• Watch Out for Scammers!

We've now added a color code for all accounts. Orange accounts are new members, Blue are full members, and Green are Supporters. If you get a message about a sale from an orange account, make sure you pay attention before sending any money!

Hunting & Fishing Utah Bowhunt opener W/pics

coldboremiracle

Freelance Sharpshooter
Minuteman
  • Jul 7, 2009
    Utah, north
    www.coldboremiracle.com
    So today was the first day of the bowhunt in Utah. My cousin and I went up to our favorite spot, and found the deer right where we had left them last night. we saw a total of 7 bucks this morning, two 4 points, two 3X4's and the rest were nothing to write home about. I was spoting from about 900yds away when My cousin put the stalk on several different deer, the first one was only 19yds away from him, but due to the thick brush, no shot was given. Thats him the left of the two deer.
    DSCF5305.jpg

DSCF5307.jpg

This was a different and better buck that I spotted a bit later, as my cousin closed the distance,the deer went into some trees and doubled back. We were both unaware to the deer's new heading, and they bumped right into eachother, about 50 ft.Busted.
    DSCF5312.jpg

DSCF5311.jpg

Sorry the pics aren't any better, the wind was blowing about 30mph, and I couldn't zoom in and hold still. we'll try it again tomorrow.
    grin.gif

Re: Utah Bowhunt opener W/pics

Spot and stalk mulies is one of the best past times there is, good luck with the hunt.

Re: Utah Bowhunt opener W/pics

Wish I was there with you guys. My first Mulie hunt this year is still 6 weeks away. Enjoy, your hunt and don't forget to post the tagged out photo's.