• Watch Out for Scammers!

We've now added a color code for all accounts. Orange accounts are new members, Blue are full members, and Green are Supporters. If you get a message about a sale from an orange account, make sure you pay attention before sending any money!

Rifle Scopes USO SN-4 JNG MIL Photos

Luke

Sergeant
Minuteman
  • May 29, 2002
    Colorado
    While I was researching the USO SN-4 1.5-6x w/ JNG MIL, I had a hard time finding actual photos of the reticle, so now that I own one myself here's some photos that might help someone else in the same situation I was in.

P8010328.jpg

<span style="font-weight: bold"><span style="text-decoration: underline">1.5X</span></span>
    P8010329.jpg

<span style="font-weight: bold"><span style="text-decoration: underline">6X</span></span>
    P8010330.jpg

P8010321.jpg

<span style="font-weight: bold"><span style="text-decoration: underline">1.5X</span></span>
    P8010326.jpg

<span style="font-weight: bold"><span style="text-decoration: underline">4X</span></span>
    P8010327.jpg

<span style="font-weight: bold"><span style="text-decoration: underline">6X</span></span>
    P8010325.jpg

<span style="font-weight: bold"><span style="text-decoration: underline">6X with a little more detail</span></span>
    P8010324.jpg

Re: USO SN-4 JNG MIL Photos

Great pics. I absolutely love the 1.5-6 with the JNG reticle. I've got 2 of them(MOA version because I'm that kind of guy) and I think they are the best all-around scope out there. For me, it is literally the "if I could only keep one scope" scope...

Currently on vacation in Colorado
    smile.gif

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: jtb33</div><div class="ubbcode-body">Those are some pretty big mountains for Kansas...</div></div>

Thanks for taking the time to post these pics. This is great!

What's the primary purpose of this rifle ?

My goal is for an all-purpose rifle capable of 1MOA or less out to 800m. I'm still running it through it's paces to see if it does truly meet the guidelines I have in mind for it.

BTW it's a POF 14.5" P308.

I would like to see the rifle, looked like you had fun

I mill that car just left of the lower 2 at 8000 yards based on the car at 12 feet in length.

Luke,

smart optic to order.

I know you have a winner.

Oh, the offer is still on the table.

John

Funny--been looking for pics just like this. Have been struggling between this reticle and the c2. Thanks for putting these pics up. What are the specs on the scope? Looks like an EREK on elevation--is that a standard or slimline windage knob?

It's a guess. But based on comparison to tube diameter, & a friend's SN-4 in 1-4x, I'd say it's a standard windage knob. That & I can't imagine springing for an EREK & not having full windage adjustment capability.

Here's some of the rifle and illuminated reticle pictures as requested:

P8010309.jpg

P8010316-1.jpg

P8010318.jpg

<span style="font-weight: bold"><span style="text-decoration: underline">My transportation up</span></span>
    P8010332-1.jpg

<span style="text-decoration: underline"><span style="font-weight: bold">1.5X</span></span>
    P8010336.jpg

<span style="text-decoration: underline"><span style="font-weight: bold">6X</span></span>
    P8010338.jpg

<span style="text-decoration: underline"><span style="font-weight: bold">1.5X</span></span>
    P8010339.jpg

<span style="text-decoration: underline"><span style="font-weight: bold">6X</span></span>
    P8010340.jpg

P8010341.jpg

P8010342.jpg

P8010344.jpg

P8010345.jpg

P8010346.jpg

P8010347.jpg

Looks nice, but I think I'd prefer it to only have the numbers on the right and lower vertical portions of the cross hair. Having them on all four sides kind of clutters the reticle up, IMO.

Still, seems like a great candidate for an SN3 1.8-10x37 for my SPR if I ever get the funds!
    laugh.gif

I agree, the numbers are a little overkill. I also don't understand why the mils don't go completely up the vertical reticle. Not that I use them, but you might as well put that portion to good use. It's decent reticle overall and I think the ring really draws the eye towards the center when using it at low magnification. For higher magnification scopes I think the MPR reticle is still my favorite. I'd like to see more scopes that also include generic torso ranging brackets in the lowermost portion of the field of view.

Thanks for sharing! Once I get around to getting a carbine I wanna top it off with a SN-4.

I have the same scope/same reticle but a Slimline #1 covered elevation knob and Zeroing windage knob. The intent is to hold for most elevation but have the ability to dial if needed while keeping the scope's profile as thin as possible.

I miss the EREK though.

Every USO scope build is a compromise of some sort unfortunately. Just the nature of the beast. When you have that many options to choose from, you can always come up with a different configuration that has different pluses and minuses.

Mine is currently on my Mk 12 Mod 0 in an effort to have one optic to cover the Type I II, and III SPR spectrum. Like it way more than an ACOG for the Type II role, way less than an Aimpoint for the Type I role, and well there is nothing like a good 10X Type III scope, though on 6X I've made some good hits with it at longer ranges (700M).

Just got back from the Smokey Mountains over in Tn, they are beautiful. I now know where my family and I are taking our next vacation... Great pics as well.

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: Luke</div><div class="ubbcode-body">
    P8010346.jpg

P8010347.jpg
    </div></div>

great post for those "Illum or not" threads. I try to explain how it makes shots into a target in the shadows possible and thats the closest I've seen to what I am talking about.

I'm not sure if I wanna go SN4 or 1.8-10 SN3 next one.

