• Watch Out for Scammers!

We've now added a color code for all accounts. Orange accounts are new members, Blue are full members, and Green are Supporters. If you get a message about a sale from an orange account, make sure you pay attention before sending any money!

• Site updates coming next Wednesday at 8am CT!

The site will be down for routine maintenance on Wednesday 6/5 starting at 8am CT. If you have any questions, please PM alexj-12!

Rifle Scopes USO SN3 Measurement Please

03psd

Sergeant
Minuteman
May 27, 2006
Oklahoma
anyone who has a USO SN3 or other scope handy that has a EREK elevation turret can you please take a quick measurement to see what the approximate minimum distance between the 2 scope rings would be.

I am looking at a couple QD mounts and some have more space between the rings than others. I am just trying to figure out which would work best without having the rings jammed up close to the turret making it tough to grab with gloves.

Re: USO SN3 Measurement Please

I think I have one handy.....give me a sec

72.77mm

2.865"

DSC_0999.jpg

thank you sir. And thats with the TPAL knob, so one without TPAL I could probably get away with 2.52". Comparing ADM AD Recon with AD Recon SW. The SW increases the distance between the rings from 2.52 to 3.25"

I put the AD Recon-SW on mine.
3.2x17x44 ERGO EREK Illum
My measurement was 57.35MM (2.2") btw.
Maybe a TPAL needs more space.

DSCN2853-2.jpg

just for reference

I've sold this scope so can not get measurements, all my scopes are t-pals now.
DSC_0983.jpg

DSC_0999.jpg
[/

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: smschulz</div><div class="ubbcode-body">I put the AD Recon-SW on mine.
3.2x17x44 ERGO EREK Illum
My measurement was 57.35MM (2.2") btw.
Maybe a TPAL needs more space.

DSCN2853-2.jpg
</div></div>

Is that an different version of the AD Recon SW? The reason I ask is because on the ADM website they show all their mounts having 3 screws on the top and 2 on the bottom. I dont think it would matter strength wise but just curious of they havechanged the design.

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: 03psd</div><div class="ubbcode-body">

Is that an different version of the AD Recon SW? The reason I ask is because on the ADM website they show all their mounts having 3 screws on the top and 2 on the bottom. I dont think it would matter strength wise but just curious of they have changed the design. </div></div>
There are 2 screws on the top and two screws and an attached male support piece on the bottom (you don't see the bottom support from this angle.
I do see your point after looking at the web site ~ good question??
PS... on my 6.8 I have a regular AD Recon and it is the same way (two on top - two on bottom w/ support).
PSS.. just check on another rifle ~ regular AD Recon and it does have three on the top.

The one with three on top is the oldest (approx 1~1 1/2 yrs old)
The others are less than six months old.
Don't know if that says anything or not but it is a good question. ???