• Watch Out for Scammers!

We've now added a color code for all accounts. Orange accounts are new members, Blue are full members, and Green are Supporters. If you get a message about a sale from an orange account, make sure you pay attention before sending any money!

• Site updates coming next Wednesday at 8am CT!

The site will be down for routine maintenance on Wednesday 6/5 starting at 8am CT. If you have any questions, please PM alexj-12!

Rifle Scopes USO Scope finally on its way

AR10LongRangeShooter

Private
Minuteman
Becky called to tell me that my SN-3 T-Pal is being made and that I should have it in about a week. It's the last piece of my SASS build and I can finally get some range time in. WooHoo! 33 long weeks wait for this piece of glass, I'll post pics once mounted and able to get my first shots in. Still have barrel break in to accomplish, but it's all down hill now, or up hill for me. I finally have a weapons system that will be complete, now all I need is the ability to shoot the damn thing.

Re: USO Scope finally on its way

Excellent. Lookin forward to you getting it mounted!

Good shootin'.

Josh

Cloud 9, affirmative. But making that last part of the payment was tough telling the Mrs., uh honey? You know that scope I ordered last year and spent $1500 for? Well I need to pay the other half. She gave that look that only a wife can give when you know it's going to cost you for a long time. But when I make that first 500 yd. shot, I'll know it was worth it.

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: Shoot 2far4u2c</div><div class="ubbcode-body">Cloud 9, affirmative. But making that last part of the payment was tough telling the Mrs., uh honey? You know that scope I ordered last year and spent $1500 for? Well I need to pay the other half. She gave that look that only a wife can give when you know it's going to cost you for a long time. But when I make that first 500 yd. shot, I'll know it was worth it. </div></div>

Yup. They rule.

Money well spent - Enjoy it - Damn fine optics

Enjoy. I was lucky enough to find the exact options I wanted in my USO for sale on the Hide twice. Of course I had to check the for sale section several times a day because they disappear fast.

Trick of the trade:
Set aside cash each week in the safe. When the bill comes due, you already have the cash little at a time and wife continues to be happy.
Um, of course, I've never done anything like that.
Chad

Boy did you guys get screwed! Didnt you know USO sucks? You should have went with Counter Sniper instead!

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: Shoot 2far4u2c</div><div class="ubbcode-body">Sorry you feel that way. I bet the folks at Counter Sniper are most happy having you as a fan. And yet you have USO in your signature banner. </div></div>

sarcasm • \SAHR-kaz-um\ • noun<span style="font-style: italic"><span style="font-weight: bold">

Sarcasm</span> </span> is stating the opposite of an intended meaning especially in order to sneeringly, slyly, jest or mock a person, situation or thing. It is strongly associated with irony, with some definitions classifying it as a type of verbal irony intended to insult or wound.

Finally arrived and at my gunsmith AdcoFirearms.com being mounted. This weekend will be her inaugural firing. oorah!
I will post Pics when she returns and I've put a hundred rounds thru her. Yes, it's a she. The "Tigress", has personal meaning to me. She will be almost an exact duplicate of my ole M110.

I feel you, I ordered mine a while ago and don't know what to do till I get it. It's everything I wanted and more.

33 weeks holy cr@p! USO just cashed my down payment and my SN-3 is supposed to be a 16 week build. Now I'm wondering if 16 weeks is accurate... fingers crossed.

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: Shoot 2far4u2c</div><div class="ubbcode-body">Sorry you feel that way. I bet the folks at Counter Sniper are most happy having you as a fan. And yet you have USO in your signature banner. </div></div>

new guys, sheesh.....

Only thing I noticed is that you fudged a little when you told your wife how much the SN3 cost.......

You will enjoy it.

So I gotta ask:
Why did you wait to get a scope before breaking in the barrel?

No scope needed to shoot one into the ground, clean, repeat ten times, shoot five, clean, repeat five times, shoot ten, clean, repeat one more time, clean, done.

Of course chrono can be done with loads then too so you have the basics for doping the stick but maybe I'm just a little strange like that

Not to mention the only USO I've seen with actual damage to the tube happened when someone paid to have their scope mounted
grin.gif

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: Switchblade</div><div class="ubbcode-body">So I gotta ask:
Why did you wait to get a scope before breaking in the barrel?

