• Watch Out for Scammers!

We've now added a color code for all accounts. Orange accounts are new members, Blue are full members, and Green are Supporters. If you get a message about a sale from an orange account, make sure you pay attention before sending any money!

• Site updates coming next Wednesday at 8am CT!

The site will be down for routine maintenance on Wednesday 6/5 starting at 8am CT. If you have any questions, please PM alexj-12!

VALDADA G2 Recon NEW VADADA CONTENT

What you fail to realize is that IOR made a reticle and scope at Mr. Valdada's request that was supposed to be the Snipers Hide edition. If I recall, that reticle ended up being the MP-8 reticle.

Frank got fucked out of any share of that. IOR and Mr. Valdada from then on have been maligned and hated.

Most on here don't even realize that Valdada and IOR are two different companies in two different countries.

IOR sucks because they made the scope. Anything Valdada imports is automatically considered IOR...and therefore it sucks.

It doesn't matter wether the scope is made by LOW in Japan. It is imported by Valdada and therefore it sucks by association.
How long ago did all that happen ?

How long ago did all that happen ?
It's been years. I wasn't even lurking here back then, I had to go back and look it up to find out myself.

Now it has just become part of Hide culture...kind of like bubble levels! 😆😆

Reactions: Michael W
Ill edit my post, to make my intent more clear..

It was thinly veiled sarcsm, to poke fun at all the posts insisting that, despite being made by LOW, it sucks because its an IOR.
I love sarcasm. Most of these guys on here wont by a Ford because the last time they drove one they had a hard time starting it using the hand crank ..They live selectively live in the past

I'm all for avoiding brands with shady reputations but folks should be honest about it. If this scope sucks, it because buying one supports a shady businessman, not because it sucks mechanically.

And saying that a LOW scope sucks because its an IOR is just silly. Its like saying Fords are unreliable because the local Chevy dealer is a shyster.

I won't buy one because of the importer, not because i think LOW cant make a good scope.

Last edited:
Reactions: Michael W
It's been years. I wasn't even lurking here back then, I had to go back and look it up to find out myself.

Now it has just become part of Hide culture...kind of like bubble levels! 😆😆
This is one bear that I like to poke. These guys are so easy .as far as bubble levels go I only use Nightforce
Sprit-Level-3-1024x373.jpg

the wheels on the bus go round and round .
Funny you should mention that.....

My nephew, his wife and 1 year old son visited about five years ago. The kid was an absolute dumpster fire. We picked all of them up at the train station and had a Friday afternoon, 2 hour commute in rush hour. If the kid's parents didn't keep that song playing continuously on the boom box they were carrying in the car, the kid would start screaming at the top of his lungs until they started it again. The fucking song was in German. I got to the point where I preferred the screaming. Longest 2 hours of my life.

A lot of parallels to this thread dumpster fire.

• Haha
Reactions: lash and jakelly
Funny you should mention that.....

My nephew, his wife and 1 year old son visited about five years ago. The kid was an absolute dumpster fire. We picked all of them up at the train station and had a Friday afternoon, 2 hour commute in rush hour. If the kid's parents didn't keep that song playing continuously on the boom box they were carrying in the car, the kid would start screaming at the top of his lungs until they started it again. The fucking song was in German. I got to the point where I preferred the screaming. Longest 2 hours of my life.

A lot of parallels to this thread dumpster fire.
my wife is German
Räder im Bus fahren rund und rund

1. How much do you bench...?
2. Do you bow hunt...? How many kills...?
3. Do you work “in concrete”...? How many years...?
4. Are you a “real deal badass M...F...” ...?

so let me get this straight here you're basing your opinion on things you read on the internet about a scope that is not the same scope as the one we're talking about made by a different company than the one we are talking about . I believe most of the stuff you read was by a guy that was pretty pissed off at the owner of the company I'm not saying but he was unjustly pissed off I'm just saying he might have had a bit of a bias. You know I read this thread the other day from start to finish every single person that has something bad to say about the scope never touched it never saw it ,only heard that it was bad. Well comrade I'm thinking we should discuss this in line for toilet paper at the co-op in Minsk

Let me answer your question in order.
I have to qualify every 3 months. But I shoot about three times a week. I get free ammo
I do not hunt don't have time for it did when I was younger kind of lost the taste for it.
I do not work with concrete. Now if you ask me about lead paint I would have given you a big 10-4 on that
Absolutely not

I have a button for guys like this, you know the type, total asshole who has to play silly word games and split hairs.

They have no clue what they are talking about,, in most cases they know just enough to be dangerous or complete a sentence. They refuse to take advice from people who have been there and done that, but sure waste your money.

Just stop trying to convince us your wasted purchase is worth our attention. Go blow your money and leave everyone else alone. Clearly this site has a history with Val, nobody cares if it's IOR or LOW we are smart enough not to waste out time or money. Overpaying for a LOW product from a scumbag organization is just not our thing.

