• Watch Out for Scammers!

We've now added a color code for all accounts. Orange accounts are new members, Blue are full members, and Green are Supporters. If you get a message about a sale from an orange account, make sure you pay attention before sending any money!

Rifle Scopes USO LR17 3.2-17 vs. Leupold Mark 6 3-18

topslop1

Private
Banned !
Minuteman
Dec 18, 2010
Not necessarily a strict versus as in which is better but more so something like the pros and cons of each scope when compared with one another.

Which would you pick and why?

I would take the US Optics over the Leupold. I have had better luck with them. The last two Leupolds I had the reticles came loose. They fixed them at no charge.

Mk6 is so much lighter than any US optics I've owned.

Do you think that you sacrifice some durability or quality in the process of getting to that lighter weight?

I've saw some commercial or ad or something where a guy was hammering a nail with his NF. I own an F1 H58 and Lupy Mk8, and MK6's. I don't plan on hammering any nails with any of my Optics! I really like Lupys as I have the MK8 3.5-25 and a CQBSS along with the MK6. I think it all depends on what your "mission" is. I have a Cqbss on my KAC ECC and an MK6 3-18 on my KAC EC. The F1 is on a 308 bolt gun. The MK8 3.5-25 is on my 300WM.

I wouldn't say Lupy's "Reputation" is any better than Nightforce. I think they are both really quaily items that each have their place.

I would say, having owned both, durability and repeatability will definitely be better on the uso. Glass will be a toss up. The mk 6 has elevation turrets that take some getting used to. The uso will have a great amount of options available so you can get exactly what you want. The ereck knob is really good (in my opinion). With the leupy you get what they give you for the most part. For an extra grand you can get illumination. Don't get me wrong, I like my mark 6, but I got it largely for it's wt. and size since it is on a hunting rifle.

No sold them all because they were too heavy. And Lupy LE prices are the bomb. That's one reason I went almost all Lupy.

Each has Pro's and Con's and each company in my experience has good CS and makes a quality scope. Features and your application will decide for you. I like USO and use several. Mark 6 is lighter but the USO is a tank. USO has better reticle options. both can have capped windage. EREK knob versus the mark6 turret options. Leupold has move mounting options due to the large erector box on the USO. USO eye box is friendlier and has better glass in my opinion. both are USA made ...

If I was trying to save weight on a carbine or short handy style rifle I would go Mark 6. If it was a full blown precision tac rig, I would go USO.

Last edited: