• Watch Out for Scammers!

We've now added a color code for all accounts. Orange accounts are new members, Blue are full members, and Green are Supporters. If you get a message about a sale from an orange account, make sure you pay attention before sending any money!

Hunting & Fishing VAMPIRE SQUIRREL?

TOP PREDATOR

Gunny Sergeant
Minuteman
Jul 19, 2008
SCRANTON AREA PENNSYLVANIA
i've shot alot of squirrel in my time, but look at the teeth on these two i got today...i've never seen them this long.

SQUIRRELTEETH1.jpg

SQUIRRELTEETH2.jpg

SQUIRRELTEETH3.jpg

Re: VAMPIRE SQUIRREL?

At times I have seen them like that. Usually when they are cutting soft mast, dosen't wear the teeth down...................JJ

The old man killed one years ago that was terrorizing all the other squirrels at the bird feeders. It had holes in the top of its nose where the bottom teeth grew through the nose and came out the top. It was no wonder he was so mean. He didn't have much for top teeth at all. Those are some big acorn peelers on the ones you have there. Were they old?

i have seen several varieties of tree squirrels and ground squirrels kill and eat each other. always gives me the creeps . not quite the fuzzy cute little guys some think of them as

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: armymedic.2</div><div class="ubbcode-body">that is a serious squirrel hunting knife
grin.gif
</div></div>

I was about to comment the same but with an added: What knife are you using???

that's one squirrel i'd rather not share a tree with. had a flying squirrel come up the same tree as me this year while archery hunting. he was neat to watch until he figured out that I was not natural flora. i sat thru a 10 minute bitchout session from him before i whacked him with the fletching end of an arrow. then he jumped on my chest. Friggen ninja squirrels... <shivver>

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: TerrorInTheShadows</div><div class="ubbcode-body"><div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: armymedic.2</div><div class="ubbcode-body">that is a serious squirrel hunting knife
grin.gif
</div></div>

I was about to comment the same but with an added: What knife are you using???
</div></div>

i use an old buck lite folder for the small stuff, the big "rambo" one is for chopping off the feet, head, and tail. that one is a old united cutlerly knife. it fell apart the first time i used it to clear a shooting lane, then welded it back together, haven't had a problem with it for the next 15 years.

That's a heck of a knife. Don't want to hijack the thread but have you noticed a decline in the amount of squirrels in your area? I'm near Harrisburg and, where I hunt, there seems to be a serious decline in numbers. Started about two years ago. Just wondering.

Ya'll outta see dem Vietnamese Tree Rabbits we got down here,big as a pitbull and carnivourous.......

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: PJ3</div><div class="ubbcode-body">That's a heck of a knife. Don't want to hijack the thread but have you noticed a decline in the amount of squirrels in your area? I'm near Harrisburg and, where I hunt, there seems to be a serious decline in numbers. Started about two years ago. Just wondering.</div></div>

yep, i noticed that too. this year seems better than last year, but the last 2 years the picking was slim. i still averaged over 30 a year over the last 2 years, but they were a VERY hard 30 a season total.

i've been trying to hook up with a good fox squirrel area out your way, any suggestions? through me a PM if you can point me in the right direction.

Not many fox squirrels around here. I have a friend that gets them a lot in Juniata/Perry Couny.

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: PJ3</div><div class="ubbcode-body">That's a heck of a knife. Don't want to hijack the thread but have you noticed a decline in the amount of squirrels in your area? I'm near Harrisburg and, where I hunt, there seems to be a serious decline in numbers. Started about two years ago. Just wondering. </div></div>

All I know is there is a part of central Kentucky that has seemingly suffered from some vast squirrel famine. I've been squirrel hunting in prime woods 3 times at this particular spot, and have never seen or heard a single goddamn squirrel. It's kinda freaky, actually.