• Watch Out for Scammers!

We've now added a color code for all accounts. Orange accounts are new members, Blue are full members, and Green are Supporters. If you get a message about a sale from an orange account, make sure you pay attention before sending any money!

USPS problem!!

Texar2

Sergeant
Minuteman
Aug 9, 2008
Texas
I need help! Forgive me, I am not sure where to post this but I need some advice. The USPS has lost my money order for 1,000. I was using it to buy a stock in the f/s section. It was sent next day air on 3-21 and they have no idea where it is. I filed a claim but am told that it will be several months before I get a refund. Does anybody here have experience with this or have any ideas as to how to speed up this process? Thanks in advance. Any advice is appreciated.

Good luck, USPS Insurance is a joke, I've had similar experience and yes, you will wait a few months most likely.

on the back of the part of the money order you should have kept...."present this receipt and file a claim for a refund at your Post Office. An Inquiry form 6401 may be filled out at any time for a fee. A replacement will not be issued until 60 days after the money order purchase date, provided the money order has not been paid."

good luck

Affirmative action is what its called!! U will be lucky to get anything out of them idiots, good luck though.

Texar2,
Sorry that happened. File a claim as quickly as possible to get the process started. It might show up. I had packages shipped that the usps told me were never shipped until a really sweet elderly neighbor left a note on my mail box saying she has 6 heavy boxes that the post office had misdelivered over a week ago and they would not come pick them up. And she was not strong enough to lift even one herself.

Finally with note in hand I spoke again to the post master who then seemed to blame it on the neighbor lady. So, eventually, my packages did make it to me.

While I have no proof of my following statement my experiences are that NEVER, NEVER, NEVER put anything that sounds remotely like firearms related names on a USPS package. The insurance, I am convinced, is just another revenue source for them and I have never had any luck with that. After years of shipping packages with expensive items I have given up on the postal service.

Next time go with UPS....got my fingers crossed for you

Thanks for the help guys. I filed a claim and will have to wait now. USPS is the only option in our small town. I hope they like their 0% interest loan.

I had USPS lose one for $800 for rent about 6 months ago. Filed out the required form and 60 days later I did get a replacement money order. But if I recall correctly you have to wait 30 days before you can file the paperwork.

Sorry to hear about your trouble. I only send things USPS when it's not important, or of any value. Government run shit is just that, shit. They have no insentive to care. They don't even have real time tracking like UPS or Federal Express.