• Watch Out for Scammers!

We've now added a color code for all accounts. Orange accounts are new members, Blue are full members, and Green are Supporters. If you get a message about a sale from an orange account, make sure you pay attention before sending any money!

Member Link Up Utah shooters let's go shoot a mile

I only have a .308 so I won't be shooting to a mile but I'd be interested to see some others try. I do go out in the desert and shoot if any other SLC locals want to get together.

I'll shoot you a note next time we are heading out. We meet up at the 600 yard Centerville range a bunch too

Reactions: kocustoms
I love SLC and am a ski bum... always say I want to move there....

But tell me... can you just go out to a random place in the desert and shoot a mile ? i need info on this lol

Reactions: Huskydriver
I love SLC and am a ski bum... always say I want to move there....

But tell me... can you just go out to a random place in the desert and shoot a mile ? i need info on this lol

Yes...yes you can. I have a spot about 40 mim from downtown.

Several spots actually

Stuff like that just blows my mind... most of NC is privet property.. and what the state or feds own you cant shoot on...and if you could there would be so many people out there it would be a cluster fuck of epic proportions..

So pretty much just hit I-80 and keep driving west until you find a good spot ? lol

The farthest I have gone out that way when on my yearly vacation is the "the great saltare state park" lol

Stuff like that just blows my mind... most of NC is privet property.. and what the state or feds own you cant shoot on...and if you could there would be so many people out there it would be a cluster fuck of epic proportions..

So pretty much just hit I-80 and keep driving west until you find a good spot ? lol

The farthest I have gone out that way when on my yearly vacation is the "the great saltare state park" lol

Yep keep heading west and and get off any exit basically from just past grantsville all the way to the stateline. Pm me if your out this way again and I can give you an exact location to a few good elr spots.

Reactions: Blaster7Romeo
A little late but another Utahn here checking in. I'm in the SLC area and looking to buy an Accuracy International rifle or chassis and build something up. Hopefully I can take it out to a mile before winter!

A little late but another Utahn here checking in. I'm in the SLC area and looking to buy an Accuracy International rifle or chassis and build something up. Hopefully I can take it out to a mile before winter!
A couple of us run AI's 😁...we shoot together usually once or twice a week up here in Davis county

IMG-20200901-WA0000.jpg

Reactions: sinister
A couple of us run AI's 😁...we shoot together usually once or twice a week up here in Davis county

That looks like a pile of fun. I'll get in touch when I finally have a gun, I'm looking at an Accuracy International AE right now, its not exactly what I wanted but I'm sure it'll be plenty good for a few years of learning.

Reactions: Mr. F
I'm planning on going down to Price to check out the North Springs Range this Thursday (9/24) if anyone would like to join.

It's a nice range. Alot of us shoot together in Centerville at the 600 yard private range

It's a nice range. Alot of us shoot together in Centerville at the 600 yard private range

Centerville Small Arms? I haven't been there but I came across it while looking for service rifle matches in Utah.

I think I'll try to make one of the matches in October if only just to watch, meet some people and get a feel for the range.

Centerville Small Arms? I haven't been there but I came across it while looking for service rifle matches in Utah.

I think I'll try to make one of the matches in October if only just to watch, meet some people and get a feel for the range.

F class is boring as hell but if that's your cup there are some great sling shooters up there...I think the service rifle matches are getting less and less populated...I'm a member solely because besides sat morning on match days and the few times a year the pd have it reserved, I'm usually by myself up there or just with the crew... No rso big boy range

That and it's 5 min from my driveway lol

5 minutes is super convenient

I’ve never shot F class, it does look boring. My favorite type of shooting is at steel with my bolt guns.

I’ve looked into high power/service rifle as a way to get back into shooting ARs. I’ve shot 3 gun, ARs with all sorts of optics but they just don’t do it for me. My favorite AR-15 to shoot is a 20” carry handle gun so I’m thinking service rifle matches might be fun

I shoot .308, 5.56 and now 300 Norma mostly down in Utah county. I do shoot just off the Delle exit on I -80 from time to time. I wouldn't mind driving a bit to some new spots and/or people.

Reactions: Huskydriver
I shoot .308, 5.56 and now 300 Norma mostly down in Utah county. I do shoot just off the Delle exit on I -80 from time to time. I wouldn't mind driving a bit to some new spots and/or people.

There is a group of us on here who shoot together up here in Davis county but that's a drive for you