• Watch Out for Scammers!

We've now added a color code for all accounts. Orange accounts are new members, Blue are full members, and Green are Supporters. If you get a message about a sale from an orange account, make sure you pay attention before sending any money!

• The site has been updated!

If you notice any issues, please let us know below!

VIEW THREAD

Rifle Scopes USO Reticles Mil-Gap or GEN 2 MilDot

map_it

Sergeant
Minuteman
Jan 4, 2010
Getting close to finializing the options on a SN-3 3.2-17 and wanted to ask your opinion...

Rifle is going to be used for long range hunting 200-450 yards and on a 200 yard static range the majority of the time. Occasionaly it might get used for a local comp. but not a lot of that where I live.

So will the .15 MOA main lines be too thick at 15-17 power on the Gen2 MilDot to get little groups at 200 yards and engage steel a 800 to 1,000 yards on occasion?

Or should I go with the Mil GAP Reticle with the .10 MOA main reticle lines for more precise groups at extended range.

Just worried about the GAP reticle in hunting and low light situations....

Not a big fan of illumination as I have never had much luck with it....

Thanks for your input..

Re: USO Reticles Mil-Gap or GEN 2 MilDot

US Optics Scopes are imo, some of the finest scopes made.
The illumination issue is not one.
go with the reticle that YOU like best, no one will have more trigger time with that weapon than you. she will become cherished. treat her as such.

Re: USO Reticles Mil-Gap or GEN 2 MilDot

I have several USO's. All have GAP Mil. but one, it has Canadian mil. I prefer the GAP