• Watch Out for Scammers!

We've now added a color code for all accounts. Orange accounts are new members, Blue are full members, and Green are Supporters. If you get a message about a sale from an orange account, make sure you pay attention before sending any money!

USSC opinion...discuss

So instead; they intend to destroy the Electoral College outright.

True staunch patriots , all...

Come Jan 21, 2021; all bets are off, no matter who "wins".

Reactions: SilentStalkr
The way I read it the electors must support the winner OF THE STATES popular vote.

This is as the system was designed.

The left is trying to get the electors to support the winner of THE NATIONAL popular vote, which would destroy the intent fo the electoral college - making cities the primary vote concern rather than the sovereign states.

Havent read it but my reading of the headlines is that states can require their electors to support THE STATES popular vote.

Quick read....

This gets rid of the threat (as was tried in 2016) to have "faithless electors" vote for whoever they wanted to rather than that states popular vote winner.

This just ensures that the electoral college does not disconnect from the citizen voters and become their own backroom deal making cabal.

What needs to be decided is if a state can legislatively disconnect its voting citizens from their STATE vote results and force Electors to vote for the winner of the NATIONAL popular vote.

Some state have done this legislatively already.

Basically they have told their citizens "We dont give a shit what you want in Wyoming. You are going to get what New York, Chicago, and Houston want you to get!" (Wyoming only used as an example....I dont think they adopted the legislation - but I know a few states have.)

This last is a travesty of the Constitution and needs to be struck down. Ditto "Rank Choice Voting".

We do not operate on "Majority Rule" in this Republic.

Quick read....

This gets rid of the threat (as was tried in 2016) to have "faithless electors" vote for whoever they wanted to rather than that states popular vote winner.

This just ensures that the electoral college does not disconnect from the citizen voters and become their own backroom deal making cabal.

What needs to be decided is if a state can legislatively disconnect its voting citizens from their STATE vote results and force Electors to vote for the winner of the NATIONAL popular vote.

Some state have done this legislatively already.

Basically they have told their citizens "We dont give a shit what you want in Wyoming. You are going to get what New York, Chicago, and Houston want you to get!" (Wyoming only used as an example....I dont think they adopted the legislation - but I know a few states have.)

This last is a travesty of the Constitution and needs to be struck down. Ditto "Rank Choice Voting".

We do not operate on "Majority Rule" in this Republic.

Yes, if it’s mandating the reps vote for who won the state then that’s one thing, if it’s admitting it’s ok to go away from the way the electoral college was intended, that’s quite another. And, as you mention some states have already moved to rid themselves of the electoral college. That’s what the ruling needs to be about.

Reactions: pmclaine
The way I read it it seems limited to whether or not the State can penalize or remove electors. The justification by Kagen seemed like typical leftist bullshit.

I'll give Kagan one thing....she doesn't do near the mental gymnastics Roberts does when he acts to fuck the Constitution.

Almost seems she has a sense of "shame" where Roberts has none.