• Watch Out for Scammers!

We've now added a color code for all accounts. Orange accounts are new members, Blue are full members, and Green are Supporters. If you get a message about a sale from an orange account, make sure you pay attention before sending any money!

Utah Shootouts Schedule 2013

desertratdad

Sergeant
Minuteman
Aug 9, 2005
SLC UT
www.utahshootouts.com
Utah Shootouts Notice
Sept. 27, 2012

The tentative schedule for 2013 so far is:
March 9
May 11
July 13
Sept 14 – 15. The Fifth Annual Utah State Sniper Shoot. I've already started a sign up list for USSS 2013. <span style="font-weight: bold"> Also taking offers to RO-SO.</span> Send first and last name and where you are from. Will announce later when payment is due, how many shooters we can handle, etc. Will be similar format to past matches I'm sure.

Could those who took pictures at the USSS 2012 please contact me. Sorry, I lost track of who you were. There are many people that would like to see your photos (including sponsors).

There were some interested in doing matches. Let me know when and what you would like to do.

Thanks for all your support this past year. Especially those brave souls who took the responsibility to run the squads through the course of fire (any input from you is always welcome). Detailed scores for USSS 2012 are on the website, click USSS 2012.

Because of projected costs for next year, prices will probably go up a bit. Always trying to improve.

Any questions, please ask.

Clint

If you want to be put on my monthly email list, please email me.

Re: Utah Shootouts Schedule 2013

In!

Hey Clint.....just curious....why only every other month?

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: MuleyTime</div><div class="ubbcode-body">In!

Hey Clint.....just curious....why only every other month? </div></div>

Well, a year ago, it was just getting too time consuming every month. The two guys that were helping do matches agreed so we cut back. I thought I would put up the four like last year and maybe fill in. I have a lot more time now days too. I was thinking on putting in a carbine only and a newby match, Ron and Jeramie Young said they wanted to do some so they are going to do one this November second Saturday. It will be a precision only, up to 1000 yards and 70 - 75 rounds. I told Ron today I'll get a notice up on the Hide.

If anyone has any more ideas, let me know.

I guess I better post some info for USSS 2013. Hell, I got 10 people on the list with 5 probables. The number of shooters will depend on how much help we get again. I've spent all day today scouting out and mapping out over the edge. Looks like we will be able to get more stages (which means more shooters). More details later.

A begginers match would be great. Myself and a couple of other guys I know would like to get started but it is a bit intimidating at first with all the talent that normally comes out. something not as competitive on the first match I think would go a long way for new shooters.

I sent you photos today I hope you get them.

I agree higa, I would like to attend a match like that. Instead of flat out getting my ass kicked the first time around ha ha!

Sounds good you guys. There are a few more that were interested in a learning type situation. Maybe next April. March is planned already. I'm not in a hurry just yet to get back to the range, my fingers are still thawing out from last Saturday.

FYI, got back yesterday from a week and a half at the range. Made significant headway for some great improvements for the practical precision rifle competitions at the North Springs Shooting Range.

Have not got any photos yet.

More specifically about improvements:

We are in the process of greatly improving the "Over the Edge" venue. Dozens of new permanent targets mostly 200 to 400 yards. Many new permanent shooting positions. (will make 100's of scenarios possible) Have one target set up at over 1000 yards. Still have to convince Scot it's far enough away from an oil well so we can shoot it.

When the snow melts in the Spring we could use some muscle to haul steel and build a fort. We have almost all the materials for these projects already.

Great to hear from you Russ.

Your buddy was down at the Crap Shoot in Vegas letting us all try out the latest in a side match a few weeks ago. I shot pretty bad, just over 1/4 inch group. Didn't get the prize. A lot of good comments about Desert Tactical Arms.

Put you on the list to shoot next year.

I can always use the help too.

Maybe see you in Park City Saturday.

This is the email notice I just sent out.

