• Watch Out for Scammers!

We've now added a color code for all accounts. Orange accounts are new members, Blue are full members, and Green are Supporters. If you get a message about a sale from an orange account, make sure you pay attention before sending any money!

Rifle Scopes USO, did I get a good deal, and likes or dislikes?

sch2046

Sergeant
Minuteman
Jan 19, 2011
Sunbury, OH
I just purchased a almost new (used once)USO st 17 fixed power scope. Has the ergo parallax upgrade control, 58 mm low profile objective, the tube is 30mm, low profile eye piece, reticle is mil dot in MOA, elevation is EREK in MOA 1/4 and wind is US#1 in 1/4 MOA with sun shade. not a mark on it. I paid $1100. I am having a hard time getting a clear price for a new one. Any USO users can shed some light on this scope? likes or dislikes? It will be sitting on my new build, trued rem 700 action, bartlein m40 barrel in 308.
Thanks for your help.

Re: USO, did I get a good deal, and likes or dislikes?

This is one of those questions you ask before you buy, as the answers could help keep you from paying too much. Anyways the scope is worth about $1350 I think or somewhere in that area. You can go to USO's website and build the scope on the page, and just add all of the options your scope has and you should be able to get a accurate price.

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: YN*Dotte</div><div class="ubbcode-body">This is one of those questions you ask before you buy, as the answers could help keep you from paying too much. Anyways the scope is worth about $1350 I think or somewhere in that area. You can go to USO's website and build the scope on the page, and just add all of the options your scope has and you should be able to get a accurate price. </div></div>
I know it is the question I "should" have asked before buying it, but I have a problem with impulse buying and being an idiot at times. I saw this it was so nice and a USO. I then realized I know nothing about USO scopes and hoped I got a decent deal. I will try their web site.

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: YN*Dotte</div><div class="ubbcode-body">This is one of those questions you ask before you buy, as the answers could help keep you from paying too much. Anyways the scope is worth about $1350 I think or somewhere in that area. You can go to USO's website and build the scope on the page, and just add all of the options your scope has and you should be able to get a accurate price. </div></div>
thanks for the heads up on their web site, I am more than happy with the purchase. I used to Leupolds, now I have to figure this one out.

you did alright....I have one close to yours.....you will never look at a leupold the same. USO is sooooo much more built like tank and I think you could drive nails with it

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: alongshot50</div><div class="ubbcode-body">you did alright....I have one close to yours.....you will never look at a leupold the same. USO is sooooo much more built like tank and I think you could drive nails with it </div></div>
thanks, I was hoping someone had one like this one and could give me some feed back. Do I need a special base and rings or can I still use my badger 20 moa base and night force 30mm rings? I may need new rings, my Leupold was a 40 mm objective. The guy I got it from had USO rings and they were not cheap. Just curious. Thanks again for the insite.

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: sch2046</div><div class="ubbcode-body"> reticle is mil dot in MOA, </div></div>

Sounds like a custom reticle.

USO's site will let you configure the scope to pretty well match what you got, and you got a great deal at that price.

You did well. I got a used USO ST17 in Mil/Mil for $1,300 a couple of years ago and I have never felt that I over paid for it.

do you guys know how many internal moa this particular scope has? I cant find it, and is it a single or multiple turn elevation knob? It has the EREK if that matters.

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: sch2046</div><div class="ubbcode-body">do you guys know how many internal moa this particular scope has? I cant find it, and is it a single or multiple turn elevation knob? It has the EREK if that matters. </div></div>

I think it should have 120 MOA of internal elevation.