One day you'll get until then go away and stop torturing us with this post, nobody here is interested in supporting this garbage

I have a button for guys like this, you know the type, total asshole who has to play silly word games and split hairs.

They have no clue what they are talking about,, in most cases they know just enough to be dangerous or complete a sentence. They refuse to take advice from people who have been there and done that, but sure waste your money.

Just stop trying to convince us your wasted purchase is worth our attention. Go blow your money and leave everyone else alone. Clearly this site has a history with Val, nobody cares if it's IOR or LOW we are smart enough not to waste out time or money. Overpaying for a LOW product from a scumbag organization is just not our thing.

One day you'll get until then go away and stop torturing us with this post, nobody here is interested in supporting this garbage
Did you even read the post? All I did was give my opinion about the scope. See I had an opportunity to actually look at this scope before I passed judgment on it. And you called me an asshole? Trying to figure that logic tree out. I guess you can kick me out or whatever I really wouldn't like that to happen but I can't stop you . This is America and any God-fearing American understands the importance of right to your opinion.

Okay. I started reading some of these replies on this thread. I noticed not one person has given me an example why they think this is a piece of crap. Sure you guys have all quoted some review that you read or some stuff you heard , but not one person has said anything that is based on actual knowledge of this particular optic . If there was a guy out there that said man I had this thing and it was a piece of crap and I had nothing but problems with it I would respect that but no no one has even touched one.. I'm sure some of you guys are going to start quoting that review that was done a few years ago on the ior but that's a different scope all everybody does is call me an asshole or a dumbass. That's incredibly amazing and kind of funny. Sort of like the Stepford Wives or a bunch of ants maybe a parrot.

Okay you jackalopes, whiners and naysayers. I Actually used a Recon G2 yesterday. This is not the old one made by IOR that you see everyone talking about on this site but the new one.
So here's the story. I went out shooting with some old buddies and a new guy at Altus shooting Solutions in Florida(my home range). The new guy had a drum roll please.... Valdada Recon G2. We instantly became BFFs.
My first impression is that the scope was ... it looks like a baseball bat painted black.
Fit and finish are as good as my Schmidt and Bender. It comes with Tenebraex lense caps .. my S&B came with Butler Creek Junk. The turrets are not locking. But have very positive clicks. The magnification adjustment is stiff. The Parallax is amazing I was able to set it for around seven hundred yards but was able to see clearly out past a thousand.
The glass clarity was very very good I compared it to my S&B pm-2 and my buddies Leupold Mark 8 and a Nightforce Beast when comparing these scopes side by side I could not tell the difference between these Optics as far Clarity and overall quality goes.

The the reticle at first seemed a little busy to me but I quickly started really liking the box and dot setup. At Its highest magnification I was able to see clearly side to side top to bottom no hazing at the edges. At low power I didn't notice significant tunneling like my S & B. The reticle was very small and not very useful at its lowest magnification.
We were shooting from range C at Altus. Shooting Steel ranging from 2, 4, 8" round and 12 "square. Starting from 200 yards all the way out to 940 the wind was pretty brisk headwind in about 26 mph I was using a 6.5 Creedmoor with a Curtis Axiom barrel and action with a Trigertech diamond on a MPA chassis with a Griffin armament Optimus suppressor. I was using my Kestrel 5700 for Ballistic calculations.
He supplied the ammunition that he loaded. I'm not exactly sure of the of the ammo so I can't tell you except that it was 147 grains using Lapua brass. I shot 40 rounds through the weapon.
Tracking with dead nuts I mean dead nuts. Throughout its entire range. Absolutely no argument can be made saying this particular scope did not track as good as my S&B or a Nightforce Beast. The eye box was not finicky even at its highest magnification I was able to shoot from strong and weak side ( I shoot about 50% of the time on my weak-side ) without any problems seeing through the optic. No I did not look at group size but was able to consistently hit an 8in round Target at 940 yards in less than optimal conditions( yes I do know the weapon has a lot to do this)

A gentleman next to me what shooting a 338 Lapua. When looking through the optic I did not see any Jitter or Shake in the reticle from the concussion of his shot.
Now I know none of these so-called test I did are scientific or definitive in any way. But I don't know how many of you guys actually pull out the old mil check board to verify tracking at the range because I sure in the hell didn't. But I have a lot of time behind a scope and I know what is good and I know what is shit and that's good enough for me.

Bottom line is this optic looks and performs like a high-end scope. I asked him what he paid for it because I know the retail is like over $3,000 , he told me about $2,200 including rings (40 mm) lens cover and sunshade.

Okay now let's get something straight here ,I don't own this scope so I don't have a dog in this fight but I really can't understand the negative opinion that is prolific on this site. I do understand that the owner of the company may have done some shady shit in the past but I don't care. Because it really has no relevance on how this optic performed when I shot it. I have no idea how this guy will treat you after you buy this thing but neither do you.
Now I don't plan on swaying any of you guys opinions because I really believe a lot of you have already drank the Kool-Aid. But having put my hands on this scope and actually used it in real-world conditions I can't say anything bad about it and if I saw one that was used for a decent price I might even buy it.