I knew I'd have at least one range nazi tell me what I should and should not point my scope at. Don't worry, the upper was seperated from the lower and all other safety precautions were followed when the rifle was assembled...

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: sobrbiker883</div><div class="ubbcode-body">
    I'm not sure if I wanna go SN4 or 1.8-10 SN3 next one.</div></div>

If you have the extra cash personally I would go with the 1.8-10x SN-3 Slimline. You don't lose much on size and low end magnification but gain a lot on high end magnification. Not to mention gain parallax adjustment.

A bit of topic, but:

How and where are you able to shoot like that on vacation? I know you said it's the Vail area. I've got to assume there is more to it than: "I just picked a spot that looked secluded and started shootin.'" Do you have to know "people"?

The reason I ask is the wife and I take regular trips out west to MT, WY, and CO and every time I think "I would love to do some LR rifle shooting out here."

And forgive me as I am from IL, where every sq. inch is claimed and fought over and you can only shoot on your property or designated ranges. Some of you guys out west traveling out to BFE in the desert or mountains and just blasting away is a concept that is very foreign to me.

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: Pointblank4445</div><div class="ubbcode-body">A bit of topic, but:

How and where are you able to shoot like that on vacation? I know you said it's the Vail area. I've got to assume there is more to it than: "I just picked a spot that looked secluded and started shootin.'" Do you have to know "people"?

The reason I ask is the wife and I take regular trips out west to MT, WY, and CO and every time I think "I would love to do some LR rifle shooting out here."

And forgive me as I am from IL, where every sq. inch is claimed and fought over and you can only shoot on your property or designated ranges. Some of you guys out west traveling out to BFE in the desert or mountains and just blasting away is a concept that is very foreign to me.</div></div>

I live in Colorado and you can shoot in most of the national forrest and BLM areas out here. It's best to check the forrest service website ahead of time for designated areas, but thats about it. Either that, or you're on private land and can do whatever you want!

I love Colorado . . . don't think I'll ever leave!

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: Pointblank4445</div><div class="ubbcode-body">A bit of topic, but:

How and where are you able to shoot like that on vacation? I know you said it's the Vail area. I've got to assume there is more to it than: "I just picked a spot that looked secluded and started shootin.'" Do you have to know "people"? </div></div>

I will cover it Luke.

Luke was born and raised in that area. So he knows the right places to go.

John

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: Luke</div><div class="ubbcode-body"><div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: sobrbiker883</div><div class="ubbcode-body">
    I'm not sure if I wanna go SN4 or 1.8-10 SN3 next one.</div></div>

If you have the extra cash personally I would go with the 1.8-10x SN-3 Slimline. You don't lose much on size and low end magnification but gain a lot on high end magnification. Not to mention gain parallax adjustment. </div></div>

No such thing as "extra", but if you're dropping that much money you should do it right when you do it.

The only reason a SN4 is on the table is because it would be my only 3gun capable because I'd go with 1-4 for the true 1X. But I don't shoot 3 gun much and would probably just want a 1.8-10.....

Thanks for the pics, they're great and I know what a bitch they are to get!

The best way to find out where you can shoot and regulations is the local National Forest Ranger Station in the area you're visiting. In <span style="font-style: italic">most</span> places in Colorado it's legal to discharge firearms on National Forest land as long as you're 150 yards from any road, campsite, populated area, etc. and you do not shoot over any road, body of water, etc. Some places have different rules so it's always best to check with the local Ranger Station first. The best way to help keep this liberty is for people to actually go out and use the National Forest for responsible shooting i.e. always pick up your brass, hulls. Use a good backstop. Don't leave trash, busted up targets, bullet hole ridden stumps, trees, etc. Even if you are the legal 150 yards from a campsite, be polite and go another 1/2 mile down the road (or buy a suppressor). Shooters usually have a bad rap with Forest management because there's too many idiots that trash the forest and don't take safety precautions. Just remember this and be polite when you walk into the Ranger station and talk to the kid just out of college with his forestry degree because he'll either think you're ruining the earth with your evil guns or will try to give you the run-around about where you can actually shoot. Preferably, have them show you in writing the specific regulations concerning firearms.

Hardly a range nazi! Just someone who respects firearms and the rules that go with handling them. Maybe you safed the weapon before the pics. Maybe you didn't. Did find the pics aimed at vehicles with people in them a bit disturbing.

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: JoeRe</div><div class="ubbcode-body">Hardly a range nazi! Just someone who respects firearms and the rules that go with handling them. Maybe you safed the weapon before the pics. Maybe you didn't. Did find the pics aimed at vehicles with people in them a bit disturbing. </div></div>

Yes you are a Range Nazi!

Be disturbed all you want...the only thing you can KNOW from the pics is that a camera is behind a scope.

Again Luke, thanks for the pics.

Hey Luke, nice thread and great pics of the gun, reticle and the view from there.

I see you have the older railed POF, did you get it from them finished in that green or have someone else do it? Looks real good and would like to get mine painted.

Does yours have the NP3 coating? Mine does and I'm wondering how that will do with paint or cerakote, duracoat etc. Thanks man

Why do I live in Oklahoma? I relish every chance I get to travel west. Nice Pics!

Great pics, thanks for sharing!

I never even considered the SN-4 1.5-6 before, but after seeing your pics funk that would make an awesome deer gun optic!