• Watch Out for Scammers!

We've now added a color code for all accounts. Orange accounts are new members, Blue are full members, and Green are Supporters. If you get a message about a sale from an orange account, make sure you pay attention before sending any money!

UTAH SHOOTOUTS -July 10 - VIDEO

desertratdad

Sergeant
Minuteman
Aug 9, 2005
SLC UT
www.utahshootouts.com
Video of July 10 match
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=MaYIVC5eats

Utah Shootouts
July 10, 2010
Practical Precision Rifle and Carbine Match

North Springs Shooting Range, Price, Ut

Sign In starts 8:30 am
Practice time till Shooter Mtg at 9:30
Cost $5 to range office
$10 donation to ammo can
Round count up to 40 precision, 30 carbine (or any semi auto)

We should be able to join the pistol shooters about the time we are done again.

We are gearing up for the Utah State Sniper Shoot this year, Sept 11. You will need all the precision rifle, carbine and pistol practice you can get. The website needs some work but the notice is up there. I'll get a notice up here soon.

Thanks, Clint

Re: UTAH SHOOTOUTS - precision & carbine - July 10

Clint, I will be there on the 10th.

I can't wait to try the big shoot in sept. It sounds like a really good time. Is it all shot in one day, or is it a two day event?

I'd like to try and make it! I need to knock the dust off of my collection. Maybe try out some new toys!

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: SNAGLYTOOTH</div><div class="ubbcode-body">Clint, I will be there on the 10th.

I can't wait to try the big shoot in sept. It sounds like a really good time. Is it all shot in one day, or is it a two day event? </div></div>

It will be a one day event.

However, the thought has crossed my mind for anyone that want to stick around, to have a night shoot Saturday night. As it gets darker, see what optics can or can't do at what distances. Have to see if there is any interest in this. Would have to clear this with the range master, but he's the one that asked me to do a night shoot before.

Or Sunday morning if anyone wanted to reshoot any of the stages just for fun. (in case they didn't have any fun on Saturday)

I have a question regarding the carbine portion, is this going to be "precision" carbine as well or is it a 3 gun format match with rifle used for the precision targets, and carbine / pistol for close range targets? I bring this up because if the my carbine config is to shoot at hostage/ targets at 100yds standing off hand requiring precision, then a red dot just won't cut it for the carbines...

To answer your question maybe I'll tell you what we have shot in the past and what a person can expect. The smallest targets or highest scoring areas are no smaller that about 3 inches, usually bigger, at a hundred yards. Moving targets are 8 to 10 inches at 50 or 100 yds.

Usually we are standing or shooting off barricades.

We will not be using two different guns on the same stage as in 3 gun comps.

We don't have an exact COF yet for Sept., but July 10 I think we'll try a new stage I programed in the computer for the turning targets that can face either direction (good guy, bad guy). Each shooters target will turn at different times than others in either direction.

No need for sub moa groups with a carbine on 9/11.

Need for quick decisions, sight picture and trigger pull.

So I guess you can take your pick of scopes. Or try different ones till Sept.

Thanks, Clint

Clint,

Sounds like alot of fun! I have an Antelope hunt booked from the 9th, 10th, 11th and 12th. However most guys tag out 1st or 2nd day. If I pre-register can I withdraw if I need to? I would probably come down with Eric & Leo Williams and would want to shoot with their squad.

Thanks, Zac

Clint,

I was referring to September Utah State Sniper Match in my earlier post, but I am Hoping to make the July 10th shoot as well!

Thanks,

Z

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: MilDotZ</div><div class="ubbcode-body">Clint,

Sounds like alot of fun! I have an Antelope hunt booked from the 9th, 10th, 11th and 12th. However most guys tag out 1st or 2nd day. If I pre-register can I withdraw if I need to? I would probably come down with Eric & Leo Williams and would want to shoot with their squad.

Thanks, Zac
</div></div>

Zac, I got no problem with that. I can send the money back.

Being a designated sniper shoot, a lot of LE people's schedule can change unexpectedly. There is usually about as many late entries as exits.

I even believe them when a swat member calls and says the dept check is in the mail.

I would expect to see a picture of that pronghorn you get though.

Will be trying some new stuff this month.

Just talked to Alan, he will be setting up a over the cliff edge stage in a secret location away from the range. This will make our over the edge stages in the past look like childs play.

We'll be trying the most complicated programing I've done yet on the computerized turning targets. Should be fun to shoot.