<span style="font-weight: bold">Utah Shootouts Update</span> 12/12/12

<span style="font-weight: bold">Utah State Sniper Shoot</span> Sept 14-15, 2013:
There are 27 requests for slots. Plus 6 of their buddies I don't have names for. We will be needing more Range Officers / Safety Officers. Total number of shooters depends on number of Officers.

<span style="font-weight: bold">Other Events:</span>
There will be practical precision matches as stated on our website www.utahshootouts.com also we'll fill in between with other shooting events such as beginner, carbine - pistol, long distance only, team and over the edge only matches.

<span style="font-weight: bold">"Changes" </span>at the Range update:
As you can see above, we are planning a full year of events. I will try to explain, as I understand it, what has happened concerning the range and what the plans are. This may be boring to most people but may be very interesting to some.

I just got back from spending a couple weeks at the range. I talked to many people about the future of the range.

<span style="font-weight: bold">Who's in charge:</span>
The range has Scott, the Range Master, as the only employee. The range is not it's own department under the County Commission any more. It is under the Recreation Dept. It is to be maintained by the County Maintenance Dept.

<span style="font-weight: bold">New Hours:</span> (don't yell at me!!)
After January 1st, the range will be open only on Thursday, Friday, Saturday & Sunday.

<span style="font-weight: bold">Winter Hours</span>
October 1st to March 31st
10 am to 6 pm

<span style="font-weight: bold">Summer Hours</span>
April 1st to September 30th
Thursday and Friday 2:00 pm to 8:00 pm
Saturday and Sunday 11:00 am to 8:00 pm.

(Stop yelling at me please)

<span style="font-weight: bold">County Maintenance</span>
I met with the head of the County Maintenance Dept. (since he caught me maintaining the LE target system and preparing it for LE training the next day). He was very nice. I explained that I have volunteered to do this for the last 5 years. There was no big problems. I could see some<span style="font-weight: bold"> real issues</span> if the County only has so much in resources to maintain all the county facilities.

<span style="font-weight: bold">Concerned Citizen Meeting</span>
Two days later, I went to a concerned citizens meeting where a couple dozen people were meeting to discuss the issues of County facilities. Reps from hotels, restaurants, rodeo, motocross, FHA, shooting sports and many other event coordinators were represented.
For a off the cuff meeting that nobody seemed to know who's idea it was, it was very civilized and went very well.
Bottom line was “if” the County did not have the resources to keep up some of the venues, there were volunteers offering to do the work. But the county did not want the liability of having a non-county employed person working. I will verify this at the next meeting but I think the problem was with non-county persons using “equipment”.
Some event coordinators have been having problems. The venue not kept up to the event organizers' needs so they can have the safest event possible and draw in the the most participants. Rodeo and motocross to be exact. Some of these events bring in hundreds of participants at a time and are being told by the county they don't bring in enough money to the county.
So everyone is doing there homework crunching numbers, learning about laws, funding, liabilities, rules, etc. I have been contacting other shooting ranges. My “Utah Shootouts” club liability insurance policy already includes any volunteers. It seems like a non-issue to me, but not for the county.
In the future there will be calls for people to email commissioners and or attend a County Commission Meeting.
It was agreed upon that the best way to approach this situation would be a <span style="font-weight: bold">“combined effort”</span> and to “be civilized”.

<span style="font-weight: bold">Range Closing???</span>
From the people I talked to from the range, maintenance and recreation departments, I couldn't find anyone who had plans to close the range or even say they wanted it closed. So I am planning a full schedule for next year. I did not talk to any County Commissioners. There will be a lot of work to do I'm sure.
Any information I get of a coordinated effort of volunteers to maintain the range I will let everyone know on my email list because the maintenance will be of highest priority.
In January they will get a new commissioner. Then there will be a lot of new evaluation.
Nobody has questions and concerns more than I do <span style="font-weight: bold">(except for the people that got laid off, I'm sure)</span>. If you know or learn anymore of what is going on please let me know.

