• Watch Out for Scammers!

We've now added a color code for all accounts. Orange accounts are new members, Blue are full members, and Green are Supporters. If you get a message about a sale from an orange account, make sure you pay attention before sending any money!

Rifle Scopes USO to be ordered.

Tahoe333

Sergeant
Minuteman
Oct 4, 2012
Northern Utah
I just joined this forum and I have stayed awake for the past few days reading through as many posts as I could absorb.

I am looking for optics for a Sako 75V 300winmag. It has been a long hard decision but SH forum has convenienced me to go with USO.
I believe I am ready to get a quote from Lazy21 unless you guys have any other advice for me?

SN-3 3.2-17x44 ERGO: Blk, EREK 1/10 mil Milestone, US#1M40 1/10mil Left, 34mm, Digi Green, Mil Gap Reticle.

Re: USO to be ordered.

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: phreakmode</div><div class="ubbcode-body">for the winmag the only change I would make would be a 3.8-22 </div></div>

My first thought was the 22x? I better mull it over with my Fri nite BBQ and beer.
Is there a preference with the digi Green over Red?

Tahoe, You cannot go wrong with a USO. I would go with the 3.8-22x44. Unless you hunt or do shooting alot of shooting at dusk, then I would go with the 58 objective body. I would also go with the blue illum. and a #3 knob. With the #3 you get 5 mils of windage in either direction, it is almost impossible to get the knob a turn off. Honestly, I would go with the 35mm instead of 34 as well. The rings that are available for the 34 will probably be available for the 35, and now that the razors are becoming more popular there are almost always 35mm rings floating around. So basically the same scope except completely different.
wink.gif

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: Tahoe333</div><div class="ubbcode-body">I will have to ask Lazy if the 22x ergo comes in 35mm?</div></div>

Hey bro, funny they pulled it off the website but I'm sure I can still get you a 35mm. This is one I had built a while back in 35mm tube/44mm obj

DSC_0715.jpg

DSC_0714.jpg

DSC_0713.jpg

DSC_0712.jpg

DSC_0711.jpg

DSC_0710.jpg

Now can I give you my opinion?(if not, I'm still going to give it to you
wink.gif
) I would go with a 34mm tube, you do not lose or gain anything with going with a 35mm(light/internal adjustments are the same 34/35) If you notice, you have many more options in 34mm rings from manufacturers......most 35mm rings I've seen are never the right height for your application. Why do I say that? Because it happened to me, but if that's what you want. I'll have it built for you. At the end of the day, it's about what you want and I'll do what it takes to earn your business.

Lazy21, what is the damage?
SN-3 3.8-22x44 ergo Blk, 34mm, elev. erek mill, wind #3m40 mil stop right, Digi blue, mil gap reticle. With the new style logo --- 2"ard shade with both flip up covers, folding anti cant.

I will be checking the couch for any extra change!

PM sent bro, don't forget to look in your car's ash tray.

On a Sako 75 you want a max 30mm tube and, on a USO, both the windage and illumination control on the left side on the tube. The 75 is notorious for failed ejection because the case will hit the tube and a regular right side windage turret and bounce back into the action.

I shoot a 75 in rapid fire comps and always use 1" scopes with symmetrical reticles so I can turn the scope 90deg to the left and use the windage turret as elevation and elevation turret as a left side windage turret. This way I get maximum free space for case ejection.

TorF,
I will move the windage and Digi to the left side. Hopefully with the extra height of the picatinny rail adapter the 34mm tube will work.
I owe you huge, that would have definitely been a bummer!

David

On the 3.8-22, you can not put both knobs on the left. You'll have to get a Tpal for that

Pardon me for jumping in, as i seen this topic. As I been looking for some new/used glass for my next build too. For years in the military, I never peeped threw an optic with blue illum. Whats the benefits of blue over the others(ie: options USO has)?

Lazy21,
Throw the windage on the left with the Digi blue on the right - done deal!

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: PowerstrokeOBX</div><div class="ubbcode-body">Why get the folding level when you can get it built in the scope? </div></div>

He's right and it's cheaper than the external. The internal is only 80.00 if it's done during the build. Love mine and wouldn't think of changing scopes for that as well as many other reasons.

Good luck,
Merritt

I sent Lazy21 my final decision. Sigh, I wouldn't be surprised if he charges me a "make up my damn mind" fee!

Thank you guys very much for the advice, you saved me from some potentially big mistakes.
TorF - I owe you big!

SN-3 3.8-22x44 Ergo
Black
34mm
Elev .1 mil Erek
Wind US#3M40 .1 mil stop - Left side
Digi Blue -Right side
Mil Gap Reticle
Internal Level
Extended Eye Relief

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: Tahoe333</div><div class="ubbcode-body"> Sigh, I wouldn't be surprised if he charges me a "make up my damn mind" fee!
</div></div>

Lmao, it's included
wink.gif