale of this rifle will help to preserve our sport.

Im envisioning some junior program in need of cash getting funded through the CMP by sales such as this. Some kid learns to love marksmanship. That kid grows up to be POTUS. When faced with a bill to sign gutting the 2nd A he/she laughs and punishes the bill with their veto stamp.

Not too far fetched. A great way to repurpose a rifle and let it continue the fight for liberty.

wow some people have the nerve on here to say things don't they? everybody knows everything about anything!! let me tell you guys a bit of information. The marine this rifle used to belong to has fought with it in combat and also is yes still around and is really a very very very known sniper in his duty station. it's so rude to talk about a rifle and go so low to say that the sniper using it must not have been a good one if using this particular rifle. shame on you.. I know all things to know about the marine who had that rifle because I grew up with him my whole life and am proud to call him my little brother. yes that's right he is my brother so I would greatly appreciate it if you keep the rude comments to yourself!! thanks and have a great night!!

Thinking about it this is a great retirement for this rifle.

Hopefully it will sell for beaucoup bucks. The CMP uses that money to promote the shooting sports. Hopefully the sale of this rifle will help to preserve our sport.

Im envisioning some junior program in need of cash getting funded through the CMP by sales such as this. Some kid learns to love marksmanship. That kid grows up to be POTUS. When faced with a bill to sign gutting the 2nd A he/she laughs and punishes the bill with their veto stamp.

Not too far fetched. A great way to repurpose a rifle and let it continue the fight for liberty.

thats just a touch too romantic dude....lol

I'll be sure to let him know what you think. You probably shouldn't run your mouth about something like that because my gut tells me that you've never been in a position in your life to be issued something like that much less had a shot fired in anger at you.
He's got "308" in his user name, that makes him totally legit.

My gut tells me, that the guy this rifle belonged to, isnt the "babe ruth" of sniping. And probably never will be. If I had $15k to waste, id buy it and use it. It certainly wouldnt be put away. Just another rifle used by another shooter.

ANY one who makes it through Scout Sniper, Army Sniper School or SOTIC, is a bad ass mother fucker....PERIOD. They are among the toughest schools mentally in the military. Its VERY hard to even get a shot at the school, much less pass it and be able to deploy as part of a sniper platoon/section.

wow some people have the nerve on here to say things don't they? everybody knows everything about anything!! let me tell you guys a bit of information. The marine this rifle used to belong to has fought with it in combat and also is yes still around and is really a very very very known sniper in his duty station. it's so rude to talk about a rifle and go so low to say that the sniper using it must not have been a good one if using this particular rifle. shame on you.. I know all things to know about the marine who had that rifle because I grew up with him my whole life and am proud to call him my little brother. yes that's right he is my brother so I would greatly appreciate it if you keep the rude comments to yourself!! thanks and have a great night!!

Well thank your brother for his service for me, and on behalf of myself and the rest of the "Hide" please accept our apology for the fucktard troll and his statement.

ANY one who makes it through Scout Sniper, Army Sniper School or SOTIC, is a bad ass mother fucker....PERIOD. They are among the toughest schools mentally in the military. Its VERY hard to even get a shot at the school, much less pass it and be able to deploy as part of a sniper platoon/section.

Organized hazing :D

It sold for a lot less than I thought it would. The M40 barreled action for sale at the same time brought $8500.

Wow! Would have thought the deep pockets "this gun has kills" gouls would have went deep. I was way off.

My apologies to humanity, apparently I misjudged.

It most likely had a Schmidt on it while in service. The only guns we had the NF's on back when that thing was in service were gas guns, that I know of.

Here's at least a few in service that did have NF glass on them:

5-620x465_zps5950dfe9.jpg

7-620x413.jpg

m40andxm3.jpg

You tell your brother, this retired Navy Chief thanks him for his service.