<span style="font-weight: bold">Plan B:</span>
Many years ago I sat down with the BLM - Director over the West Desert area of Utah. I Told him the idea of doing a shooting match and found out all the BLM requirements for such an event. It was not real cheap. But who wants to trade nice heated, lighted, hot and cold running water bathrooms for porta-potties?

<span style="font-weight: bold"> If you have questions or want to be notified of the next community meeting when I hear about it, email me.</span>

Thanks,
Clint

Don't forget you know people with access to other private ranges only an hour north of Salt Lake City. That can still be an option.

Im in, especially if Russ' idea comes through
wink.gif

The Centerville range only goes out to 600 yards but it could be made available at certain times. See the webpage for further information, schedules etc. We're only about 15 to 20 minutes north of SLC.

This is the email I sent out. If you don't get my emails and want to be put on the list, email me.

Utah Shootouts Notice
January 23, 2013

PRS Club Series Notice: http://tacticalmatches.com/forum/ubbthre...he_be#Post10219
I got this in an email from the PRS. Being in OK it might sound doable. If you can not access that link, you can probably google the Precision Rifle Series or PRS Club Series. Let me know if some of you are interested. All club and participant fees would have to be paid by the participants. We would have to find out for sure if we would need to change our scoring, format, etc for at least four matches to match the PRS ways.

Also here's the notice I was just about to send out:
I like our small town, not for profit, shooting matches in Price, Ut. We are all volunteers and can use more help from responsible persons. We are ALWAYS trying to make competitions and training better.
There are about 40 people requesting slots for our 5th annual Utah State Sniper Shoot, Sept. 14 & 15, 2013.
You can always look on the website for the latest updates www.utahshootouts.com click on monthly events. I'm working on arrangements to have an event every month.
Brain Food:
How come 45 years ago in Salt Lake City when we got stopped by policemen, we would get invited to sit in the patrol car next to the cop? We also didn't lock the doors to our cars or houses. None of that happens anymore.

Here's a link to easily let your elected officials know what you think about gun controls:
http://www.ruger.com/micros/advocacy/takeAction.html

For the last five years Utah Shootouts has had hundreds of associations with civilians, Law Enforcement and Military personnel.
WE ARE ALL ON THE SAME SIDE.

Thanks,
Clint
801 599 1574
[email protected]
www.utahshootouts.com

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: Captain Moroni</div><div class="ubbcode-body">I am going to try to make a match or two this year along with the USSS, just because your the boss doesn't mean you can make your own schedule. </div></div>

Got you on the list Capt. It sounds like you just need to be a little more "bossy" so you can schedule like you want.

Got 44 on the list for Sept.

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: ColdBoreMiracle</div><div class="ubbcode-body">Im in, especially if Russ' idea comes through
wink.gif
</div></div>

I second this

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: RMW</div><div class="ubbcode-body"><div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: ColdBoreMiracle</div><div class="ubbcode-body">Im in, especially if Russ' idea comes through
wink.gif
</div></div>

I second this </div></div>

I third this

I'm working on it.
Also need more input about the PRS Club Series.
Getting things figured out with the range schedule.

These have been keeping me from posting a entire schedule for the year.

Stay tuned, it's coming together.

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: RussW1911 ®</div><div class="ubbcode-body">Clint, lets get together next week and get you up north. </div></div>

Good deal.

I'll be running away Thursday to St. George, but before then I can.

Clint

I'm in for all 4 dates.
I believe I already emailed you to confirm for the USSS but not the others dates.
keep me posted on anymore details.

Thanks
Brett

Is there a sign up for the March 9th shoot yet? There are 3-4 of us from Logan that are itching to venture down again and play.

Clint, My name is Kent Maag. I shoot alot with Russ. Will you get me on your mailing list. I'm wondering the same thing about sign ups in March.
[email protected]