We'll do some paper and steel with Robert and Bob again. I hope Bob does a timed stage of the 5 distances again so I can beat Eric's record.

Sounds like we are in store for a great day of shooting! can't wait.

Clint, I got lucky with the timed stage last time! I wish I could tell you I have got this 260 figured out but I don't
frown.gif

Just an FYI James, Zack and Ron will likely be riding down with me.

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: SNAGLYTOOTH</div><div class="ubbcode-body">Sounds like we are in store for a great day of shooting! can't wait.

Clint, I got lucky with the timed stage last time </div></div>

Ain't the definition of lucky "where training and opportunity meet?

Ya you were lucky.

Had a blast! I really enjoyed myself as did the two guests I brought. I think we have a new convert.

Robert, I really enjoyed your paper match, especially the "Know your Limit's" stage. I pushed it when I shouldn't have too.

Bob, wonder if color coding the steel on the 600 yd range might help determining which was which.

Any one have any suggestions for "Over the Edge" for next month and subsequently the State match in Sept.

Alan

Hi all,
That was a fun day of shootin. It was my first time doing any thing like that. Most of the stages were great. The over the edge was a little unorganized. All in all it was great.
Thanks Chris

Just got home from the range. I'll get the scores organized to put up on the website. Website is down for now, Ben is giving it a new home etc. I'll get scores & COF posted there hopefully the next day or two.

When I wake up I'll start working on putting a video together of the match.

Clint

Clint,
All in all a great match, if we split up into 2 squads it may have moved a little faster. Also the over the edge could have been a little more uniformed, 1 shooter at a time from same position. Food for thought!

Thanks for all you do!

Zac

Ya, we had almost twice as many shooters (20) as I had guessed and tried a lot of new stuff. It didn't go as smoothly as we wanted. Thanks to the people stepping in and helping.

Robert is putting the scores together and will get them to me probably later today (or maybe put them up here).

Our website is still down, as soon as I can I'll get them up there.

Thanks, Clint

Haven't seen anything yet, but Clint's pretty busy and donates his personal time to do this.

Cheers,

Zac

Yea I'm just happy to be shooting and happy as hell he is still doing matches and thanks to everyone else who helps with the matches.

Re: UTAH SHOOTOUTS - July 10 - some numbers

Here's some scores for ya. You can put whatever point value you want on the steel and for your time. All steel on the 600 and 1000 yd ranges are 18". Over the edge were various sizes.

Name

1st # is total points for 100 yd paper. c/b, 3 shot group, hostage, KYL.

2nd # is total hits out of 5 shots on various distance steel from 200 to 600 yd.

3rd # is # of hits out of 4 various distance steel TIMED.

4th # is # of hits out of 3 on UKD 600 to 1000 yd steel

5th # is total # of points with 20 shots at good guy-bad guy turning target 50 yd w/carbine.

6th # is total hits out of 9 shots at 3 UKD steel over the edge.

Clint......55,5,2-14.85,1,124,3
Frank....-10,4,3-21.27,1,132,0
Ron......102,5,4-29.84,1,111,5
Zach W....73,5,4-27.28,0,146,7
Dale.......66,4,2-38.86,0,175,3
Bob......114,4,4-28.99,0,-,-
Zac M.....45,5,3-39.46,2,145,4
Keven....161,5,2-26.17,0,190,7
Stan.......40,5,3-35.12,1,78,9
Eric........55,5,4-9.32,2,85,2
Blake......65,5,4-21.46,1,176,6
Jeff .......51,5,4-35.27,0,-,-
Greg.....107,5,4-25.38,1,-,-
Robert...162,5,4-13.34,2,180,9
Chris......35,3,2-31.12,1,167,3
Craig.......5,4,3-32.02,2,175,2
Alan......104,5,4-22.73,1,154,8
Joe........25,3,3-24.31,0,168,4
Scott.....116,4,2-45.97,2,161,5
Dan.......129,5,4-39.92,1,127,4
Travis...............-,-,-,-,132,-

I'm glad Heather and her computer will be there in Sept.

I'll put up a better score sheet on the website. Ben is trying to teach me how to work everything I need to know on the new site. It may take a few days yet.

Please let me know if there are any other big masteaks.

Re: UTAH SHOOTOUTS - July 10 - some numbers

Just to let some of you guys know I have the complete breakdown of the scores on a excel sheet if you want I can e-mail it to ya just e-mail me at [email protected]