• Watch Out for Scammers!

We've now added a color code for all accounts. Orange accounts are new members, Blue are full members, and Green are Supporters. If you get a message about a sale from an orange account, make sure you pay attention before sending any money!

V seven Rifles?

I can't answer that. I'm just another consumer of V7 products. I just care about results.

The only parts I've ever seen with their logo are receivers sets and forends. If you don't mind, what parts did you see being produced, by whom, and where?

Not that I would really care, so long as they're made in the USA.

I see these two companies competing in different categories. JP is the undisputed king of competition AR’s, but if overall weight is your goal I think V Seven is the go-to company.

I bought my first V Seven ultralight rifle back when they were relatively new, I think it's serial 400 or so.
Since then I've done a bunch of builds using all of their parts, both ultralight and EX. They've all been awesome, the LW stainless barrel profile they have is very light but accurate.
I think one of my 16" builds, fully loaded with a 30 round magazine, plus an ACOG and a small light, weighs a little over 7 pounds haha. After running these for a while, when I pick up a regular plane jane forged AR, that thing feels like a boat anchor! The only think I don't like about them is the price, all the parts are getting a lot more expensive recently. This is my first one, it was getting a little worn so I sprayed it up with some Aervoe multicam Seattle
WDQeK8S.jpg

Reactions: MSTN
Also their CS is absolutely stellar, I've had a few odds and ends issues over the years and ended up getting new replacement parts within days. Really great company.

V7 makes a very fine rifle. they are accurate and very dependable. I would my put my V7 against anything else in my collection.

Reactions: Oldernewbie
I bought a V-7 16" Harbinger .308 and I did like it, the only problem I didn't care for was the fact it had to much Recoil.
I ended up selling it and bought a MSTN AR- Pistol built by Wes Grant and I would Recommend him on any Rifle or AR pistol, Wes was an absolute pleasure to work with and he knows how to build an AR.

Reactions: j-moose32
Hard to beat the recommendation of MSTN but I’ll throw in my two cents. I’ve used their 10.5” barrel and 2099 rail on a work gun and currently use their receivers, barrel, rail, and small parts on a 14.5” build set up for Tactical Games and Sniper Adventure Challenge. If you want top quality and light weight V Seven is your brand.
I'm new here so I'll try not to be too boostery on my preferences. I've built up AR15s on pretty much every upper/lower platform. Most are generic forged units that work great but aren't that much different except for logos. This includes DD, Geissele, Aero....what took be toward V7 was partly the Noveske pedigree. I think Joel Allen managed the barrel production which is probably the best reason to get one. Even the 6.5CM barrels have lifetime warranties and that means something if you shoot alot. I've built up almost every 5.56 length and matched them with their uppers/lowers and handguards. You get what you pay for: alot. Talking to Joel and his staff they do things others can't because of their smaller scale and relative marketing budget. Their affiliate, Darkhour has more affordable parts, built to last. The challenge was to build stronger and lighter weapons for accuracy and extreme practical situations. If you build or buy one you like; you'll shed a tear when you let it go. .5MOA is pretty much a given depending on your optic.
Best thing they do: considering they are engineering geeks from the NW; they are exposed to many material manufacturers of quality. They've made friendhips with folks that supply lithium aluminum billet material. It's not commonly available and I've not seen it in any other rifle.
When you get a 13.5" handguard that is stronger, better finished and weighs a quarter pound less than competitive quality you can see where they're headed. Almost every build I've done comes in below 5lbs, less muzzle device and optics. 16" and under come in at 4.5lbs or slightly more. They handle and shoot light!

I bought a V-7 16" Harbinger .308 and I did like it, the only problem I didn't care for was the fact it had to much Recoil.
I ended up selling it and bought a MSTN AR- Pistol built by Wes Grant and I would Recommend him on any Rifle or AR pistol, Wes was an absolute pleasure to work with and he knows how to build an AR.
I use adjustable gas blocks on bigger barrels. That and H2 buffers seems to smooth everything out.

How much do they actually produce in house? I've watched various parts with their logo being produced on machines outside of Oregon.
They machine their uppers in house. I wouldn't be surprised if buffer tubes and some extruded parts aren't done by equipment specific sub-tiers. They know their aero-space machinery. I think some of the material availability comes from that fan base, too.