No scope needed to shoot one into the ground, clean, repeat ten times, shoot five, clean, repeat five times, shoot ten, clean, repeat one more time, clean, done.
</div></div>

Good question. I've been waiting to dial in scope while breaking in barrel, kill 2 birds. Going to my range without any sights just to break in the barrel wasn't a rush issue to me. Patience young jedi, patience.

As far as being a new guy? yes, at least here. Normally I take someones comments (the written words) at face value and don't try to read into anything. If it looks like a duck...

My new girl is finished.

guys-ar-10_600.jpg

Zero in tomorrow.

Had to wait for Becky at USO to send special mount that fits the T-Pal. Couldn't find a mount that would fit both the T-Pal and the illumination knob. USO makes a special quik release mount just for that model.

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: SofaKing</div><div class="ubbcode-body">33 weeks holy cr@p! USO just cashed my down payment and my SN-3 is supposed to be a 16 week build. Now I'm wondering if 16 weeks is accurate... fingers crossed. </div></div>

UPDATE!! Got an email and my USO SN-3 with GENII XR reticle is ready! That's just over 5 weeks. Just put the final payment in the mail. C'mon USO C'mon!!

SofaKing, good to hear. It'll be 5 months for me come August and counting, granted I ordered some extra features that weren't available at time of order, but the wait is still killing me.

It was about 18+ months for the MST.

sure does mount low!

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: chad3</div><div class="ubbcode-body">Trick of the trade:
Set aside cash each week in the safe. When the bill comes due, you already have the cash little at a time and wife continues to be happy.
Um, of course, I've never done anything like that.
Chad</div></div>

My wife and I have arranged a deal......she never consults me about clothes, shoes, purses and other personal gear, and I never consult her about optics, weapons, and personal gear.

i was just told 8-12 week and i payed in full i will be pissed (33 weeks)

Just found out the latest shipment of mil-scale MPR reticles to USO (which I ordered) had errors so they were rejected... Guess I'll be waiting longer... sigh...

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: SofaKing</div><div class="ubbcode-body"><div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: SofaKing</div><div class="ubbcode-body">33 weeks holy cr@p! USO just cashed my down payment and my SN-3 is supposed to be a 16 week build. Now I'm wondering if 16 weeks is accurate... fingers crossed. </div></div>

UPDATE!! Got an email and my USO SN-3 with GENII XR reticle is ready! That's just over 5 weeks. Just put the final payment in the mail. C'mon USO C'mon!! </div></div>

What was the extra cost for the Gen II XR reticle? Any extra wait time quoted for it?

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: rommel500</div><div class="ubbcode-body"><div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: SofaKing</div><div class="ubbcode-body"><div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: SofaKing</div><div class="ubbcode-body">33 weeks holy cr@p! USO just cashed my down payment and my SN-3 is supposed to be a 16 week build. Now I'm wondering if 16 weeks is accurate... fingers crossed. </div></div>

UPDATE!! Got an email and my USO SN-3 with GENII XR reticle is ready! That's just over 5 weeks. Just put the final payment in the mail. C'mon USO C'mon!! </div></div>

What was the extra cost for the Gen II XR reticle? Any extra wait time quoted for it? </div></div>

Rommel - $106.00 for the GEN II XR reticle. No extra wait time was quoted when I ordered.

Will do, I'm hoping to have it mounted / zeroed for our next match on the 21st.

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: SofaKing</div><div class="ubbcode-body"><div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: SofaKing</div><div class="ubbcode-body">33 weeks holy cr@p! USO just cashed my down payment and my SN-3 is supposed to be a 16 week build. Now I'm wondering if 16 weeks is accurate... fingers crossed. </div></div>

UPDATE!! Got an email and my USO SN-3 with GENII XR reticle is ready! That's just over 5 weeks. Just put the final payment in the mail. C'mon USO C'mon!!</div></div>

Evidently the "scope is ready" back on 7/31 wasn't accurate. But, I got the shipping notification yesterday and the new SN3 should be here Thursday. One happy camper right here. I'll post some pictures of the glass christening as it arrives and gets mounted. I'll try to get a pic of the reticle too. Does anyone have any recommendations on how to get a good pic of the reticle with digi camera? As soon as I get it mounted and do a box test I'll post a small review. From all the other information on here relating to USO I can't imagine I won't be anything but happy with it.

SK

Got it via FEDEX today. Looks good and got her mated to the Crusader via Badger standard rings.

Everything looks good so far. Now to get it zero'd and box tested...

a59maq.jpg

jrvez4.jpg

Mine (SN3 1.8-10x37) will be in 2marrow!