• Watch Out for Scammers!

We've now added a color code for all accounts. Orange accounts are new members, Blue are full members, and Green are Supporters. If you get a message about a sale from an orange account, make sure you pay attention before sending any money!

Rifle Scopes USO SN3 1.8 X 10

BattleAxe

Chief
Minuteman
  • Mar 3, 2010
    Earth
    Do any of you guys have one of these? How do you like it?
    Any dislikes?
    How about its performance out to 1K?

This is going on a GAP 10. I already have a few larger USO's but I'm thinking of going with something smaller for the GAP.

Re: USO SN3 1.8 X 10

I had an older one that I won years ago. Very nice scope I love it except the reticle that came in it. Was too expensive to change it out so I just left it. I recently ordered a new one with a GAP reticle and am awaiting its arrival. Mine's going on an AR10 also

Yea I have the Mil Scale Gap in my 17X's and I love the simplicity of it.

I also have one on order for my LR 308. There are two for sale in the optics section, one GAP/MIL and the other the JNG -mil.

Thought about going used but I almost want it cerakoted coyote tan to match the rifle.

I'm having a 1.8-10X37 made to replace my previous 1.8-10X44. Great scopes, they work out to 1000 but they're no 17X. The last one had a JNG-MIL, the new one will have a MIL-GAP. I'm having it Cerakoted in Magpul FDE this time instead of the brown anodizing. They'll get the job done.

That scope is one of my favorites, and would be an awesome scope for that rifle.

You keep talking like this and I may have to replace an ST-10.

you have got to love the versatility of 1.8 x 10. I can hunt with it and also shoot paper and steel with it. I am really look hard at one of these. I have a 3.2 x 17 on a bolt rifle but would love a 1.8 x 10 on my GAP SASS.

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: JSTARSZ</div><div class="ubbcode-body">you have got to love the versatility of 1.8 x 10. I can hunt with it and also shoot paper and steel with it. I am really look hard at one of these. I have a 3.2 x 17 on a bolt rifle but would love a 1.8 x 10 on my GAP SASS. </div></div>
    My thoughts too. I have 2 17X's with one on my SASS but the 17's are almost a bit "overkill" for an auto. The GAP will likely only see 1000 yds on rare occasions and will spend most of its life at 6-800 yds. From what I'm seeing I usually have to dial back the 17's to 6-10 power to minimize mirage anyway so a smaller optic is making more sense.

Got one on my POF...its a 44 mm. Definitely go with the 37 because the 44 is not much ligher than a 3-17. Perfect for the gun....I use it mainly from 6-800 like above.

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: ggmanning</div><div class="ubbcode-body">Got one on my POF...its a 44 mm. Definitely go with the 37 because the 44 is not much ligher than a 3-17. Perfect for the gun....I use it mainly from 6-800 like above so more power. </div></div>
    Are you saying they make a 44 and 37 mm objective with that model?

Ah, I see it...the SN3-S. I'm sold. This thing sounds like exactly what I'm looking for. The ability to color match it to the rifle is icing on the cake.

I just got my latest build back and put together and went with this scope. Mine is spec'd out as follows.....

SN3 1.8-10
    35mm tube
    EREK 1/2 MOA elev
    #1 1/2 MOA wind
    Ergo 44mm
    Lo-pro/quick adjust eye
    Red illum scale 1 MOA reticle
    USO 35mm rings

Sitting on a CRF FN action with an M24 contour 1-10 twist Rock 22" barrel. The whole works nestled into a Mc A4 with a CDI bottom metal and an EFR out front.

The scope is built like a tank and with the mag range, just the ticket paired up with a PVS-22 out front.

If you go on USO's site you have the option of 37 or 44 on the SN-3 1.8-10X. They also have the 1.8-10X37 T-PAL which isn't listed on the site. I went with ERGO since the 1.8-10X37 is short making the objective easy to reach, plus ERGO is really forgiving on the setting.

The 37mm is about 1/4 pound lighter than the 44mm. Hoping mine is done in the next month or so but I'm not in a rush.

Axe, In my experience, the 1.8 to 10 is the ideal optic for a build like the
    Gap-10. In the 0 to 300 yd zone it is exceptional on tactical sized targets. In the 300 to 600 zone it is also first rate. Beyond 600 it works but the 10x is what it is so no splitting hairs at 1k. Durability, controls, and glass are all USO excellent. I have put mine through serious field use in conditions from excellent to deplorable, and on targets ranging from tactical to varmint. Although the controls are excellent, the reticle scale leaves little need for knob twisting as it allows for an experienced operator to both range and touch targets at various distances utilizing the scale alone. To sum it up.... probably the best scope on the planet for tactical work within its range.

I have a 1.8-10X37 ERGO GAP on my 16" Krieger Recon 5.56 and it works perfectly with the PVS-22 UNS. Illumination is nice, but not essential for NV work.

