• Watch Out for Scammers!

We've now added a color code for all accounts. Orange accounts are new members, Blue are full members, and Green are Supporters. If you get a message about a sale from an orange account, make sure you pay attention before sending any money!

• The site has been updated!

If you notice any issues, please let us know below!

VIEW THREAD

Vapor Trail PSR II class- June 23/24, Saxton, Pa

Hogstooth

Sergeant
Supporter
Minuteman
Jan 12, 2004
Texas
www.vttactical.com
21ljpub.jpg

www.vaportrailtactical.net

Instructor
Sean Little
540 834-3864
[email protected]

PRECISION SCOPED RIFLE II CLASS
TRAINING SYLABUS

INTRODUCTION: The Precision Scoped Rifle II will teach the student to be effective and engage individual and multiple targets from various supported and unsupported positions at known and (UKD)unknown distances out to 960yds. Course is designed to stress UKD and use of MIL HOLDS from various positions, students will be paired as shooter/observer utilized to engage steel. Students will also practice Range estimation, mil holds, and rapid target engagements, shooter/observer dialog, high angle fire, and height over bore holds for close engagements giving the shooter the capability to shoot various targets under various conditions and positions.

WHERE: Approx. 1 hr from Breezewood, in Saxton, Pa.

WHEN: June 23/24, 2012

START TIME: 0700hrs. (That’s 7a.m.) at the Shoemaker farm property located at Shoemaker Ln., Saxton, Pa. Email me for directions or use yahoo maps. Also right accross the street to the little valley cemetary which is also on most GPS maps.

COSTS: $300 per student. A $50 non- refundable deposit is due after registration, mailing address thru the web site.

DISCOUNTS: A 10% discount for Law Enforcement and Active Duty military

REGISTRATION: Registration will be thru the Vapor Trail web site, fill out a registration form and include what class and date you want to attend.

CLASS SIZE: A minimum of six students required.

CANCELLATION: This class may be cancelled due to extreme weather conditions, or due to unforeseen circumstances, class will be rescheduled or students who cannot reschedule can get a refund or credit for the next class they can attend.
2vtcsbm.jpg

19lcmx.jpg

CLASSES TO BE TAUGHT:
Safety brief
Range Estimation
Supported sitting, kneeling, and standing
Shooter/Observer skills and dialog
Rapid bolt manipulation
Mil Use and Hold Over/ Under
Multiple target engagements
Engaging Hidden Targets
Shooting on an angle
Close contact shooting
Engaging Bobbing targets

STUDENT REQUIREMENTS

Rifle and Equipment

Bolt Action or Semi Automatic Rifle with Scope. No rifles above 30cal magnum allowed due to range restrictions

Rifle must be capable of shooting 1” groups or better at 100 yards.

Scope must be capable of “dialing” elevation and windage settings, also known as target knobs.

250rds minimum- Factory “match” ammunition recommended for shooting past 600 yards. If you are shooting .308, 175gr bullets are recommended for this course.

Re-Loaded ammunition allowed, if loaded with match components

Don’t forget your magazines- for semi auto or magazine fed bolt guns.

Laser Range Finders, mil dot master or other range estimation tools if you have them.

Rifle rest, bipod, tripod, shooting bags

Spotting Scope- If you have one please bring it.

Data Book- We recommend Impact Data Books, www.impactdatabooks.com

Sling- We recommend Tactical Intervention Quick cuff or Slip Cuff Slings, or the TAB rifle sling.

Lunch- You will get a 45 min. lunch break, bring your lunch if you can, areas to eat are not close by.

Hearing protection- foam earplugs will be available.

Rifle Cleaning equipment- Rods, bore guides, solvents, patches, brushes, bore snakes, scope tools, wrenches, ect.

Bring clothes that match the weather, we will shoot in the cold or rain, rescheduling the course will take place if we have severe weather, i.e. extreme cold or rain, lightning, tornadoes, hurricanes, or a combination of all.

