• Watch Out for Scammers!

We've now added a color code for all accounts. Orange accounts are new members, Blue are full members, and Green are Supporters. If you get a message about a sale from an orange account, make sure you pay attention before sending any money!

UTAH- North Springs .22 Challenge

RodneyDowns

Sergeant
Minuteman
22RF1-1.jpg

We are looking to start having a .22RF competition at the North Springs Range outside of Price, Utah. It will be similar to the Cheapskate shoot for those of you familiar with that shoot.

Our 1st Match will be held on Saturday May 5th.

We already have the Cheapskate shoot in Utah county and this is to give the good folks down in Carbon County a closer venue. Of course everyone is welcome to attend no matter where you come from.
The plan is to have this competition the 1st Saturday of each month. The 1st one will be held on May 5th.

This IS NOT a sign up post, just a heads up so that you all know its coming soon. I will post more info after the Carbine only shoot next month after Ive scoped it out and inventoried targets.

Cost to compete will be $2-3 plus the range charges a $5 range fee.
Round count, target max distance, bla bla bla is yet to be determined.
One thing Im pretty sure about is that we will most likely only have a maximum of two paper stages. The rest will be reactive steel.
I also plan to have two Classes of shooters just like Cheapskate. The advanced class will have to earn the right to stay in that class each shoot and the lowest scoring 2-3 shooters each month will drop down to the other class (no matter what their score) until they earn their way back by reaching a minimum required score in the lower class. The advanved class will be kept very competitive. For the lower class you will need to reach a certain % of the total possible score to earn the right to move up to the higher class and if several people reach that % only the top 2-3 score will advance.

Oh yes, We will most likey shoot Pistol and rifle both. And it may end up developing into bolt action and semi-auto classes also for the rifles but that is a lot more work so well see what happens and how involved everyone wants to get as far as helping out. Available space may also be an issue for that.

Anyway, more details later once we get a chance to figure it all out. Stay Tuned.

Re: UTAH- North Springs .22 Challenge

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: utahstroke</div><div class="ubbcode-body">.... how about a Senior class. Ha. </div></div>

Oh, Leo, dont think I forgot about you....
Its in the works. There will be a Cane stage (One handed pistol while supporting yourself with your cane.) The Walker supported stage ( you are allowed to rest your gun on your walker) The shooting on the move stage I like to call the Little Rascal. And finaly the precision shooting from the hole in the ground (where you shoot your epitaph into the headstone just before we pour the dirt down on you.)

Oh Hell!! With all this .22 match stuff happening latley my rifle ADD is going to be kicking in full strength. Who builds a pimpin match .22??

Don't need no stickin pimped out .22 to compete in these matches. I won the January Cheapskate match with this little 'ol thang with it's 1.5-5 scope.

b4571a56.jpg

I won the best looking rifle contest too
whistle.gif
......The rifle, not me
cool.gif

6.5x47

Allen, that thing is pretty pimpin! I would definetly need more magnification..don't know how you do it.

Eric,

Going out to 100 wasn't too difficult. Knowing this past weeks match was out to 200 for the advance group, I screwed on my NF 2.5-10. Worked like a champ too.

Alan

Alan,
you need more power than that nightforce has. Remember if you cant see it you cant hit it. haha
Chris

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: yotedog65284</div><div class="ubbcode-body">Alan,
you need more power than that nightforce has. Remember if you cant see it you cant hit it. haha
Chris </div></div>

And even then its iffy....
smile.gif

<span style="color: #3333FF"><span style="font-weight: bold">North Springs .22LR Challenge - Qualifier Match
Date: Saturday May 5th 2012
Time: Match starts at 9:00 am</span></span>
Plan on arriving NO LATER THAN 8:45 for the safety meeting. Those who show up after the safety meeting will not be allowed to compete.
Cost: $5 range fee, $3 competition fee
Come test your .22 Rimfire skills at the North Springs range south of Price, Utah.
All ages are welcome to come and compete. Strict safety rules will be Enforced so ALL shooters are required to know basic firearm safety.
Whether you’re an advanced shooter or just want to have some fun shooting .22’s this is the place to do it. Fun for all ages. Meet new friends and improve your shooting skills.
This 1st “Qualifier”match will separate the men from the boys and following matches will be divided into two groups of Basic and Advanced. The Advanced group (10-12 shooters max) will have to earn their spot each month to stay in the Advanced group. Shooters in the Basic group will be able to earn a spot in the Advanced group. If your just there to have fun and aren’t interested in the advanced shooting that’s fine also.
If turn out is high following matches may evolve into a Friday evening Youth or Family shoot and a Saturday Advanced competition.
Targets will be both paper and reactive Steel out to 100 yards for the 1st match. Advanced shooters after that will shoot out to 200 yards or beyond (possibly 350 yards) and may include Pistols as well as rifles.

I would like to come down and shoot this comp. is there a campground ar trailer park nearby to stay in the night before?

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: higa</div><div class="ubbcode-body">I would like to come down and shoot this comp. is there a campground ar trailer park nearby to stay in the night before? </div></div>

Yes sir,
There are two campgrounds on the range property. No extra charge I dont think. Youll have to check on that to be sure though.

Have you thought about opening to any rimfire .22 LR or smaller? I've got a very nice .17 HMR I'd love to use at these.

IMO a HMR would have a very unfair advantage... lol Might have to double your distances... lol

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: SNAGLYTOOTH</div><div class="ubbcode-body">Oh Hell!! With all this .22 match stuff happening latley my rifle ADD is going to be kicking in full strength. Who builds a pimpin match .22??
</div></div>

+100

I'm on the prowl for one right now!!!
grin.gif

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: FUDwacked</div><div class="ubbcode-body">Have you thought about opening to any rimfire .22 LR or smaller? I've got a very nice .17 HMR I'd love to use at these. </div></div>

No, for the reason Clayne_b stated below your post. Shooting 17 hmr against .22LR is like shooting .22LR against .22 air rifle. Not in the same class.

Alright, I'm game. Put me down for attending.