What are you all you guys getting for elevation travel from these things? Not total travel, but <span style="font-style: italic">elevation from zero (assuming 100yds)</span>. Also state if mounted level or w/canted base.

Axe, I was using a 20 moa rail so needless to say elevation was not a problem.
    I do not remember off hand the full range available off the dials. In any case I had no problem laying them in out to 1K and my standard 0 is 200. So far I have used it on .308, .260, and .243. Next I will put it through paces on the .223
    using a 20" tube with a 1-7 and something in the 80 gr range for a projo.
    As a side note, let me say that I ran it on an L1A1 for a while, and while the combination of the platform and optic performed exceptionally well together,
    I think that a bit more magnification would have been appropriate. At longer range it is important to be able to see into things. Unlike shooting at a range where you have targets presented in profile or clearly outlined, this ability to see into or through background is invaluable. Know your rifle, know your equipment, know your objective, choose accordingly. As I said before, I think the USO 1.8-10 is the best optic in its class.

Great scope!!

sw7r5v.jpg

309rapt.jpg

vwzhue.jpg

merlinn

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: merlinn</div><div class="ubbcode-body">Great scope!!

sw7r5v.jpg

309rapt.jpg

vwzhue.jpg

merlinn </div></div>

That scope makes me moist, and I want it...

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: laylowlong</div><div class="ubbcode-body">Axe, I was using a 20 moa rail so needless to say elevation was not a problem.
    I do not remember off hand the full range available off the dials. In any case I had no problem laying them in out to 1K and my standard 0 is 200. So far I have used it on .308, .260, and .243. Next I will put it through paces on the .223
    using a 20" tube with a 1-7 and something in the 80 gr range for a projo.
    As a side note, let me say that I ran it on an L1A1 for a while, and while the combination of the platform and optic performed exceptionally well together,
    I think that a bit more magnification would have been appropriate. At longer range it is important to be able to see into things. Unlike shooting at a range where you have targets presented in profile or clearly outlined, this ability to see into or through background is invaluable. Know your rifle, know your equipment, know your objective, choose accordingly. As I said before, I think the USO 1.8-10 is the best optic in its class. </div></div>

I wouldn't expect an issue to 1k with a 20 moa base. I get 22 mils up from zero out of my 3.2 X 17's on a 20 minute base, which is good to around 1200-ish for .308 and 1800-ish for .338LM . But I'm wondering if a 20moa base is even necessary for 1K (its not in the case of the 17X's shooting .308). If the 10X's have shorter tubes it may affect total travel so you have to run them through on a culminator and figure it out. You can also just look through it at a clear target and dial it up til the reticle stops momving and see what the reading is.

Axe, you are right about that, I was only using the 20 rail because It was on my bench, and I did not have a handy flat rail.

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: Da-Law-Dawg</div><div class="ubbcode-body">I just got my latest build back and put together and went with this scope. Mine is spec'd out as follows.....

SN3 1.8-10
    35mm tube
    EREK 1/2 MOA elev
    #1 1/2 MOA wind
    Ergo 44mm
    Lo-pro/quick adjust eye
    Red illum scale 1 MOA reticle
    USO 35mm rings

Sitting on a CRF FN action with an M24 contour 1-10 twist Rock 22" barrel. The whole works nestled into a Mc A4 with a CDI bottom metal and an EFR out front.

The scope is built like a tank and with the mag range, just the ticket paired up with a PVS-22 out front.</div></div>
    Law Dawg, because I see no picture, I do not believe it happened... hint, hint
    grin.gif
    . Thanks in advance.

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: J-Ham</div><div class="ubbcode-body">
    Law Dawg, because I see no picture, I do not believe it happened... hint, hint
    grin.gif
    . Thanks in advance. </div></div>

J-Ham.....why ya gotta be a hater!!!!!
    grin.gif

Guess I gotta throw a few pics to satisfy the masses! LOL!

Enjoy!

DSC00056.jpg

DSC00057.jpg

DSC00058.jpg

3.2-17x37 would kick ass on a gasgun. That said, I run a 3.2-17X44 on my POF and definitely have never felt like I had too much scope....

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: sobrbiker883</div><div class="ubbcode-body">I run a 3.2-17X44 on my POF and definitely have never felt like I had too much scope....
    </div></div>
    I'm viewing this more in a tactical sense where weight comes into play. I have a 3.2 X 17-44 on a SASS and its an outstanding combo but I wouldn't want to hump this thing for any distance as it is a heavy pig and I'll likely hunt with this rig. If I ever need target level accuracy say for a certain competition to 1K I can always throw one of he 17's on it.

All these sweet looking bolt rigs keep reminding me that I still have a 4 month wait for my HRT.

Law Dawg, that thing looks like a tank!!! I love it. Thanks you for helping me decide what will top off my MA-TEN when I get it completed.

