• Watch Out for Scammers!

We've now added a color code for all accounts. Orange accounts are new members, Blue are full members, and Green are Supporters. If you get a message about a sale from an orange account, make sure you pay attention before sending any money!

F T/R Competition Vacation F/TR style

texasbrian66

Private
Minuteman
Oct 2, 2012
Hello to all,

I would like to plan vacations close to F TR matches in areas that offer a lot to visitors. If you were planning similar vacations what shooting ranges would you visit and why? For example, the Pu’uloa Rifle & Pistol Club in Honolulu HI, NRA 800AGG Match 200-300-600 yards.

Pictures of your past matches would be great. I would also like to know how you guys transport your guns and gear when you can’t drive to the matches.

Thanks
Brian

Re: Vacation F/TR style

Not sure about bringing in rifles, but I remember from my time at Pearl that HI has some pretty strict gun control laws regarding pistols. You may want to look into it before you get off the plane in Honolulu.

XTR

You brought up an excellent point. Hawaii does have some strict gun laws regarding pistols and rifles. Texas gun laws are few and easy to follow if you use some common sense. Texas is a great state for gun owners compared to Hawaii but our beaches are a bit lacking.

Thanks
Brian

Hi
I used to shoot at Puuola Marine Corps range for several years. I started a practical pistol club there around 90-91. Also shot with the rifle club. Great bunch of guys back then.
It is prob the most beautiful range you will ever shoot on. All the butts are on the beach and you shoot out over the ocean.
Unless its changed you should have no problem bringing rifles on the island. Just declare them on the airline. Keep it cased and unloaded in your room when not going to the range. I think the rule is 30 days before they must be reg.

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: texasbrian66</div><div class="ubbcode-body">Hello to all,

I would like to plan vacations close to F TR matches in areas that offer a lot to visitors. If you were planning similar vacations what shooting ranges would you visit and why? For example, the Pu’uloa Rifle & Pistol Club in Honolulu HI, NRA 800AGG Match 200-300-600 yards.
</div></div>

That match sounds like it's going to be an across the course match, rather than F-class. (Standing and sitting at 200, prone rapid at 300, and prone slow at 600)

There are matches at Ben Avery in Phoenix, which has lots to do around it. My wife and I just got back from the Creedmoor match (across-the-course) out there, and we went up to Sedona and the Grand Canyon while we were there.

Hello to all

The Berger SW Nationals will be the first F-Class match I observe.
Thanks for your posts

Brian