• Watch Out for Scammers!

We've now added a color code for all accounts. Orange accounts are new members, Blue are full members, and Green are Supporters. If you get a message about a sale from an orange account, make sure you pay attention before sending any money!

usps issues?

Zack_va248

Supporter
Supporter
Minuteman
Sep 22, 2018
Winchester, Va
Anyone else seeing their packages tracking info saying "Package acceptance pending" at the drop off location from where they bought an item?
I've got three separate shipments coming to me that say this, one of which, hasn't been updated in 15 days...
No way to vent my frustration to them so figured I'd post here and see if anyone else is experiencing the same...

Yep, USPS tracking has been virtually non-existent past label creation. I've had a few that eventually got a delivery email from the vendor, but days after it happened and no intermediate tracking visible on the USPS site.

When they stop giving you the second by second update then you can't complain when it's late.

UPS has done the same thing. Used to be you could see the package transfer at every stop....no more.

Just the way it is now.

Many times. UPS and FedEx at least as bad as USPS, FedEx the worst in my area. About a year ago UPS sent me notice my package had been delivered but I didn't receive it. Checked the tracking and it was delivered to an address in Kansas city MO. I live in Louisiana

When they stop giving you the second by second update then you can't complain when it's late.

UPS has done the same thing. Used to be you could see the package transfer at every stop....no more.

Just the way it is now.
I just assumed it was due to the influx of mail in ballots and voting season.... frustrating nonetheless.

Reactions: HeavyAssault

Just the way it is now.
AMZN has taken to doing the same thing.

Actually, I have found that USPS tracking has gotten better recently. It really fell off the cliff about a year ago. Don't get me wrong, still isn't great.

a new business just waiting for someone to take it pick up and deliver any package the USPS or ups or whom ever will not ship all that business could be yours for the taking .that could be millions of dollars left on the table for some motivated , entrepreneuring teen who wants to eat .
you could start with deliveries within 3 states around you later somone else adds 3 states or 4 depending on distance and again and again that would be a network of trucks smaller than usps , but it's getting there just add more and more till you cross the entire country that was .

Last edited:
Reactions: HeavyAssault
Amazon is the worst, followed by USPS then UPS and finally FedEx.

You never know where your Amazon package is located, USPS won't update once it's left the shipper until it's out for local delivery. UPS and FedEx and decent but not always spot on.

Amazon is the worst, followed by USPS then UPS and finally FedEx.

You never know where your Amazon package is located, USPS won't update once it's left the shipper until it's out for local delivery. UPS and FedEx and decent but not always spot on.
Considering the volume they do, and the quality of help willing to work these days, I think they all do a pretty decent job.

Reactions: Vodoun daVinci
a new business just waiting for someone to take it pick up and deliver any package the USPS or ups or whom ever will not ship all that business could be yours for the taking .that could be millions of dollars left on the table for some motivated , entrepreneuring teen who wants to eat .

The entry bar is billions of dollars unless it's a small local service.

Reactions: Zack_va248
I've the same issue with a shipment. No more tracking information after 'Shipment Received, Package Acceptance Pending'. Particularly frustrating when you have thousands of dollars worth of goods in the parcel, and some items cannot be replaced.

And with the Covid excuse, they still ignore the signature required on expensive packages. Even if you specifically paid for it.

Yes. Monday I scheduled a package to be picked up off my porch. Got home, it was gone. Tuesday afternoon I look to see where it is. "We're still waiting for your package".

Screenshot_20221118-083230_Brave.jpg

Wednesday....nothing.

i was about to call usps when I finally get an update text that it showed up in Richmond. Friday now and still no updates. It should have gotten to Alexandria yesterday. 🤷🏼‍♂️

I figured out that all of my USPS gripes and unhappiness were the result of the local post office and their employees.

Once I started having USPS deliver to my home address - ALL of my delivery issues disappeared.

It could be a coincidence.
But I doubt it.

I figured out that all of my USPS gripes and unhappiness were the result of the local post office and their employees.

Once I started having USPS deliver to my home address - ALL of my delivery issues disappeared.

It could be a coincidence.
But I doubt it.

It is totally dependent on how the local folks are.

For our business we run a free drinks & snacks and break room use policy for any delivery drivers as well as any USPS/FedEx/UPS drivers regardless of if they have a package for us or a pickup or not. It pays for itself many times over in making sure our deliveries are on time and in excellent condition & things aren't lost.

On the USPS and UPS side the delivery drivers have a fair bit of interaction with the loading their trucks process, so...

I order shit loads of stuff from Amazon lately - every time I go to the grocery store and the item I bought last week is no longer in stock I order it from Amazon. Pretty much all of our grocery items that aren't perishable I order from Amazon now. Saves me tons of money and I get the products I want and not what the local store wants me to buy.

Very rarely have problems shipped UPS or FedEx - in fact none that I remember. USPS is a shit show for me - I get a notice it's shipped via USPS and the tracking is useless until it shows up at my door days/weeks later. They mangle small boxes to death - kept trying to get a coffee cup and 3 in a row showed up in a mangled box with a broken cup. Finally ordered it from a company that shipped UPS and had it in 2 days.

No longer impressed with USPS and try not to do business with folks that send me stuff using it.

VooDoo

USPS must hate all of you.

I keep having zero issues with most of my reloading supplies coming via USPS. It takes about a business day for tracking info to appear on the website then I watch it roll on to my house.

LOL

I've shipped a ton with usps, even recently. In the past two weeks I've shipped 8 packages, all pickups from my porch. This latest is the first one with an issue. Checked again today...

Screenshot_20221118-084106_Brave.jpg

🤷🏼‍♂️

after a couple of stops, my bullets pkg was at a location for over 7 days. their tracking help
I keep having zero issues with most of my reloading supplies coming via USPS. It takes about a business day for tracking info to appear on the website then I watch it roll on to my house.
normally little to no issues. late october order from montana gold bullets worked its way east in a couple of days but then sat at one place near me for over a week. finally moved overnite, BACK towards montana!

late october order from montana gold bullets worked its way east in a couple of days but then sat at one place near me for over a week. finally moved overnite, BACK towards montana!

They had to go back for a package they left on the ramp.......LOL

Reactions: NoDopes
They had to go back for a package they left on the ramp.......LOL
and to add insult to injury, when i checked yesterday (and day before etc), usps site wouldn't let me escalate it until there was no movement after nov 7, and nov 7 had long passed.