Note pad, pen or pencil for taking notes
If there is any other gear that you want to bring such as shooting mats, tools or other equipment feel free.

2d19qh4.jpg

CLASS TIMELINE

Sat.
0700-0900 Check- In, Introduction, Classroom instruction – Review of the Basics

0900-0930 Movement to the range and set up

0930-1100 Cold Bore shot, confirm zeros at 100yds on paper

1100-1145 Lunch

1145-1230 Range Estimation exercise

1230-1600 Teams engage steel from 300 to 900yds

1600-1800 Shooting supported sitting kneeling and standing positions on paper

Sunday
0730-0815 Range estimation exercise.

0815-0900 Cold Bore shot, confirm zero’s.

0900- 1200 Shoot steel known distance targets to 600yds, dialing elevation and windage settings

1200-1245 Lunch

1245-1500 Shoot steel known distance to 600yds, using hold over/ under, rapid target engagements on paper and steel.

1500-1630 Team Competition, combination of paper and steel targets

1630-1700 Clean up and dismisal

Any questions about the course, requirements, or gear please contact me thru email or call. Sean Little- [email protected] or 540 834-3864

Re: Vapor Trail PSR II class- June 23/24, Saxton, Pa

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: targaflorio</div><div class="ubbcode-body">BTW, good looking REPR/Nightforce rig in the 2nd photo!
smile.gif
</div></div>
Good photographer ;-)

I had the opportunity to attend Precision Scoped Rifle 1 Course with Sean Little at the Saxton, PA range.

I have been participating in long range shooting for about a year. My equipment: Savage FCP10 with McMillian stock, Leupold Mark 4 ER/T 4.5-14x50mm scope, Federal Gold Match 168 HPBT and personal reloads.

I came to the course with the expectation of gaining the information I needed to improve on the fundamentals I had already acquired from my readings and shooting with experienced friends. I was not disappointed. There was no cookie cutter approach to this class. Sean worked with each individual to help them develop their own unique set of fundamentals based on the equipment, skill level and body type (some of us had more girth than others) to ensure shooting accuracy.

Saturday morning was spent going over safety rules and zeroing rifles at 100 yards. We then spent the rest of the day engaging targets out to 550 yards. On Sunday we started at 550 yards and progressed out to 900 yards. Finishing up with a target situated at 1250!

Once Sean showed us the basics of proper body position, natural point of aim, site picture, breathing techniques, proper trigger pull and follow through he would gently remind us about them throughout the weekend when they were not being employed correctly. Targets that were less than 500 yards away were minute of angle targets not something huge that a blind person could hit. Sean stresses, “Aim small – hit small”. Beyond 500 yards the targets were man sized.

I discovered very early in the weekend that Sean has a wealth of knowledge when it comes to long range shooting. Whether it was a question about equipment, different shooting techniques, filling out your data book or reloading, you could tell from his answers he had researched all these areas and was more than willing to share what worked and didn’t work for him. He is definitely not an armchair shooter. And if you had a different opinion that was OK.

Having taken 15 firearms classes over the years from some nationally known instructors, I would rate Sean up there with the best. They say, “Those who can’t – teach.” That’s not the case with Sean, not only can he shoot, but he has the ability to convey his knowledge in a way that is easily understandable. No matter what your skill level his goal for the weekend is to help you improve upon it. He can impart complicated knowledge in a way that is easy to understand and apply. Good instructors are patient with their students when teaching them new skills and concepts. They take the time to make sure the information is clearly understood by the student no matter how many times or different ways they need to present it. Sean is a master at this. He thrives on questions. The more that were asked the happier he was.

I would highly recommend Precision Scoped Rifle Class 1 for the beginner and the experienced shooter. The facilities at Saxton are excellent. Sean is a really great guy who is fun to be around and you will improve your long range shooting abilities. I am looking forward to my next opportunity to train with Sean.