• Watch Out for Scammers!

We've now added a color code for all accounts. Orange accounts are new members, Blue are full members, and Green are Supporters. If you get a message about a sale from an orange account, make sure you pay attention before sending any money!

Rifle Scopes Value of Leupold? MK4 3.5-10x40 M1 knobs TMR reticle

If I sold all my scopes and then could buy only one, I would repurchase my 3.5-10x TMR for up to $1,400 that's the price I paid for mine 2 years ago. It is solid as a rock. I trust it the most. It performs in snow, ice, rain, hot, cold. It is the heaviest scope I own and has the lowest high end magnification, but it works for me from 100yds out to 600yds, as far as I've been able to shoot so far, night or day. Mine has M2 turrets and Ill Ret. But I have another L&S scope with M1 turrets and have no issues with those. If your scope has no Ill Ret. I'd subtract $200 from the price for an Ill Ret model.
These words being said, I doubt most people today would value this scope as I do. They prefer "sexy" features, which I do not. So halve my price if you want to sell it quickly :).

Wonder if I could get $900. It's been to leupold and checked out. Knobs are new as it came frome the factory with m3

You might get that from someone that is really looking for that scope but if I had a hole burning in my pocket I would go no more than $800

yea you could try 900 someone might take it. 800-850 probably move pretty fast. you might do better with it some where that the whole mil\mil thing is not in vogue. but i have not seen one break 900 on ebay in a long time

I had that exact scope not quite two years ago - only difference was the plain mildot instead of TMR. I paid $730 shipped for an as-new, never-mounted, but previously owned scope, sent it in Leupold shortly after getting it because of dust on the reticle, and ended up reselling it a few months later for, IIRC, $700. The one I bought had been listed for at least a couple weeks, and it didn't sell instantly either, so I think those were fair prices at the time. I don't see why the value would have gone up since then. I would consider the TMR reticle more valuable, but I don't think Leupold charges any more for it than the mildot. Obviously, sell it for what you think you can get for it.

I agree on about $800. Depends who you're selling to.

I'm interested to see answers though. I have this same scope with a FFP reticle that I'm selling to upgrade.

If a person knows where to look, you can pick up a new one for a little over 800.00.

and where is this place you can pick up new ones for 800. i looked and could not find a new one with tmr reticle for less than 1100

Thanks for all the replies guys. I ended up trading it for a remington 700 .308. tactical threaded by Beanland and was like new and a Walther P22. Sold the pistol to my stepdad for $300.

That's about as good as it could get I figure.