• Watch Out for Scammers!

We've now added a color code for all accounts. Orange accounts are new members, Blue are full members, and Green are Supporters. If you get a message about a sale from an orange account, make sure you pay attention before sending any money!

Suppressors Value Question

blkside

Sergeant
Minuteman
Feb 21, 2009
Lake Elsinore,Ca
I have an XD45 that was custom engraved and S/N for my unit in Iraq by Springfield, 2/101st AVN. I wanted to know how I could value this as a collectors piece. I had a friend sell his .45 1911 they had made for about 3k I am assuming to a collector or an old war vet. I was thinking about selling mine to cover the costs of the M4 build I plan on doing. Any thoughts.. are pics needed?

Re: Value Question

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: Blkside</div><div class="ubbcode-body"> are pics needed? </div></div>

do you even have to ask this?pics are always welcome.What 1911 did your buddy sell for 3K and what added that value?My thing is why pay 3K for a new stock military 1911 pistol when you can spend that much on a nicer gun brand new,unless it was a vintage model.My brother trained with the 1911 in the Marines and it wobbled when he shook it but it shot excellent.Guess it was custom made for him which may add to the price.

Re: Value Question

I think that it was one of those old war veterans that has all the memorabilia from their unit deals. Ill post some when I load them. I wonder how much the Rem 700 Tacs are gonna go for now they arent doing a 2009 run.