• Watch Out for Scammers!

We've now added a color code for all accounts. Orange accounts are new members, Blue are full members, and Green are Supporters. If you get a message about a sale from an orange account, make sure you pay attention before sending any money!

• Site updates coming next Wednesday at 8am CT!

The site will be down for routine maintenance on Wednesday 6/5 starting at 8am CT. If you have any questions, please PM alexj-12!

Rifle Scopes USO Premier 56mm Sunshades and ARDs'

Aries64

Deep Behind Enemy Lines in IsWokestan!
Supporter
Minuteman
Mar 12, 2007
Los Angeles, California
Fellow Hiders' -

The wait is over - if you want a Sunshade or ARD for the Premier Heritage 5-25X (56mm) you are in luck, as USO has completed R & D on these and they are ready for a production run.

I had spoken to John Williams, III at USO several months ago and volunteered my scope as a Sunshade/ARD testbed, and John said that he would let me know when they might be able to measure the threads for the housing (<span style="font-weight: bold">for those not aware, the 56mm S & B and 56mm Premier scopes have different threads at the front of the objective bell, thus a 56mm S & B ARD will not fit a PH 5-25X, and vice-versa</span>).

USO's direct price will be $90.00 + shipping (and tax if you live in the great State of California). If you can wait a bit and/or would rather save about $15.00 I would order from <span style="font-weight: bold"><span style="font-style: italic">dfar</span></span> in his <span style="font-weight: bold"><span style="font-style: italic">USO S&B ARD SUN SHADE'S place your order today</span></span> thread. Just be sure Darren knows that you need the <span style="font-weight: bold">Premier 56mm ARD</span>, as it is different from the 56mm S & B ARD (as I have stated above and before).

Anyway, drove down to USO this morning and I picked the ARD for my PH 5-25X. It is a perfect fit, and matches my Heritage 5-25X perfectly. Below are some hasty photos I shot today:

USOPH56mmARD28x6.jpg

USOPH56mmARD38x6.jpg

PH5-25XwUSOARDL8x6.jpg

PH5-25XwUSOARDR8x6.jpg

Although they look the same the two ARDs' are not interchangable, as the threads are different between the two units.

<span style="font-weight: bold">USO-manufactured ARDs'. Both photos below show the 56mm S & B on the left, and the 56mm PH on the right:</span>
USO56mmARDs18x6.jpg

USO56mmARDs28x6.jpg

And, since some people are confused about USO ARDs':

The Sunshade consists of the Housing only. It is constructed of aluminum and is Type III Hard Anodized for durability. The Sunshade threads directly into the threads of the respective scope's objective bell.

The ARD consists of the Sunshade Housing, a Lockring, and a very efficient honeycomb that is glued into the Housing. The Lockring acts as a depth limiter/stop for the honeycomb. As with the Sunshade, the ARD threads directly into the threads of the respective scope's objective bell.

Keith

Re: USO Premier 56mm Sunshades and ARDs'

any word on price for the Premier ARD?

Any idea on when they will be ready to accept orders?
Rad

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: glunker5</div><div class="ubbcode-body">any word on price for the Premier ARD? </div></div>
USO's direct price will be $90.00 + shipping, but <span style="font-weight: bold">dfar</span>/Darren at <span style="font-weight: bold"><span style="font-style: italic">Connecticut Firearms & Tactical</span></span> is taking orders now for <span style="font-style: italic"><span style="font-weight: bold">$80.00 shipped</span></span> in his <span style="font-weight: bold"><span style="font-style: italic">USO S&B ARD SUN SHADE'S place your order today</span></span> thread. That means you can save about $15.00 if you aren't in a hurry (thats a lot when you're talking about a product that lists at $90.00).

Just be sure Darren knows that you need the <span style="font-weight: bold">Premier 56mm ARD</span>, as it is different from the S & B 56mm ARD (as I have stated before), or you'll be unhappy upon receipt.

I'll edit my original post to reflect the price. I knew I was forgetting something.

Keith

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: radmcg</div><div class="ubbcode-body">Any idea on when they will be ready to accept orders?
Rad </div></div>
USO can fill a few (as in very few) 56mm ARD orders NOW, but they have a very limited number of the Lockring used in the ARD. When I was down at USO this morning they had five (5) Lockrings in stock.

Therefore, if you need/want your Premier 56mm ARD right away I advise you to call USO and order direct from them right away.

If you can wait a bit and/or would rather save about $15.00 I would order from <span style="font-weight: bold"><span style="font-style: italic">dfar</span></span> in his <span style="font-weight: bold"><span style="font-style: italic">USO S&B ARD SUN SHADE'S place your order today</span></span> thread. Just be sure Darren knows that you need the <span style="font-weight: bold">Premier 56mm ARD</span>, as it is different from the S & B 56mm ARD (as I have stated above and in previous threads).

Keith