Frank did test a new one like you used. 94% is not good but seeing as you have no dog in this fight and you didn't drink any kool aid you should be able to look at an actual test and see it sucks and admit it right?

Also people do know how you are treated after the sale but again you don't want to hear that. Seems like you don't want to see anything so learn your own lesson when you send your used scope you got for a "decent price" back for not tracking. Oh wait you "know what is good" and can just feel it works right? LOL

1604180604577.png

• Haha
Reactions: ken226
Frank did test a new one like you used. 94% is not good but seeing as you have no dog in this fight and you didn't drink any kool aid you should be able to look at an actual test and see it sucks and admit it right?

Also people do know how you are treated after the sale but again you don't want to hear that. Seems like you don't want to see anything so learn your own lesson when you send your used scope you got for a "decent price" back for not tracking. Oh wait you "know what is good" and can just feel it works ou do realize that

You do realize that isn't even a Recon G2? Don't you? I have no idea what kind of scope that is that you have a picture of.
20201031_171534.jpg

• Haha
Reactions: Rob01
Some times its better to keep you opinion to your self. That is a bad word here and no love loss for that one.

The scope in the picture isn't the Recon G2 Michael W is talking about.
I know they just pulled an old ior picture up it's almost like a conspiracy. Again this is what a Recon G2 looks like I took this picture yesterday
20201031_171534.jpg

The scope in the picture isn't the Recon G2 Michael W is talking about.

Closer to a tracking test than he did on the one he used which was just tested with the mental ability to "know what is good ". LOL

Holy smokes no one's got anything to say about how you guys used a review on the wrong scope to criticize the Recon G2. I'm not joking you guys are living with blinders. Again I'm asking somebody to give me some first-hand knowledge about this scope
It is MOA not moa as printed on that scope. :ROFLMAO::ROFLMAO: :ROFLMAO: :ROFLMAO: :ROFLMAO:

Yet another reason it was designed by a monkey.
That was a pretty good catch.

• Haha
Reactions: Rob01
Koskin said he tried to bribe him, Low Light definitely got fucked by him, not sure why you are trying to prop this guy up. Those two are beyond reproach for me, YMMV, but if I got to pick a side I am going with these guys. Hope you enjoy your scope and Valdada. Not trying to be a dick, just my opinion.

Koskin said he tried to bribe him, Low Light definitely got fucked by him, not sure why you are trying to prop this guy up. Those two are beyond reproach for me, YMMV, but if I got to pick a side I am going with these guys. Hope you enjoy your scope and Valdada. Not trying to be a dick, just my opinion.
No not at all. I don't like to see anybody get screwed and I imagine that these two fellows you spoke of are straight up. All I know is there's probably some ruthless and Cutthroat guys at Nightforce corporate. But I wasn't talking about a person I was talking about a scope and my impression of it that's all. And I don't have anything to do with valdada I just thought the scope was nice

Okay you damn sea monkeys I'm done talking about this it's like arguing with a can of peaches. I still love you guys though. You got admit it, it's kind of funny

• Haha
Reactions: ken226
Okay you damn sea monkeys I'm done talking about this it's like arguing with a can of peaches. I still love you guys though. You got admit it, it's kind of funny

You can lead a horse to water, but you can't make him drink, even if you push his head in and hold it.

Reactions: Stoweit
No not at all. I don't like to see anybody get screwed and I imagine that these two fellows you spoke of are straight up. All I know is there's probably some ruthless and Cutthroat guys at Nightforce corporate. But I wasn't talking about a person I was talking about a scope and my impression of it that's all. And I don't have anything to do with valdada I just thought the scope was nice

Maybe the lack of use or even interest in trying one at a site with thousands of members that uses tons of optics from cheap to very expensive for long range competitions and fun could be a hint? People here are always super excited to try new things. But not this scope. Another hint maybe? And maybe all the negative opinions of the company from same people, not only to do with the management at the company, could also be a clue? Maybe the new scope is the best thing since sliced bread but IORValdada has dug a very big hole over the years and it will take a lot to get out but you keep looking and you might find that one guy who is super happy with his that will validate what you want to hear and you can ignore all the rest. That normally works out. LOL

Just go enjoy that excellent deal you just picked up in the PX on the S&B 5-25x56 scope, put it in a good mount and forget all about anything to do with IOR or Valdada for the rest of time. When you get rich and start lusting again, look towards ZCO and TT

Just go enjoy that excellent deal you just picked up in the PX on the S&B 5-25x56 scope, put it in a good mount and forget all about anything to do with IOR or Valdada for the rest of time. When you get rich and start lusting again, look towards ZCO and TT
See these guys think I don't have any class. But I might have to wait for a zco to fall off a back of a truck