• Watch Out for Scammers!

We've now added a color code for all accounts. Orange accounts are new members, Blue are full members, and Green are Supporters. If you get a message about a sale from an orange account, make sure you pay attention before sending any money!

USPS not always at fault.

1. You live in West Covina and you have anything shipped that does not require your signature?
2. Good to know that with the large amount of mail that USPS handles its not always their fault
3. I have the worst luck of anyone on the planet as, on a weekly basis, I re deliver misrouted mail to my neighbors.
4. Based on my un scientific sample of me, a smidge under 72% of mailed items, with an indication of a firearm related item in the contents, is delayed or mis delivered. As an example, the nice elderly neighbor lady up the road from us left a note saying "You have 5 really heavy parcels to pick up at the Post Office. Thank you. (smiley face)". This was after I had contacted the post master and spoken with the local post office about bullets that had gone missing. Their answer was 'if it was sent then we would deliver it.'. Turns out that really nice elderly neighbor had contacted the post office for 3 weeks trying to get them to pick them up while I was trying to find them. When I took the note and the nice elderly neighbor ladies name and address to the post office the clerk and the manager agreed to pick them up. Not saying they need to be perfect but what sort of paste eating, mouth breathing window licker are you when you do something like that. You might even have a hard on for anything gun related but that does not excuse you from performing your job.

So maybe your right...."USPS not always at fault." This time. This decade. Since they only strive to be right once a decade and they have filled that quota they can go back to basking in the warm glow of being marginally effective.

Ok.....sorry just reread my post. Sort of came across negative and if you(or a loved one) works for the USPS my apologies. To be fair there is some positive things to talk about in terms of USPS performance. At least no one died due to poor performance and lack if intellectual integrity like the VA.

1. You live in West Covina and you have anything shipped that does not require your signature?
2. Good to know that with the large amount of mail that USPS handles its not always their fault
3. I have the worst luck of anyone on the planet as, on a weekly basis, I re deliver misrouted mail to my neighbors.
4. Based on my un scientific sample of me, a smidge under 72% of mailed items, with an indication of a firearm related item in the contents, is delayed or mis delivered. As an example, the nice elderly neighbor lady up the road from us left a note saying "You have 5 really heavy parcels to pick up at the Post Office. Thank you. (smiley face)". This was after I had contacted the post master and spoken with the local post office about bullets that had gone missing. Their answer was 'if it was sent then we would deliver it.'. Turns out that really nice elderly neighbor had contacted the post office for 3 weeks trying to get them to pick them up while I was trying to find them. When I took the note and the nice elderly neighbor ladies name and address to the post office the clerk and the manager agreed to pick them up. Not saying they need to be perfect but what sort of paste eating, mouth breathing window licker are you when you do something like that. You might even have a hard on for anything gun related but that does not excuse you from performing your job.

So maybe your right...."USPS not always at fault." This time. This decade. Since they only strive to be right once a decade and they have filled that quota they can go back to basking in the warm glow of being marginally effective.

Ok.....sorry just reread my post. Sort of came across negative and if you(or a loved one) works for the USPS my apologies. To be fair there is some positive things to talk about in terms of USPS performance. At least no one died due to poor performance and lack if intellectual integrity like the VA.

I have to take issue with this. As a vendor and buyer on Ebay I have shipped and received literally hundreds of packages and have never had one lost, and only a couple delayed. In fact a friend shipped me some stuff priority mail from the Bay area and I had it in Virginia in 2 (that's TWO) days for a $5.95 box. Lets see FedEx or Un Professional Shipping(UPS) do that. Maybe its area dependent. I have noticed that the closer you get to the border with Mexico, the service suffers. If you think the USPS is bad, go to another country. In fact that's pretty true of most things.

I Don't subscribe to the whole "if you think it's bad here you should see it here" stuff. We should keep our standards high, hold accountable and strive to be the best. That includes the usps or anyone else

Maybe a good reason to ship expensive items as adult sig required.

There is a several page thread on another board concerning signature required packages. Many were offended someone would require them to sign and refuse to buy from such sellers. That would raise a big flag if I were a seller.

Truly, where I live I have less trouble with the USPS than with either Gas-X or UPyourS, but your results may vary.

There is a several page thread on another board concerning signature required packages. Many were offended someone would require them to sign and refuse to buy from such sellers. That would raise a big flag if I were a seller.
Yep. I have a buddy who is in internet sales of electronic gear. He lost nearly 10K at Xmas alone due to this crap.

