• Watch Out for Scammers!

We've now added a color code for all accounts. Orange accounts are new members, Blue are full members, and Green are Supporters. If you get a message about a sale from an orange account, make sure you pay attention before sending any money!

V-Tac TRX rails?

Roadwild17

Sergeant
Minuteman
Sep 6, 2009
Central East Texas
Check out these rails and they look pretty nice, but my questions is how easy is it to change the placement of the rails?

Is it even possible without removing the barrel / rails from the rifle?

Re: V-Tac TRX rails?

it is possible, i have one of the 13" version. its has a medium contour barrel in it. its possible and i have done it, but its pretty difficult to do especially if you have large hands. when i did it, i place a pinky in the hole directly under the hole i would like to place the rails on and then let the piece that secures the rails from within the tube slide into position in front of my pinky which acts as a stop. here's where its somewhat tricky, i then place the rail and screw under the securing piece with the supplied hex wrench. now you turn the screw and hope that it catches the securing piece's hole.

now i pretty much just take the whole tube off to place a rail on. ive read how some of the earlier tubes had problems where taking them off and installing them the second time would ruin the threads that lock the tube on, but ive done it a few times already and the threads on the tube seems fine.

Re: V-Tac TRX rails?

the tube itself is just screw tightened to the special barrel nut that comes included by two screws.