• Watch Out for Scammers!

We've now added a color code for all accounts. Orange accounts are new members, Blue are full members, and Green are Supporters. If you get a message about a sale from an orange account, make sure you pay attention before sending any money!

Utah Shootouts June 7, 2014 Team Challenge-RESULTS

desertratdad

Sergeant
Minuteman
Aug 9, 2005
SLC UT
www.utahshootouts.com
June 7, 2014 - Two shooter team match.
North Springs Shooting Range, Price, Ut.
Sign in 9:30
$7 to the range office
$20 to the match office, lunch included.
Bring 50 precision, 60 semi auto & 50 pistol rounds each shooter.
Match yourselves up as teams or we will match you up at sign in.
Your team score (500 points possible) will be your individual score for the series this year. Only 3 more match will count for the series.
Plan on this being an all day event.

We have about 12 shooters so far wanting to shoot 5/8/14.
PLEASE let me know if you plan on shooting so we can plan accordingly.

As of this moment we have 4 Safety Officers. We need two more. Since this will be a little more complicated, SO's will shoot the match (for free) Friday evening and Saturday morning so they can stay at their own stage and run the rest of the shooters through on Saturday. Please volunteer to help if you would.

We are trying this concept out and hopefully we can make it work for the state shoot too. I know it hasn't worked out very well to run the RO's through the COF for score the day before or week before other places in the Western states for long distance precision shooting. We will plan on shooting them through the long distance stage probably 9:00 am Saturday morning. If this seems to be an advantage wind wise maybe you will volunteer to be SO. I still don't like the idea of asking SO's to run squads through and not shoot their selves.

Maybe this is small town shooting matches or I'm old fashioned or what ever. I'll gladly let anyone put together and run a shooting match the way they want.
Thanks so much for your cooperation, any questions please ask,

Since my website may be down for a while with the calendar always updated, I can put you on my email list for monthly emails. Just let me know, [email protected]
Clint

Last edited:
The course of fire has not been finalized for this event yet but the intent was for hits from both team members be added together during the same par time. Which would be hard to impossible to separate the individual scores. I have entered about 5 team events through the years and only one was run like this (the others you could pick out or it was even posted the individual scores). This way seemed like more of a "team" effort. So your team member will really have an effect on your score. (if the best shooter is already taken, just come and have some fun shootin)

For those that can't stand to shoot with us in our team match, there is a NRA Range Safety Officer Class at the range the same day.

Call Scott at the range for more info 1 435 650 7728

We have about 15 or 16 to shoot so far. Keep letting me know if you plan on attending.

If there is anyone else that would help SO please let me know. SO's shoot for free Friday evening and or Saturday morning.

I'll be making a official announcement for the 6th Annual Utah State Sniper Shoot after the team challenge. As always the number of shooters will depend on how many SO's we get to help. We plan on having them shoot for free Friday and Saturday morning with non shooting SO's getting a pick off the prize table too.

Thanks to all those who gave me some good words the last few months. I'm feeling a lot better, have been out shooting many times. That always makes me feel good.

Have about 21 shooters so far for next Saturday.

Had Greg & Jeff helping haul steel over the edge today. I made them haul some heavier stuff. Hey, I deserve a break. I hauled
3 loads yesterday.

Got the team challenge all figured out and half set up. We'll be ready for you guys.

June 7, 2014 Team Challenge

1 – Alan G, Robert A – 368.75
2 – Jeff F, Greg H – 291.25
3 – Bryce B, Jim C – 266.25
4 – Curtis B, Steve R – 262.5
5 - Mike E, PJ R – 236.25
6 – Justin A, Kevin – 217.5
7 – Rob W, Mike M – 213.75
8 – Luke D, Ross R - 212
9 – Jake J, Garry B – 210
10 – Austin O, Brandon C – 203 75
11 – CJ C, Aaron G – 122.5
12 – Craig A, Shane N – 106.25
13 – Adam G, Rick B – 81.25

Wow, never did a team thing before even though we always try new stuff. Every one seemed to have fun so I guess it went good. Had two RO's that called in sick, so me and the odd numbered guy had to run stages #1 and #2 instead of shoot. Thanks for all the help setting up and running the stages you guys. I think we had a record number of new shooters to Utah Shootouts, TEN. What a joy it is to have those guys join us. Next month will be a lot simpler, Precision Rifle Only.

Three months and it's our Utah State Sniper Shoot. We have about 4 or 5 RO's offer to help. We need a few more to handle the shooters we normally have. If we could get Assistant RO's to help spot and or score I'd give them $100 off of the $125 shooter fee. SO's shoot for free.

My website is still down, if you want monthly emails of schedules and updates, send me your email address and I'll put you on the list.