I have to take issue with this. As a vendor and buyer on Ebay I have shipped and received literally hundreds of packages and have never had one lost, and only a couple delayed. In fact a friend shipped me some stuff priority mail from the Bay area and I had it in Virginia in 2 (that's TWO) days for a $5.95 box. Lets see FedEx or Un Professional Shipping(UPS) do that. Maybe its area dependent. I have noticed that the closer you get to the border with Mexico, the service suffers. If you think the USPS is bad, go to another country. In fact that's pretty true of most things.

Maggot,
I too ship extensively so its odd that our experiences are so different. And I wont discount your experiences......despite what Frank says. :^)

I would also agree with Killswitch's comment.

While I dont like many of the Fed Ex/UPS policies and business practices they are pretty consistant and I can work around that.

USPS does not have consistant practices which is intrinsically problematic. If the practices are not common it is impossible to measure key performance indicators and compare with any level of accuracy. As shooters everyone knows if you cant measure it you cant fix it. I would also like to address your example of getting an item in a flat rate box in two days. I completely believe that occured however that is not a time frame that they commit to replicate. For the sake of discussion I would suggest that the price of that flat rate box is not a sustainable offering if they were not subsidized.

If I am sending something I can afford to resend or lose then USPS is fine and the flat rate boxes are great. Anything else goes UPS.

Lastly, my comments about being a mouth breathing, paste eating window licker was not a general indictment of all postal workers. Didn't mean to offend the other two.

Maggot,
I too ship extensively so its odd that our experiences are so different. And I wont discount your experiences......despite what Frank says. :^)

I would also agree with Killswitch's comment.

While I dont like many of the Fed Ex/UPS policies and business practices they are pretty consistant and I can work around that.

USPS does not have consistant practices which is intrinsically problematic. If the practices are not common it is impossible to measure key performance indicators and compare with any level of accuracy. As shooters everyone knows if you cant measure it you cant fix it. I would also like to address your example of getting an item in a flat rate box in two days. I completely believe that occured however that is not a time frame that they commit to replicate. For the sake of discussion I would suggest that the price of that flat rate box is not a sustainable offering if they were not subsidized.

If I am sending something I can afford to resend or lose then USPS is fine and the flat rate boxes are great. Anything else goes UPS.

Lastly, my comments about being a mouth breathing, paste eating window licker was not a general indictment of all postal workers. Didn't mean to offend the other two.

Overall I tend to agree with you. If its very valuable, or very important, I go with FedEx, screw UnProfessionalShippers. But the two days from SF to Virginia has happened several times, and as you said, no doubt at least in part due to the subsidy.

And its so nice to know that Frank cares....#:<)-

I wouldn't trust the USPS to be able to competently pour piss out of a boot
Fedex all the way.

I'm with this one. My UPS driver is so fat he can BARELY get in and out of the truck. One say I watched him heave a package 10 feet onto my porch so he wouldn't have to walk his lard ass any further. Scared the hell out of him when I opened the door and shouted "Hey, Chief, you reckon that package may be broken?" "Naw,"he puffed, caught with his hand in the cookie jar, "I know its not." "That's good!" i said. "i'll be sure to tell your supervisor." He hasn't tossed a package since.

The bitch of it is, my Fed Ex and USPS drivers are even WORSE.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk HD

Heh, at least you don't have to deal with DHL. I don't think I have ever received a package from them that wasn't damaged and had a fist sized hole in the side of the box.

UPS/FedEx have always been great for me. After years of shipping packages with both of them, they've only lost one package. That one was due to a plane crash so I can't fault them too much for that.

USPS however has lost numerous packages I've tried to send or receive. Even today I've had to open up an eBay claim for an undelivered item.

Stay away from FedEx Ground though. Different division and different structure than FedEx. I always feel uneasy sending something via FedEx Ground.

If you have a PO Box, USPS is THE way to go IMO. No bullshit, faster (but you gotta pick it up) and you can have Fedex and UPS deliver to a PO Box if you know how. They perform other services like sign for certain packages for you. I know my local post office personnel well and by name.

Recently I paid Fedex $30 for overnight, but got it two days later, late in the afternoon. Had same package been delivered by USPS Priority Mail, I'd have received it the same day but in the morning and it would have cost $5. Since Fedex won't refund to me, who paid for it, only the sender, I have to go through a bunch of shit, likely designed to make me give up, in order to rectify the charges. Wow.

I HATE using anyone but USPS. UPS and Fedex consistently fuck up, from leaving packages on the side of the road, delivering elsewhere, saying I wasn't home when I was, delivering other folk's packages here, etc. All this grief and I only use them when forced to. They fuck up less if you have them send the package to USPS instead of your house, but they've managed to fuck that up before as well just much less often.

End of the day, a PO Box is the way to go for USPS and Fedex and UPS alike. It works better and cuts out a lot of the problems associated with dealing with the three.