• Watch Out for Scammers!

We've now added a color code for all accounts. Orange accounts are new members, Blue are full members, and Green are Supporters. If you get a message about a sale from an orange account, make sure you pay attention before sending any money!

Rifle Scopes Valdada Crusader 5.8-40X56 with 40mm tube

Huxtable_hurt_me28

Sergeant of the Hide
Minuteman
Jun 20, 2020
Local Individual on arms list has a valdada for sale. Haven’t heard anything about these. Option for prs?

They have a long history of questionable reliability, horror stories and issues. Their newest scopes (can't recall the product line name) is made in Japan and is allegedly better, but there's no reason to roll the dice with a company that has such a sordid history. YMMV.

Local Individual on arms list has a valdada for sale. Haven’t heard anything about these. Option for prs?
The most recent generation of IOR scopes have proven to be pretty reliable.
The problem is, if you do have a problem, there is only one way to get it addressed and that is through Val.
He doesn't fix anything, as he doesn't have that kind of facility, it has to go back to Romania.
They are over priced for the old technology and spotty support that you get.
Find yourself a Gen II vortex or a Athlon Cronus and have excellent performance that is backed by an excellent warranty.

If it's local and it's like sub $1k go grab it.
Higher than that price, you might want to do a lot of research and reading and come to your own conclusions.
But hint... they aren't very popular on the site here except for a small group of fans.

almost 3 years and i have had zero problems with mine if you have a chance to look through it first by all means look through it .check it out before buying but all i can say I love mine a lot the view is extremely nice and my tracking has been spot on with mine so far I would suggest keeping a mental tab on the tiny little nuts that keep the nobs on with either with loctite or just making sure they stay where they should be the other people who shoot my guns never admit they forgot to tighten things they should not have messes with but shit happens . Other than that its a great scope just to ask how much are they asking ? good luck if you get it or not .

They have a long history of questionable reliability, horror stories and issues. Their newest scopes (can't recall the product line name) is made in Japan and is allegedly better, but there's no reason to roll the dice with a company that has such a sordid history. YMMV.
Thanks for the info. For about 500 more dollars could get a kahles 526
If it's local and it's like sub $1k go grab it.
Higher than that price, you might want to do a lot of research and reading and come to your own conclusions.
But hint... they aren't very popular on the site here except for a small group of fans.
Its not sub thousands for sure. Think I’m going to pass on it. Guy turned out to be a real dick lol.

Reactions: acudaowner