• Watch Out for Scammers!

We've now added a color code for all accounts. Orange accounts are new members, Blue are full members, and Green are Supporters. If you get a message about a sale from an orange account, make sure you pay attention before sending any money!

"VA Modified F Class"

jml403

Sergeant
Minuteman
Dec 16, 2008
Stafford, VA/ GA
I'm hoping to come out and try my hand at 1000 yards for the first time at this match.

shooting club link

I know there is a good amount of snipershide members that shoot these so I'm looking for what to expect. What do I need to bring with me besides myself, a rifle, ammo, ear pro, eye pro? Are there wind indicators on the range, round count, run down of the match?

I have no idea how these go and any information people could chyme in with would be greatly appreciated. Thanks

Re: Modified F-class Jan 31st

Match rules

Ok I looked over this site, good info. I guess what I'm asking for is how will this go. 800 go fetch targets, 900 go fetch etc.? As for the sighters, I'm guessing a 45x spotting scope cant see impacts at those ranges. Do people bring spotting partners? Any necessary/recommended equipement besides ammo and rifle?

Thanks for helping a clueless guy out folks.

Re: Quantico Modified F-class Jan 31st

Normally with the quantico match there are two sets of shooters.

One will shoot while the other will pull targets, switch, then move to the next distance...

When after you shoot, your target gets run down in the pits and a 3" spotter is placed thru the hole in the target/backer. normally it is a white or orange spotter on black target paper so it is visible even at 10X.

Good luck, these matches are very fun, and many great minds are in attendance, listen, and I guarantee you will learn.

**Have your rifle zeroed and de-bugged before you arrive.**

-Eye/Ear Pro
-Shooting Mat (its usually kind of wet on Range 4 when it isn't frozen this time of year)
-80 rounds
-lunch
-gloves that preserve your dexterity

The rest will be provided. The range flags will give you windage indicators.

Make sure you can haul your kit in one trip to the line.

If this is the Modified Match run by Prospector then here is the run down.

This match has paid pullers so no need to head to the pits

After sign in and lane assignment, shooters move to the 800 yrd line. When it is your turn to shoot you get unlimited sighters and 15 rounds for record.

Move back to the 900 yard line. 2 sighters and 15 rounds for record.

Move back to the 1000 yard line. 2 sighters and 20 rounds for record.

Equipment list:
*Eyes
*Ears
*Rifle
*Ammo
Data book/DOPE/pencilS
*Bipod
*Rear bag
Weather monitor/thermometer
*Mat/poncho/tarp
**Raingear/tactical umbrella
*Hydration
Snacks
Spotting scope/tripod (for scoring time)
Folding chair (for scoring time)
*Pack or some way to carry all this crap

See ya there

Guys that was exactly the info I was hoping for! Thanks for your time. I was informed in a few PMs that the range doesnt like to be named, not sure how true that is but will respect the request.

**If a mod reads this feel free to delete range name out of my origional title.

herr.bear is right, and its more of a practice for some guys that shoot the NRA F Class and newbs starting out. you're not really competing for anything there. they don't allow front rests, gotta shoot T/R style off a bipod