• Watch Out for Scammers!

We've now added a color code for all accounts. Orange accounts are new members, Blue are full members, and Green are Supporters. If you get a message about a sale from an orange account, make sure you pay attention before sending any money!

Rifle Scopes USO MR 10 initial set-up problem/issue?

cborne01

Private
Minuteman
Sep 22, 2013
Thibodaux, LA
:confused:Maybe a dumb question , but just got my first USO scope, its on a JP AR15, and wanted to set it up per the USO instructions on their website.

First, I centered the erector as per the video with no problem. (Was using a Leupold boresighter)

Second , mounted the scope on a JP mount (unsure of MOA as they do not post it in the specs), they call it "intermediate height", no sure it matters , but think USO is set up for a 20 MOA according to their website

So third step is to loosen the hex screw and turn the EREK knob all the way down , then back it up 6-8 clicks, and then tighten the hex screw to the level of zero on the bore sighter--
PROBLEM here- I am already above zero on the bore sighter, so when I tighten the hex screw back as instructed, only goes up, so way to bring it down to zero on the bore sighter!

So a friend of mind, with a lot more of shooting experience than me, says, lets just do it the old fashion way and count clicks up and down and center the reticle-- great-- got it to zero, and have over 110clicks of elevation if needed, then I see on the USO website (after, of course), that you should NOT "count clicks" to adjust the scope. (not sure why, but that's what they say).

So , what to do next, leave as is and zero the gun, start over, or contact USO to get their recs .

Just want to set it up right , so any input appreciated.