• Watch Out for Scammers!

We've now added a color code for all accounts. Orange accounts are new members, Blue are full members, and Green are Supporters. If you get a message about a sale from an orange account, make sure you pay attention before sending any money!

Rifle Scopes USO ST-10/1.8-10

macman2564

Private
Minuteman
Jan 19, 2009
Enterprise, AL
Has anyone used these at short range?? And by short range I do mean short, as in 25-50 yards. I just want to make sure that it will be able to focus at those short ranges, as I will be putting it on my .22 trainer, btw.

Thanks,
Jeremy

Re: USO ST-10/1.8-10

I have a 1.8-10x37 ERGO on my .308, and I have always shot past 100yds, but I dont see why it wouldn't adjust down to 50yds. I also have a ST-10 w/ ERGO on my 40X, IIRC I had no trouble shooting at 45-50yds, but I do most of my shooting with it out to 100yds or more. To be honest I dont know about 25yds though. If no one else replys I will try them out when I get home this evening, and I will get back to your post.

At 1.8 power mine will focus in my basement up really close,less then 20 yds.I got the slim line version.Damn good scope for the money.

Make sure you tell USO when you order it. I believe it was discussed before that they can set the adjustment for closer if you wish.

I know my SN-3 doesn't like to adjust below 50 yards on high magnification, but then again we are talking about a totally different scope.

None of my 3.2-17's or my 3.8-22 will focus that close even at the lowest magnification.

I am looking more at an ST-10 than a 1.8-10 since I have found one that I want for a good price.

Thanks for all of the help so far guys.

I dont know about the ST-10, never shot one. But I can vouch for the 1.8-10x. I have shot a lot of close range and moving with it, with the ergo it works great... And im selling my 1.8x10x on here in the optics section righ now.

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: LoneWolfUSMC</div><div class="ubbcode-body">Make sure you tell USO when you order it. I believe it was discussed before that they can set the adjustment for closer if you wish.

I know my SN-3 doesn't like to adjust below 50 yards on high magnification, but then again we are talking about a totally different scope. </div></div>

My 3.2-17 doesn't seem to adjust within 50yds either on 17x.

My 1.8-10 will focus within a small room on 1.8x.

i think the C2 reticle would be perfect for the 1.8-10x because you get mil lines for distance shooting and a circle for close up shooting.