• Watch Out for Scammers!

We've now added a color code for all accounts. Orange accounts are new members, Blue are full members, and Green are Supporters. If you get a message about a sale from an orange account, make sure you pay attention before sending any money!

Rifle Scopes USO announces the SK-30

I'd think you'd dial 3.0 mils the first time, go -0.1 to get to 2.9, then go positive 0.1 to be at 3.1. But yes, at some point there would be a threshold where you'd have to dial the fine turret back, go up a mill, then come back down or whatever.

unless a click of the 1 mil turret always resets the 1/20th turret.
if it works like i think it might, its a useful idea for some applications.
or just buy a night force and be done with it.

Its something for the noobs that scream 'but MOA adjustments are finer'.

You'll never change my mind that the people who scream that couldn't shoot well enough to know the difference anyway. lol

I have to say, this was one of the more disappointing optics I looked at this year. Most notably, the Mil GAP reticle was off-center. On 30x the edge of the glass was at the 2.5 mil mark on the left, but 2.8 mil on the right. It was very noticeable.

Which also begged the question as to why there was only 2.5 mils showing? I'm probably missing something, but the 7-35 ATACR was showing 6.5 mils per side on 30x, the XTR3 was showing 6.8. So I'm not sure what was going on there.

I also didnt care for moving the parallax to the windage turret, but someone might like it.

I liked how compact it was, the size surprised me. And hopefully those issues will be ironed out in the production run.

I'm certainly not going to be an earlier adopter, been there done that. But it's good to see them attempting to modernize their scopes. They were getting in the Leupold/S&B territory with their reticle stubbornness. I can't say on glass. I love my SN-3 in that regards. 10 years old and it's still extremely nice. Though admittedly i wish it was shorter and had a better reticle... which has led me to question selling it.

Reactions: TheMammoth
I have to say, this was one of the more disappointing optics I looked at this year. Most notably, the Mil GAP reticle was off-center. On 30x the edge of the glass was at the 2.5 mil mark on the left, but 2.8 mil on the right. It was very noticeable.

Which also begged the question as to why there was only 2.5 mils showing? I'm probably missing something, but the 7-35 ATACR was showing 6.5 mils per side on 30x, the XTR3 was showing 6.8. So I'm not sure what was going on there.

I also didnt care for moving the parallax to the windage turret, but someone might like it.

I liked how compact it was, the size surprised me. And hopefully those issues will be ironed out in the production run.

I think parallax on windage is nice as long as they offer it in lsw and rsw. Having both left side for right handera is nice (and vice versa).

I’m assuming if you want the windage and parallax to be swappable, you’d need to engineer it that way.

But yea, overall, from what I’m reading, I’m not getting that excited about it.

They pioneer the E-rek low profile knob of coolness only to bring out something that looks like a mega tall SWFA knob stacked on top of each other?

Oh.... I get it.... USO is punking is! Nice Troll move USO!

Bwahahahahaha!!!!

They pioneer the E-rek low profile knob of coolness only to bring out something that looks like a mega tall SWFA knob stacked on top of each other?

Oh.... I get it.... USO is punking is! Nice Troll move USO!

Bwahahahahaha!!!!

lmao!

They stole design from the Atlas tension nob... Good thing Victor company came out with their adjustment wrench..

Talking of Victor Company, does anyone know when they are actually going to have these Atlas Tension Wrenches for sale? It seems they sold out right at the end of Shot Show and have been "unavailable" ever since.

Tried that already but got no response, figure they might be busy sorting things after SHOT Show.

Resurrecting a nearly 2 year old thread for updates.