• Watch Out for Scammers!

We've now added a color code for all accounts. Orange accounts are new members, Blue are full members, and Green are Supporters. If you get a message about a sale from an orange account, make sure you pay attention before sending any money!

Utah Shootouts - Practical Precision July 13, 2013

desertratdad

Sergeant
Minuteman
Aug 9, 2005
SLC UT
www.utahshootouts.com
Sign in 9:30 am, $25 (includes daily range fee)

North Springs Shooting Range, Price, Ut

Practical Precision Rifle 10:00 am till 1:00 pm

Carbine & pistol till 3:00 pm

Bring at least 40 rounds each gun

It might be a little warm.

Last edited:
Hey Clint... put me on the shooter list, will there be time to Zero rifle Robert, A

Everyone try to let me know if you plan on shooting.

You don't have to shoot all three guns to compete. Scores will be tallied after the precision rifle and then at the end of the day.

We'll probably do a short carbine stage before we leave the Edge venue

Only have 6 or 8 on the list. I need more than that to try out the new targets we have.

Bring ANY OTHER caliber you want, big, fast, etc. I want to see what kind of damage they do. We'll have a few just for testing.

Robert, I can't tell if you are telling me you'll be there early to sight in or asking if you can. The gate should be open by 8:00 so you can either way.

Ya I will be there early to sight in, was'nt sure when the gates open.
I will have my 338 edge so we will see what a 300 berger does to your "test" steel and see if we can tip some over :)

Had a great time as RO for B squad and enjoyed meeting the shooters who are new to our matches. I hope they stick with it. Thanks to Clint, Ron and Jeremy, that new over the edge targetry was a blast! As usual it was great to spend the day among friends shooting steel.

Talked to Clint some more and got the ok to get the AR stages moved to over the edge. We still have a lot of work to do over there befor September. Christian thanks for your input on the targets and your suggestions on the AR stages.

Precision Stages

Chris 253
Robert 192
Aaron 242
Ron 281
Jeramie 294
Brett 174
Russ 264
Christian 245
Lon 201
Greg 262
Steve 182
Shane 141
Clint 59 DNF
Dave 105

Carbine
Ron 30
Russ 19
Christian 21
Brett 25

Pistol (times)
Jeramie 15.67, 10.38
Lon 13.35, 9.17
Ron 13.09, 14.68
Russ 8.58, 8.79
Christian 17.58, 9.17
Brett 17.14, 16.33

Thanks for all the help today and discussion about matches, especially this Sept.

Man, dropping those points on that last stage hurt me.....

Great job to the Young boys and thanks for a good time Clint!

Thanks Russ, you had it tell that last stage. Thanks for your help with the pistol stage to that little tip you have me made a big difference.

Russ didn't give me no little tip. Geeeeze.

Hey, sorry we were running a little late. I wanted to do a carbine stage over the edge. That's what the 10 & 12" steel is for. But I got some good feed back about the 6.5's not making it react very good. Which would make a .223 even worse. I got this great urge to fix that problem. Or like Jeramie says smaller targets closer in.

I'm glad we got the carbine done on the 25 yd turners. I wanted to see how you guys did on a thinking outside the scope stage. For Ron we can cut the time in half.

Clint, I think you misheard me, it was some of the 6mm's not the 6.5s that we were having issues seeing feedback on the heavier plates on the over the edge.

Oh man, I was .5 off.

I was at the range for 6 days working on targets I built and Jeramie came out Monday and I watched as he shot his 6x47 and his 5.56. I could barely see the movement. So that's not good enough. I'll do something about that.

Saturday we shot the two spring loaded targets I built, they worked but someone shot two of the heads off the 10" spikes holding one of them down. Who was that? At 400 yards, that was about 1/32 moa shots. We'll put them in the bench rest class.

I'm back welding spring loaded ones. 8 more to go. Finished 27 hanging ones while at the range. Jeramie is welding up about twice that many.

We are going to need a lot of steel rod, pipe, rebar or the like for target stands. I keep asking around and have not got very much yet. Please, anyone that can get surplus, scrap or something it would really help out. It would save hundreds of dollars. I've spent too much already putting this stuff together. If someone would have come up with about ten thousand dollars to just buy all this target stuff it would have helped but couldn't find anyone. I just keep trying to imagine how good it's going to be all set up.

While I am going on and on, I'll be putting an update on the Official Proclamation for USSS 2013. That we will be shooting carbine out to about 250 yards and still no target less than 3 moa. We'll probably still do some 25 yd mover etc.

Thanks to all those that have been helping out.