• Watch Out for Scammers!

We've now added a color code for all accounts. Orange accounts are new members, Blue are full members, and Green are Supporters. If you get a message about a sale from an orange account, make sure you pay attention before sending any money!

Varget vs N140

As for the OP, give Winchester Staball Match a shot. It’s a good powder that matches velocities with the same charge weights and can get higher velocities when desired. Accuracy may or may not be at the same powder charge as Varget. I’ve done a fair amount of testing on the two powders head to head.

Reactions: Dildobaggins
So you're saying N150 is closer to Varget than N140? Just asking because Varget shot well in my 223, 6.5Grendel, 6 BR and I wanted to try it for my 22ARC

not EXACTLY. or yes EXACTLY.

I am saying that Laurie Holland is getting those velocities:https://www.targetshooter.co.uk/?p=3856 with 223REM and 77gr bullet.

you MUST understand AND REMEMBER, that powder burn rate or velocity is VERY CARTRIDGE and maybe BULLET dependent. you cant say if you have Varget faster than N150 in 223REM, that it will be the same in 308WIN. it can be that Varget will be slower.

the same is for temperature sensitivity. it is HEAVILY CARTRIDGE dependent. in some cartridge Varget is very temperature insensitive, in others is more sensitive.

remember this, because people give wrong answers about those topics!

Reactions: Dildobaggins