P.S. That FN is pretty much perfect... very nice.

I think you've seen it before BattleAxe, but this it the 1.8-10X44 with 35mm tube I had:

M25V12Scope.jpg

M25V12ScopeTop.jpg

M25V25Mount1.jpg

IMG_0459.jpg

Great scope but a little on the big side for a "tactical" rifle and definitely on the heavy side.

If you're going for lighter weight and compact I'd really recommend the 1.8-10X37. The objective OD is about 10mm less, making it almost the same size as the eyepiece (47.2mm eye piece and 47mm objective OD), it's also 10mm shorter.

I am considering one of these as well. Does the Ergo adjustment drive you crazy? Not sure if I should go with the T Pal instead.

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: Red Belly</div><div class="ubbcode-body">I am considering one of these as well. Does the Ergo adjustment drive you crazy? Not sure if I should go with the T Pal instead. </div></div>

It's almost set and forget, really forgiving if you don't have it set at the right range. The place I shoot has plates from 200 to 600 yards, I usually set it to 400 and never touched it again, never had a parallax issue doing that. Plus the objective is only about 3 inches forward of the turret so it's not some huge reach to get to it.

If it was a 3.2-17X or higher I'd probably go T-PAL since the objective is much further away, but for 1.8-10X I'd stick with ERGO.

That's what I was thinking, but since I have yet to see one I appreciate the insight. Thanks.

I like the 1.8-10 SN3, it rode my .308 for a couple yrs. It was good for me out to 1000yds. IMHO its probably one of the best all around scopes you can get for a .308 gas gun.
    Nowadays it sits on my 40X.
    IMAG0253.jpg

And I like the ERGO objective, its not a hassle to use at all when behind the rifle.

I pulled the trigger on this today. Should be a good choice.

I own two, both are 1.8-10x37. I have used one out to 1000 yds a few times. It preformed well. Couple of minor disappointments. Both scopes seem to degrade in image at max (10) power. Under max power the scopes image is a wow. Both scopes come with Gap ret. the first one is very clear up to max power the second scope the Gap ret gets very grainy at max power. Both prove to be light gathers. I would recommend a two (2) inch sun shade. I didn't order one but did get a ARD from them. I wish I got the sun shade instead, maybe both sunshade and ARD. When I add the ARD the image degrades. With out it the image is wow. The thing I notice without the ARD is reflective light from above will glare across the lense and wash out the image with a white haze , hence the reason for a two inch sunshade. Does any of this change my opinon of the scope. Not realy. I also own A Night force, Leupold, Kahles, Schmith Bender. The Kahles and Benders Image are fantastic. But not fair as a judge since the Kahles is a fix 6x and the bender is Short Dot. The Night force has an image close to but not as good (IMHO) as the Us optics I own. It's (Night force) image also degrades at 10x, Oh the Night force is a 2.5-10x32. The Leupold is also a nice scope image wise. While it's Image is not as sharp as the Sn-3 it is consistence through out the power range. It is comparable to the Night force in Image quality (again IMHO). The Sn-3 and Night force both exzude confidence when spinning the dails for my come ups. Leupold doesn't offer that. With them when I see a miss of one Mil and dail one Mil it's always a hit. Not so Leupold but it's 1 min dail anyway. Overall very happy with the SN-3's more so than the Night force and no comparision on the Leupold. I just got a hold of the Short dot and just got it up and running but that is also very impressive. Looking forward to a future purchase of an Schmidt Bender for sure.

Well I got the call from USO and I should have it on Saturday. I've decided to mount it on my M1A though and go with a 17X on the G10.

The M1A is my 600yd rig and its a sub-minute hammer at that distance with a 10X, so in keeping with the "old school" nature of this rig I think its a better fit. It currently runs a Loopy with MOA turrets which I hate anyway.

Here she is. This could not look more "right" for this rifle....

555-p7300067.jpg

Have the 44mm version on my POF .308, it now sports a matching 2 1/2" sunshade/ARD and in a Larue mount. Photo was taken a while ago. Great scope. Mil/Mil w/GAP.

DSC02856.jpg

My 1.8-10x37 (SN3s) with ERGO and EREK is going on the LMT MWSE I picked up Friday. USO rings will be here early in the week, if Jeff remembered to send it this Friday!
    The LMT is going to wear two USO's... 1.5-6 with JNG, the other is the 1.8-10x37 with #1 reticle.
    The 1.8-10 isn't that great at 10X, but at 7-9 it's like a diamond. It is really bright and the objective isn't too bulky, mount it nice and low.
    If the 16in/chromed is gtg, prob. just upgrade to a Gisselle and be done.
    If it's not that tight, pick up a SS barrel that's 20 inches and still have a trim rifle.
    The LMT is sweet, I think it's prob. the best value in a .308 AR rifle going.
    The mono upper is well done. Can't wait.