• Watch Out for Scammers!

We've now added a color code for all accounts. Orange accounts are new members, Blue are full members, and Green are Supporters. If you get a message about a sale from an orange account, make sure you pay attention before sending any money!

Valkyrie .260

baldie

Private
Minuteman
Thought you guys might like to see this. Its my new action, built up into a demonstrator, and its made in England.
IMG_0573.jpg

Right and left hand shots.

IMG_0579.jpg

close up of the custom fluting
IMG_0575.jpg

action, bolt fluting, and custom knob.
IMG_0576.jpg

left side showing bolt release and name.
IMG_0577.jpg

Brugger and Thomet moderator.
IMG_0574.jpg

IMG_0578.jpg

The rifle specs are as follows.

Valkyrie short action with 20 moa rail and custom knob.

Truflite barrel finished at 25" and custom fluted. 18mm x 1.5 muzzle thread to accomodate Accuracy international muzzle brake.

Brugger and Thomet moderator on left hand thread.

Jewell trigger.

Nightforce nxs 5.5 - 22 x 50 in Badger rings.

AICS stock, action bedded into it.

Multicam duracoat paintwork to the stock.

Barrelled action done in duracoat "Parker" and flutes on barrel and bolt picked out in tactical flat black.

Hopefully get some rounds loaded up and a round or two through it on Sunday.

Re: Valkyrie .260

Mate ,

I thought you said you were going to drop it into a Manners T4 stock ? , and mate where's the bloody S&B ?

Nice anyway .

later Chris

Let me know how you get on with the BT can , as I have one as well , its bloody heavy & only lasted less than 100 rds before , getting so loose inside , that It now rattles a lot .
It also gets a lot hotter than my bigger old model A-Tec jobie , and much longer to cool down .

Cheers Chris

Thats wicked fluting on the barrel! You could always send me an action for testing and evaluation
wink.gif

Jacq.....i daren't add it up...lol

Hi Chris,
I hope the mod lasts longer than that, i had to sell a kidney to fund it !
The scope is temporary, it will get an S+B on it, when funds permit.

Awesome, really love it. What twist ? Let us know what load you settle on. Enjoy it !

Baldie, you've got far too many rifles now and as my next build is going to be a .260 how about you donating it to me for some field trials ;o)
Looks seriously good now its all put together mate and that custom action of yours is as smooth as butter! Looking forward to seeing the results.