• Watch Out for Scammers!

We've now added a color code for all accounts. Orange accounts are new members, Blue are full members, and Green are Supporters. If you get a message about a sale from an orange account, make sure you pay attention before sending any money!

• The site has been updated!

If you notice any issues, please let us know below!

VIEW THREAD

Rifle Scopes USO Discount

wildcard

Private
Minuteman
Sep 10, 2007
Arcadia, CA
I recall reading that USO has a discount on their scopes every year around the time of the Shot Show as a commemoration. Am I recalling correctly?

Re: USO Discount

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: Mute</div><div class="ubbcode-body">They'll also give a discount to those purchasing in cash. </div></div>

Is this at the SHOT show only, with actual cold hard cash? I've bought two SN-3s this year with "cash" (checks) and received no discount.

I am assunming you will never get a discount if you do not ask for it.

I am actually in the market for three pieces of glass. I was going to buy two of them a few weeks ago, but I did not.

I am going to wait until after the first of the year. IMO there is going to be a lot of discounts after the first of the year. I have already seen 8% discounts on NF. So it is just a matter of time. Things are tough out there right now, and cash will be KING after the first of the year. Tom.

Last advertised discount was the Xmas, end of the year, customer thank you discount. I believe it was 10%.

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: wildcard</div><div class="ubbcode-body">I recall reading that USO has a discount on their scopes every year around the time of the Shot Show as a commemoration. Am I recalling correctly? </div></div>

The discounts at SHOT are so they don't have to be shipped back home. Not that anyone would break the rules and actually "sell" anything at SHOT
wink.gif

Cheers,

Doc

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: Falar</div><div class="ubbcode-body"><div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: Mute</div><div class="ubbcode-body">They'll also give a discount to those purchasing in cash. </div></div>

Is this at the SHOT show only, with actual cold hard cash? I've bought two SN-3s this year with "cash" (checks) and received no discount.</div></div>

Prices on the website reflect a 3% (or whatever) cash discount. This is the legal way of saying they charge 3% to use a credit card because most merchant account agreements preclude charging customer's more for using a CC. Offering some people a discount and others not is not the same as charging a fee, at least that is the commonly established precedent.

Just to be clear, I'm not calling USO out for this or complaining in any way. This is pretty standard practice and I have no problem at all that USO does not make an extra 3% of off customers who don't use CCs (which is what it costs +/- USO to process the transaction.)

Or maybe they do it for an entirely different reason and I have no idea what I'm talking about. This is pure supposition.

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: Wabird</div><div class="ubbcode-body">Unrelated to USO discounts, but relevant to HOGHEAD's post, saw that the Optics Zone has a Veteran's Day discount if anyone's interested....
http://www.theopticzone.com/

</div></div>

I will honor this as well. Anyone who calls the office in the next hour will recieve a 15% Veteran's Day discount! This until 4pm Pacific time.
John III

Yeah no kidding. I never seem to have good timing on here when deals pop up.

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: JBW#3</div><div class="ubbcode-body"><div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: Wabird</div><div class="ubbcode-body">Unrelated to USO discounts, but relevant to HOGHEAD's post, saw that the Optics Zone has a Veteran's Day discount if anyone's interested....
http://www.theopticzone.com/

</div></div>

I will honor this as well. Anyone who calls the office in the next hour will recieve a 15% Veteran's Day discount! This until 4pm Pacific time.
John III </div></div>

No way! I would have called to order on the spot..

Dang.. just what I was looking for..

WORST part about this was that I actually logged on to the website looking for a Veteran's day discount!

Thanks JBW#3 for the discount offer. I did not see it until just now but I appreciate it none the less. USO is tops in my book.
David Crump

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: crumpmd</div><div class="ubbcode-body">Thanks JBW#3 for the discount offer. I did not see it until just now but I appreciate it none the less. USO is tops in my book.
David Crump </div></div>

+1