• Watch Out for Scammers!

We've now added a color code for all accounts. Orange accounts are new members, Blue are full members, and Green are Supporters. If you get a message about a sale from an orange account, make sure you pay attention before sending any money!

• The site has been updated!

If you notice any issues, please let us know below!

VIEW THREAD

Utah Shootouts March 10, 2012 " VIDEO"

Re: Utah Shootouts March 10, 2012 (no Feb shoot)

Can anyone that is staying for the pistol and carbine shoots give me a lift from slc?

Just a heads up for everyone. (sorry its so late but I didnt get a chance to test it out until last night)
We will have 1 stage - 2 shots total - shooting from the "Urban Prone" position.
See link: http://artoftherifle.blogspot.com/2011/12/urban-prone.html
Range will be 200 yards. 1 shot under a barrier, one over.
This isnt about figuring out windage and elevation adjustments. Its about being able to hold the gun on target to take the shot. Thats why I'm giving a heads up. I wish I could have tested it sooner to post earlier.

With my 260, shooting a 140gr bullet at 2914fps, my adjustments from my 100 yards zero is 1.1 mil down elevation turret / 1.8 mil left windage turret. Thats laying the gun on the right side. Laying the gun on its left side would still be 1.1 mils down but 1.8 mil right.

So, if you can, you need to know your adjustments to hit at 200 yards with the gun rotated 90* on its side.

Can anyone that is staying for the pistol and carbine shoots give me a lift from slc?

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: fireguyty</div><div class="ubbcode-body">I have been meaning to get up there and shoot with you guys. I can't make it the 10th, but If you could put my email in the mailing list you were talking about I'd appreciate it.

[email protected]

How long to drive to Price from Vegas? </div></div>

about 6 Hours from sin city give or take a bit

I had a great time at the competition today. The range was great. I wish we had a range like that close to SLC.

I look forward to joining you guys for more competitions this spring and summer.

Rob

Nice that sounds like fun only if I didn't have to work
anyone have any Pictures from the competition today

Had a great time, burnt the crap out of my neck. shot decent i guess. thanks all ! Hope to.see you next time!

Thank you Clint and Rodney. Had a blast today. Perfect weather, great people and decent shooting!!

Congrats to Mr Yotedog65284 You sir are on fire!

Had a great time. Nice to see everyone again!

Burned my face as well. No excuse, had sunscreen in my bag and didn't think to use it.

Outstanding Job, Rodney and Clint!!!! Had a great time, could have shot better, the COF stages were great and great people.
Again thanks for a Super match

Yea guys thanks for putting that together. What a great way to spend the day shooting.

Thanks for all the kind words. Thank you so much Eric for risking your life for a target.

Who's range finder is this here?

I'll get to work on a video when I get home tonight.

Thanks for all your help you guys!!!!!!!

Clint

Here are the scores:
2012ShootoutRiflescores-1.jpg

2012shootoutCarbineScores.jpg

It was a long competition Yesterday. The next one wont be as long.

Great Job Yotedog!
Perfect weather. 30 Long Range shooters total. It was great to meet all the new shooters. There were a LOT of new faces this shoot.

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: desertratdad</div><div class="ubbcode-body">
<span style="font-weight: bold">Who's range finder is this here?</span>
</div></div>

That would be mine. Leupold RXB-IV mossy oak. I thought about it this morning. I had let someone use them for the carbine shoot and forgot to get them. If you have them with you in SLC I'll have my sister drop by and pick them up if that's OK?

I should have realized when I went back for my shooting mat. But alas I'm a dumb ass. Thanks.

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: Doogie</div><div class="ubbcode-body"><div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: desertratdad</div><div class="ubbcode-body">
<span style="font-weight: bold">Who's range finder is this here?</span>
</div></div>

That would be mine. Leupold RXB-IV mossy oak. I thought about it this morning. I had let someone use them for the carbine shoot and forgot to get them. If you have them with you in SLC I'll have my sister drop by and pick them up if that's OK?

I should have realized when I went back for my shooting mat. But alas I'm a dumb ass. Thanks. </div></div>

Just got home and have it here. Give me a call and we'll get it back to you. 801 599 1574.

Clint

P.S.
I got the pistol targets working today again. They are alive and well.

To all of you that put on the shoot. Thanks!

This was my first LR shoot and my areas of improvement were extremely evident but that was awesome. Hopefully next time I make it down i'll be able to compete at a little better level.

It was an awesome day overall, so thanks again.

BTW Rob nice shooting on the know your limit at 300! you took the prize on that one.

Thanks. I really enjoyed the entire match, but that stage was the highlight of my day. I am looking forward to attending more Utah Shootout matches this year.

Is anyone from Salt Lake or heading through Salt Lake on their way to the Sniper's Hide Cup in Wyoming this June. Maybe we can get a few guys to ride together and split a hotel room.

Rob

Just curious, how did Nick Nielson score a 51.43 on the Ambush Valley? Is that a mistake, because everything else seems to be integers and not rational numbers?

Not that I'm complaining, hell knock him down a few more to make up for all the USPSA comps in which he's whipped my ass.

Thanks again for picking up my bino/rangefinder Clint. And if you need some more footage a few of us have some on our phones.

Thanks for putting on the match guys. The Over The Cliff and Ambush Valley were the highlights for me.

Not that it helps me really, but it looks like I didn't get my 12pts for the 600yd Bullseye.

My real-world dope was way higher than my my data card. Friday was a long day for me, since I got my truck stuck out at one of the places I shoot 1000yds+. I was jumping through fiery hoops to make it down to Price the night before, and didn't slip my scales for my fine-tuned POI dope.