• Watch Out for Scammers!

We've now added a color code for all accounts. Orange accounts are new members, Blue are full members, and Green are Supporters. If you get a message about a sale from an orange account, make sure you pay attention before sending any money!

• Site updates coming next Wednesday at 8am CT!

The site will be down for routine maintenance on Wednesday 6/5 starting at 8am CT. If you have any questions, please PM alexj-12!

Utah Shootouts 3/13 Practical Rifle

desertratdad

Sergeant
Minuteman
Aug 9, 2005
SLC UT
www.utahshootouts.com
Last shooting match for the foreseeable future.
Mar. 13, 2010
10:00 am to 2:00 pm
Practical Rifle
50 rounds max.
100 yds to 1000 yds Easy and not so easy targets.
Prone, sitting, standing. Mostly a one shot per target match.

The turning and moving targets are froze up still. So no need to bring a carbine for that.
Shoot all you want before the match starts.

My work schedule went to crap. I hate it when I have to work for a living. At 60 years old I was hoping to slow down some, not put in more hours. Just won't be able to keep the schedule going as far as monthly matches goes. After two years with about 16 or 18 matches, I hate to give it up. Got a lot of effort invested. Had a lot of fun trying to keep long distance events going. And trying to utilize the great range they have out in Price, trying about every other shooting discipline some time or another in our matches.

I sure hope someone will try to get something going. Grandpa would still like to shoot some long distance practical comps whenever he can.

Thanks to all who supported the effort. Clint

Re: Utah Shootouts 3/13 Practical Rifle

Clint I just sent you a PM and this thread just answered my question. I cant make down this month I got one of the damn job thingys to but I am sad to see your matches come to an end I had a lot of fun shooting with the crew down in Price.
If you want a Duracoat certificate for this match let me know

Tucker

Sorry to hear that clint. Thanks for all the effort you put in over the past few years. It was great shooting with you.

Take care,

Clint, I enjoyed the variety of targets, terrain, and weather at Price. You did an excellant job with your courses of fire and matches. Hope you get a chance to shoot with us in Vegas.

Roger

Had people contact me about keeping the matches going. There will be some there tomorrow.

If you think you might be able to volunteer sometimes, please let me know.

Clint

Not to worry guys. Between Clint, Bob and I and some volunteers we're going to keep the Utah shoots going. We had a great time today; 12 shooters. Clint was on fire on the timed course hitting all from 200 to 600 in 16.something seconds. Snow didn't start flying until around 1 pm'ish.

Alan

This is awesome. Maybe Ill be able to make it out to one of these when I get my gun this summer. Id love to meet some of you from UT and learn.